Sign in to follow this  
drurys testamonials V 15

Southampton v Norwich match thread

No no no no no!

We should be going with two up front!

Jeezus Christ, we should be looking to nick this!

winnable gamebut hughton is afraid of taking a risk and utilizing the attacking strengths city haveorganised and boring

its like watching a league 2 team in a cup game

Holt did not look happy, kicked a bottle and straight off down the tunnel

Holt off and straight down the tunnel. First one to start a thread about a rumour they''ve heard that he and Hughton have fallen out wins a special prize.[;)]

Where''s Surman this season as well? I''m sure he''s in for a recall soon with how poor Pilks has been lately bar scoring a goal

[quote user="AJ"]Where''s Surman this season as well? I''m sure he''s in for a recall soon with how poor Pilks has been lately bar scoring a goal[/quote]should try snodgrass on the left, bennet on the right

Personally I thought that should have been a penalty...

Tried to shield the ball out, Snoddy got past him, he took him out and didn''t touch the ball. If Snoddy hasn''t fouled him on the way past, no way that isn''t a penalty...

We just don''t get those decisions. Even if thats not a definite penalty, many refs would have given it...

[quote user="Yellow Messiah"]I would take a point tonight anyday, so no need to throw it away by going two up front.[/quote]

So why change the striker then?   Why not boost the legs in midfield.   Their decision making is poor as is their passing.  

Not sure it was a penalty myself, defender got the ball I think

Noooooooo - should be Benno for Pilks - anything good from us has been with snoddy and tettey!!!grrrrr

[quote user="AJ"]Not sure it was a penalty myself, defender got the ball I think[/quote]

Not clearly, if he did, referee couldn''t have been too sure. Could have very easily given a penalty... Big team at home would have had a penalty then. We just don''t get these decisions.

Could have easily given FK against Lambert when he handled the ball as well. But again...

Because Holt has looked tired all game and does not look like scoring, I would have definately agreed with bringing on Elliott Bennett for Pilkington or Snodgrass earlier though.

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]What''s the special prize? I might oblige if it''s worth it[/quote]The warm feeling you will get inside from knowing you have caused me a small amount of amusement.[:D]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]What''s the special prize? I might oblige if it''s worth it[/quote]

The warm feeling you will get inside from knowing you have caused me a small amount of amusement.

[:D]
[/quote]

Won''t bother then. I''d rather watch Corrie.

Again, this a game we did enough in defence to keep the other team out. But wasted our own chances.

Holt header. Snod and Pilks just losing the ball when about to shoot. Johnson and Snod failing to head the ball back across the box. Hoolahan had a couple efforts. Some good Garrido crosses. Snod really close to getting the ball to Holt.

Very good opportunities, could have scored from any of them. Could have had a penalty. Mix of slight lack of quality and bad luck...