Sign in to follow this  
Blurboy1980

One game back

That''s all we are now from dropping back into the Relegation zone...I know not losing is a great thing but we need to start turning more of these draw''s into wins....Yes 3 draw''s in a row is nice on the Road but it just means our home fixture''s have to be W''s. We need help up front badly with Holt. Jackson''s shot is weak. Hoolahoops shot is week..Johnson''s shot...well just never on target. Let''s get back to a 4-4-2.

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]That''s all we are now from dropping back into the Relegation zone...I know not losing is a great thing but we need to start turning more of these draw''s into wins....Yes 3 draw''s in a row is nice on the Road but it just means our home fixture''s have to be W''s. We need help up front badly with Holt. Jackson''s shot is weak. Hoolahoops shot is week..Johnson''s shot...well just never on target. Let''s get back to a 4-4-2.[/quote]And start losing instead of winning and drawing

Two games, we are 4 points above Southampton. And they play Liverpool away next, while we play an out of form Sunderland....

If we had played Southampton at home tonight, we would have won.

We will beat Sunderland on Sunday. We will not be dropping into the relegation zone at any stage this season. We are two points ahead of a point a game average. At current rate, we finish on 43 points. At current rate of last seven games we finish on 55 points I think. Won 3, drawn 4 right? Thats 13 points? Divided by seven is 1.8(and lots more numbers) time by 31 (taking away the previous seven games). Either would be more than enough to keep us up.

We are building something special here. McNally, Bowkett and Lambert started it. Hughton has taken over from Lambert and we are continuing on our impressive journey.

There are areas to improve, and I am slightly disappointed we didn''t win tonight. But essentially current form is more than good enough. If 55 points isn''t enough for you, then what is?

...we''re also level on points with Liverpool!?
We''re 4 points clear of the relegation zone, and to full back in there, the majority of teams below us need to be winning while we''re dropping points, there''s a bit of daylight there for us to build on not worry about!!

Well said GP (and much more optimistic than me!). I''m not totally comfortable and we shouldn''t be because we''re only 4pts from the drop, but we''re playing well enough and getting points, which keeps us away from danger. We''ve played more away games than home and have Sunderland next, which we have to be trying to get more points from. Some people are banging on about how being unbeated isn''t good enough if you don''t win all your home games or whatever, but a point a game is safety pretty much and if you don''t get beat then you''re getting a point a game as a minimum! Throw in some wins and you''re laughing!

Your maths is wrong.Even if we lose the next game whatever happens we will not drop into the relegation zone - we are 4 points above the 3rd relegation place.Realisticaly for that to happen we would have to lose the next 2 games and all of the 5 teams immediately below us would either have to at least get one win (Newcastle, Sunderland, Villa, Wigan), or one win & a draw (Southampton) from their 2 games and that is unlikely to happen.Lose the next 3 games & then we might have problems but after 7 unbeaten games I can''t see us losing to either Sunderland or Wigan at home although Swansea away will be tough.I reckon we can get 7 points from the next 3 games & end the year on at least 25 points even if we don''t get anything from WBA, Man City or Chelsea, and that''s not a given either.

IMHO the OP is out of his mind. Tonight''s result was worth more than a mere point - it also denied a rival two points and that is very important - we''ve already done that to Reading and Villa aswell. We''ve got all of those sides to play at home where we are undoubtedly going to pick up most of our points playing the way that we are. With the next two home games to come v Sunderland and Wigan I''ll be surprised if we don''t pick up at least 4 points and that will keep us ticking over. To have 16 points already is a great effort.

Don''t forget that whilst Southampton are ''only'' 4 points behind us, in this division when you have a tough run of games it can take a month to get those 4 points, and in the meantime we might pick up a few more points ourselves. We are also 11 ahead of QPR and 7 ahead of Reading and that represents a chasm. Also, not only do Southampton have to pick up those points to overhaul us, but so do Sunderland, Villa and Wigan.

We are in a very healthy position and 7 games unbeaten - don''t underestimate how determined the players will be to maintain that run. A shame that Swansea away is coming soon, that looks a serious test of our unbeaten run...

[quote user="Green Grimlock"]Ignoring goal differance we are 1 win outside the top 10.  Pretty sure this says everything about the overall attitude of most of tonights posters.[/quote]

This as on the OP? If that''s what you meant, then no it does not.

All I am saying in 1 or 2 quick results we are right back down there. Say we let a goal in a game...are you that confident that we will tie it up? We know we most likely wont get 2. Just saying veryyyy quickly we can be back down there. Obviously I know a win and we are in 9th place. Places this year between 10-20 can flip flop so quickly.