Sign in to follow this  
H4H

Mark Bunn cant kick the ball very far...

He looks like a little kid when he takes a goal kick... runs up as fast as he can and f***ing leathers it, still struggles to get to the half way liine!!

[quote user="H4H"]

He looks like a little kid when he takes a goal kick... runs up as fast as he can and f***ing leathers it, still struggles to get to the half way liine!!

[/quote]

it must be very sad in your world....if you can''t find something sensible to moan about...well do one!

Oh bugger off Nolegs!

I was thinking this too, if they can fix his kicking we''d be a lot better off! It hink we forget how good Ruddy''s distribution generally is. Bunn was solid, made a few good saves. Just needs to get those kicks to Holty''s head!

[quote user="AJ"]Oh bugger off Nolegs!

I was thinking this too, if they can fix his kicking we''d be a lot better off! It hink we forget how good Ruddy''s distribution generally is. Bunn was solid, made a few good saves. Just needs to get those kicks to Holty''s head![/quote]Err no,2nd choice keeper comes in,does a good job,let''s find something to moan about,you''re probably right...he can''t kick the length of the pitch,but if that''s what you want,go watch Stoke!

He''s in a tough posititon as he has to come in and do a job but has to deal with the assumption from everyone that all he''s doing is keeping JR''s seat (goal?) warm while he gets fixed. Plenty of time to make a mistake, not enough to to be considered a genuine contender.  And if he does make so much as a single mistake, he will be jumped on and a nailed on certainty to only ever get a game when JR is crocked. I''m sure he''d like to think he can at least give Hughton a tough decision to make once Ruddy is fit again so lets make sure he is fully supported to do that.

[quote user="Wiz"]This is a wind up, right?[/quote]

I thought the opening post was but some of the replies....

Do any of you seriously think Bunn can''t kick the ball very far?

When I watched the highlights I was thinking exactly the opposite. On one occasion a kick from inside our penlty area bounced into the other area. He''s not as big a man as Ruddy, but he has a long kick in him.

This wasn’t meant to be a joke or a criticism - more a matter of fact... a little bit like nolegs being a bit of a cnut, just matter of fact!!!

To be fair out of hand he can kick the ball a long way… but watch next time he takes a goal kick, he puts so much effort into it…

Sorry for ever bringing it up... a bit of light harted banter!

should also mention that I think hes a very good keeper!!! (from the 2 games I''ve seen)

I thought just the same watching the match, he has to put a lot of effort into his deadball kicks and wasn''t making a massive distance.  His kicking out of his hands was totally different, getting alomost too much distance with a couple of kicks going straight to Gazza in the Saints goal. A good goal kick is all down to timing, you need hardly any effort to easily clear the halfway line with good timing, but it''s also easy to screw it up, so often the hell for leather approach is the safer option.  I play in goal for my work team and if it''s the 90th minute and we''re 1-0 up I''d go for the Bunn approach, just to clear my lines... otherwise it''s easy to has a Forster at Leeds type of moment!

[quote user="Webbo118"]I''m waiting for the usual suspect to say that his arms are too short ![/quote]

In my days of Goalkeeping, I couldn''t kick the ball very far unless it was moving, so my C/H took the goal kicks, but no body could  throw a ball further than me, I could reach the other 18 yard box, we got a few goals from them long throws aswell