Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

Ruddy out for 3 months!!!!!

Wow, thats not good news.

I don''t care how well Bunn played against Spurs, he''s not as good as Ruddy until he''s done what Ruddy has done...

Really bad news, I just hope Bunn can keep up the form that our defence has had in recent weeks. Hopefully he can heal up quicker than that though, he''s been a rock for us!

Well I am glad we did sign an older GK, I would have been a little more nervous if it was Steer or Rudd in goal. What I''ve seen from Bunn is very promising, but gutted Ruddy is out for up to 3 months, that is a long time to go out without playing football, I just hope he comes back as good as he has been.

I believe Bunn will be able to step up, but hopefully the team as a whole will.

it''s going to become more important than ever for the team to become a holding team. keep posession, don''t get caught out of position, and no more silly passes that loses the ball, the team needs to help Bunn as he becomes accustomed to the play. .

Does everyone realise Bunn has only played 6 PL games?

Most of his game time has been for Northampton, probably in League Two, possibly League One. Obviously Blackburn saw enough to bring him in and have him as number 2, after all we have had some decent number twos over the years as well.

Hopefully the performance against Spurs will be the standard he keeps up though.

I know he has a lack of experience. but there has to be some reason why many, many, blackburn fans wanted him as number last season instead of a former International.

I''m very hopeful right now, it may not have a leg to stand on, but hope is hope haha.

Typical! As soon as we get the back 5 set perfectly 2 of them go and get injured. Bunn is more than good enough for this league but this bad luck really does take the piss!

I''m not saying Bunn won''t be up to the job, but until he does prove he''s consistent enough in the league, i''ll be slightly worried.

Blackburn fans might have wanted him, but then fans don''t always know whats best...

Got to say Hughton has been vindicated in signing him now, if he wasn''t already, I''m really glad we don''t have to put Rudd in for 3 months, I rate him but thats lot of pressure for someone of his age with no PL experience. Bunns an older head with a bit of experience, lets hope he steps up and fills those big shoes!

Firstly,  get well soon big man.

Didn''t Ashton join Wet Spam whilst injured?

Just asking like as Arsenal are rumoured to be sniffing around our keeper.

Shocking news. Hughton can now get a good look at Bunn over December and, if necessary, bring in someone else in January.

I hugely doubt Ruddy will leave unless we get relegated, or somebody comes in with a massive offer for him

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]That''s irrelevent. Didn''t 99% of our players that leave us not being injured? Just for once, stop trying to stir up hate and btterness.

Arsenal already have a number 1 GK, if they''re looking for another it would be for a back up which Ruddy wouldn''t want, plus he has like 5 years on his contract and is injured atm. He is going no where.

[quote user="Morisons Prozac"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]
That''s irrelevent. Didn''t 99% of our players that leave us not being injured? Just for once, stop trying to stir up hate and btterness.
[/quote]

Are you on drugs?

Stirring up hate and bitterness?

Do behave.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]Arsenal can have him on loan for 3 months starting from now.

Hughton has tonight eluded to the possibility of emergency cover?.....firstly would the FA Premier league allow us to do that?, firstly as we already have a 25 man squad and secondly they may view that in Bunn we already havea senior GK on the books.

However if they do, which Premier league clubs have an abundance of keepers to let out, and which are high enough up the table to loan one out to a relegation rival?

Tottenham tick both boxes at the moment ,with 4 gks on the books and Hughton''s connections ,i wonder if there maybe a move for Cudicini??

I don''t get the lack of faith in Declan Rudd form a lot of people on this board! The guy is a very highly rated young ''keeper who has looked capable in the few senior appearances he''s made.

Bunn had 6 Premiership appearances to his name when we signed him - so hardly vastly experienced in comparison to Rudd. There''s been no attempt to loan either him or Steer out to gain experience, which I would have understood. And now, people are talking of bringing in some washed-up veteran to sit on the bench and further hinder the careers of two of the country''s brightest young talents?!!! For goodness sake, give the lad a chance - Realistically he''s unlikely to be needed anyhow unless Bunn gets an injury, and if he does play I think he''ll turn out to be just as good as Bunn is anyhow!

Steer needs to go out on loan from January until the end of the season. Rudd if he''s not going to get a game needs to go out too, but with a recall clause so we can get him back immediately if needed. Otherwise at least one of those two are going to see their careers stall into mediocrity in the next 18 months.

[quote user="andyc24_uk"]I don''t get the lack of faith in Declan Rudd form a lot of people on this board! The guy is a very highly rated young ''keeper who has looked capable in the few senior appearances he''s made. Bunn had 6 Premiership appearances to his name when we signed him - so hardly vastly experienced in comparison to Rudd. There''s been no attempt to loan either him or Steer out to gain experience, which I would have understood. And now, people are talking of bringing in some washed-up veteran to sit on the bench and further hinder the careers of two of the country''s brightest young talents?!!! For goodness sake, give the lad a chance - Realistically he''s unlikely to be needed anyhow unless Bunn gets an injury, and if he does play I think he''ll turn out to be just as good as Bunn is anyhow! Steer needs to go out on loan from January until the end of the season. Rudd if he''s not going to get a game needs to go out too, but with a recall clause so we can get him back immediately if needed. Otherwise at least one of those two are going to see their careers stall into mediocrity in the next 18 months.[/quote]

Steer is currently out on loan leaving Norwich with 2 keepers - I don''t know if you have seen the highlights of the recent U21 game against Arsenal but Rudd was at fault for 2 goals - including one where he manages to boot the ball into an Arsenal player and straight into the goal. Bunn doesn''t have much Premier League experience to his name but he has played over 100 times where as Rudd hasn''t managed over 10 games.

Rudd has potential but he is very much short of being a Premier League goal keeper - as Norwich can''t get a goalie on loan for another month and can only take one more Premier League player on loan with Kane filling the other spot I''m not sure how Hughton will see it, he has shown he''s a pretty cautious manager so I wouldn''t be surprised if he looks to bring in short term cover. It isn''t beyond believable that Ruddy''s injury will take longer than 3 months to heal and I would hate the club to be in the position Southampton are, without a goalie they can trust to make simple saves.