Sign in to follow this  
drurys testamonials V 15

Southampton v Norwich match thread

SNODGRASS! YOU BEAUTY! Excellent free kick! More of that, let''s get back in this properly!

Super Snoddy!

Although, not quite sure what their keeper was doing... They need to invest in defence in Jan or they are going down.

We haven''t even been good yet, and still looked like we could score soon if we just step it up a little.

Not sure which way this will go now, don''t expect us to concede a second, but you never know...

Tettey outstanding, Hoolahan might as well not be there, Pilkington hopeless, Snodgrass gets out of jail with a goal.......need to do much better second-half or it could turn out to be a disappointing night.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I''ve changed my mind on Lambert''s goal. The ball was behind him and he used his arm to drag it in front of himself.[/quote]You''re right there mate - its a definate handball - how did the ref/lino not flag it up???

If anyone''s found a decent link a pm would be great! All the ones i''ve managed to find have been painfully slow

I think It''d be best if we just slid this first half under the carpet and never discussed it again, but it is getting pretty bumpy under there now,

[quote user="unique"]Tettey outstanding, Hoolahan might as well not be there, Pilkington hopeless, Snodgrass gets out of jail with a goal.......need to do much better second-half or it could turn out to be a disappointing night.[/quote]Tettey is a little gem, isn''t he?The rest have been so lethargic in midfield. Up the tempo and keep the ball. Don''t hand Southampton the initiative by sitting back.

all ive got on is steve redgrave - he''s the FIRST ROWer to win 5 olympic golds.....

Why are Snodgrass and Pilkington so consistently poor with their set pieces and crossing?

I know Snod just scored one, but it was a rubbish GK error that helped him. I also thought got a bit lucky with short corner, Hoolahan almost gave it away.

If say 1 in 5 balls were good, we''d be scoring many more goals. We are being let down by poor finishing and even more poor final balls. When the ball is good form a set piece we have a great chance of scoring. But those set pieces are few and far between at the moment. And its something these players should be doing in training isn''t it?

Anyway, 1-1 so can''t complain too much. Hopefully we come out the better side like last game.

Did you see the ammount of attack coming down our right flank - 58% compared to 19 on the left.

Hoolahan non existant, Pilkington awful Whitaker v poor. Our organisation and work rate keeping us in this game because we lack quality in key areas, crossing and penetration in final third.

Whittaker needs dropping, I''m sorry, but he''s been woeful for the past few games. His passing is terrible, we miss Martin going froward too I think

Not sure equalising before HT was actually a good thing...

Haven''t started well at all. Nearly a nice move there, but Holt offside.

I think their keeper has lost a bit of confidence since the goal - his kicks have been poor - might try to exploit this.

BJ still not found his shooting boots! - were getting back into it more now - snoddy/tettey very influential...