Sign in to follow this  
drurys testamonials V 15

Southampton v Norwich match thread

Not good enough, simple as.

A point away from home is always good, but we''ve got to be beating our relegation rivals...

Just not good enough for me I''m afraid.

A draw is nice, but a win is needed urgently against these teams. I have a sickening feeling that Hughton actually aims for draws now.

Please no negative tactics when we get some momentum, no uber-late subs and another striker in Jan!

IMO I am fed up. Poor.

[quote user="AJ"]Where''s Surman this season as well? I''m sure he''s in for a recall soon with how poor Pilks has been lately bar scoring a goal[/quote]

I hear he''s injured.

dire, treated them like they had the same attacking threat as barca

would rather lose 4-3 and at least slug it out

dont see why they cant take a risk from the start and then try and defend a lead instead of just sitting off and letting teams come at them, have absolutely nothing going forward playing this way

[quote user="AJ"]Not good enough, simple as.

A point away from home is always good, but we''ve got to be beating our relegation rivals...[/quote]Agreed this is a very risky strategy... where are the survival points going to come from? Beating all the top 10 sides... think not lol

[quote user="technika"]dire, treated them like they had the same attacking threat as barca

would rather lose 4-3 and at least slug it outdont see why they cant take a risk from the start and then try and defend a lead instead of just sitting off and letting teams come at them, have absolutely nothing going forward playing this way[/quote]
You''re a moron.

[quote user="AJ"]Not good enough, simple as. A point away from home is always good, but we''ve got to be beating our relegation rivals...[/quote]

A point today was what we needed tonight because Southampton are in very good form  and it keeps our stunning unbeaten run going.

This had 1-1 written all over it from the start, I just wish I had the balls to stick a £20 on that score now :@ Another case of decent result, poor performance. I''m sure nobody will care when we beat Sunderland this sunday though!

[quote user="ricardo"]Very happy with a point. Unbeaten run continues
[/quote]

Agreed. I think that''s the more sensible view.

Gone away to a team who have won their last 2 games, they''ve got got some handy attacking players and we''ve got a good point out of it and kept our run going.

[quote user="Carra Rud"][quote user="AJ"]Not good enough, simple as.

A point away from home is always good, but we''ve got to be beating our relegation rivals...[/quote]Agreed this is a very risky strategy... where are the survival points going to come from? Beating all the top 10 sides... think not lol[/quote]
Remind me where did Arsenal, Man Utd and Spurs finish last season?

Terrifically dissapointing performance. That''s all really. Holt is getting exasperated with the goal drought. So am I.

Very happy with a point but we must be the most negative and boring team in the league away from home. Respect for the fans that travel away cos it isn''t pretty but it does put points on the board and I guess that''s what matters.

[quote user="ricardo"]Very happy with a point. Unbeaten run continues[/quote]

A point away from home against a team that has won their last 2 games,I am happy with that.

[quote user="technika"]dire,

treated them like they had the same attacking threat as barca

dont see why they cant take a risk from the start and then try and defend a lead instead of just sitting off and letting teams come at them, have absolutely nothing going forward playing this way
[/quote]

How stupid can you get???

What real fan would rather have us lose, just so they can be "entertained", than get a well deserved point and continue a brilliant unbeaten run.

Pleased to get a point away from home but would like to see some more endeavour. Holt must be frustrated that he gets so few opportunities this season.

[quote user="ricardo"]Very happy with a point. Unbeaten run continues
[/quote]

Yup....I concur Ricardo.....a very useful point..........

Would have taken that point before kick off. 4 pts from these 2 games (Soton/Sunderland) would be huge against 2 teams who will be down in the basement come the end of the season. Great point in my eyes and yes I did watch the game!

Sorry technika but losing matches like this was the reason we got relegated last time we were in the PL. If we consider Saints to be a direct competitor against us this season then it was probably more important not to lose tonight rather than win. Truth be told we had the chances, they had a handball goal given, and on another night we''d have won - there really is little need for people to be as negative about it as they are eing.

Jesus! The negativity on here! We have drawn against a team that has won their last two and we were away from home and lost our best player (well one of them) just before kickoff.

If we are aiming realistically, we should aim for 4 points from each of our relegation rivals. Southampton will be more disappointed with this.

Onwards to Sunderland at home, the least in form team in the league to try and earn a 4th (yes 4th) straight league win at home!

While there is daylight between us and the bottom 3, i cannot be disappointed.

By the stats, we looked just as in it as Southampton did too. I only wish we could have swapped the timing of the game vs Newcastle and Southampton now!

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]
You''re a moron.
[/quote]

we would win more games than lose them that way you pr1ck.

going down playing this way

"going down playing this way"

No we will finish comfortably in mid table playing this way. It''s just going to be bloody boring to watch away from home.

[quote user="technika"]dire, treated them like they had the same attacking threat as barca

dont see why they cant take a risk from the start and then try and defend a lead instead of just sitting off and letting teams come at them, have absolutely nothing going forward playing this way[/quote]

rather lose than, not only gain a point, but take two from a team that needs to be relegated this season?

very odd.