Sign in to follow this  
ben symonds

Mark Bunn

It''s such a shame for Ruddy to get injured at this time but we have to try and not be negative on this one. Bunn will want to cement his place in the team and will want to be playing good enough to give the manager a headache come February time when ruddy is fit.

Hopefully the question will be.

When Ruddy is fit do we A: remove Bunn

B: Ruddy on bench while Bunn is playing well and we are in mid-table

If Bunn does well enough then he has to stay the no.1 until he slips up. It''s not good for squad moral to drop a player who doesn''t deserve to be and is playing well.

In seriousness, made a few decent stops and was very good catching/punching from crosses. Not as commanding as Ruddy but I think he''ll get there.

Only downside is his kicking, was a little bit poor tonight, but hopefully that can be straightened out!

I thought he looked overheated and pissed off at the end...in fact he was a hot cross bu......who turned the light off?

Yeah, much happier now.

Bunn did nothing wrong, was just as solid as Ruddy. Didn''t have too many saves to make, had a couple of dangerous balls to deal with.

is such a shame as Ruddy had been immense and in my view pushing for number 1 spot with England.... injury at a bad time for him... but Bunn looks solid enough.

I feel more comfortable with the experience and maturity of Bunn replacing Ruddy, than when injury forced a certain youthful Andy Marshall replace Bryan Gunn....

[quote user="Oli"]If Bunn does well enough then he has to stay the no.1 until he slips up. It''s not good for squad moral to drop a player who doesn''t deserve to be and is playing well.[/quote]Not sure I agree.  John Ruddy is the No.1 and should never lose it due to an injury.  He''s an England international and was playing out of this world until the end of the weekend''s game.  Not putting him straight back into the squad when he''s ready is a big no-no.

Unless Bunn plays as well as Ruddy, no way he should permanently take his place.

Bunn was good enough tonight, did nothing wrong. But Ruddy was looking like a top class keeper before his injury, and although Bunn is good enough at the moment (and i''d think for the next three months) just isn''t quite at the same level. It''d be kind of like suggesting Messi shouldn''t get back in the Barca team if Pedro came in and played well enough while Messi was out injured... (just because I haven''t mentioned Messi for a few days :P)