Sign in to follow this  
hogman

joke supporters

for christ sake look where we are 8 games unbeaten saints 2 wins on the bounce lets be honest good point tonight we didn''t play great tonight but how many times we have and got sod all its football thats why we all love it look at that shower down the road i no where i want to be otbc

I''d have taken a point before the game and even though I''m disappointed we didn''t get three in the end (I should have had more faith in us!) I''m happy we''re marching on with this brilliant run. Longest unbeaten run in the Prem at the moment bar Man City. I hope we get that away win soon and Swansea as next away game will be tough, but how good is it to go to other people''s backyards and nick a point off them yet be winning most of our own home games? If we get a big three points on Sunday I will be chuffed and it will top off the week. The only thing I''m really gutted about is Ruddy''s injury:(

well said that (hog)man.

yes there will always be room for improvement but we cannot expect to play like the top teams, keeping clean sheets and scoring loads of goals. The only way to achieve both those goals is to have better players than we currently have.

We are doing extremely well with the resources we have, playing to our strengths and I feel very confident that we will win at least one of the next two home games, which will more than justify the draws that we keep picking up away.

There is no doubt that we could play better, but then every team in that League would say the same.

Man U would have thought they could have gone on and got a hat full after scoring in the first minute last night, but didn''t. Mancini moans about Balotelli etc etc.

BUT if the Reading, Villa, Everton and Saints games had all been at home and we had drawn, then there would have been cause for concern. None of those were, and we have won games at home in the meantime. Isn''t that just about the perfect scenario for a team ''like us'' (NO that isn''t little old Norwich mentality, that is just realistic after a new manager takes over, and wants to install his systems etc)

Jeez, I just do not get how some people on here get through each day in their ''normal'' lives, it must be carnage in their house for their families

I''m delighted with how the season is developing for us so far.

Hughton, if anything, alongside his coaching staff, seems to have shaken things up just as much as Lambert and co did when they came in for Gunny.

At the end of last season I wouldn''t have been the only person who would have put down Martin-Bennett-Ayala-Tierney as my back 4 of choice for the following campaign. Yet I look at that possibility now and wonder how we would have played as tightly as we are now with those 4 in-situ. CH has come in, famously seen last seasons DVD''s and thought "hell, they can''t defend" and made that his absolute priority from day 1.

You absolutely have to be able to keep it tight in this division. You can''t go gung-ho and hope to prosper, yes, it was all very exciting for a time last season, but we were sussed out in the end-1 win in our last 5 games and 14 goals conceded, we were wobbling then. The well worn theory is that you build from the back forwards and thats exactly what we are doing. The attacking nous and goals will come, but a very good chance of eking out 1-0 wins or 0-0/1-1 draws over high scoring games when we might win, we might lose-yes please. The sheer importance of staying up this season will have sunk in very deeply with 8-10 clubs this season and there''ll be a lot of caution, so important will it be to them and us to stay up, so a lot of said clubs will be more than happy with a draw away from home-as I said, take the good chance of a point at kick off rather than gamble and likely not get any. Its not pretty but, stay up this time around and the starting XI this time next year will be as different to last nights as last nights would have been to our one of a year ago which featured eight starters and one sub who didn''t start last night-and thats not including Ruddy.

So yes, pleased with the discipline, the doggedness, the fact we are hard to beat and break down-so unusual for Norwich. The rest will come.

Agreed Old Shuck - there will be teams already panicking about what to do at this stage of the season (QPR have) and when we play them we will pick them off. We are calm and organised and disciplined, picking up points as we go.

Joke supporters.

Knock Knock.

Who''s there?

(no reply)

Must be the "crowd" watching a game at Portman Road.

I love this whole notion that you can''t say anything critical at all about the team if you want to be considered a "fan" the facts are we are very close in points to the relegation zone and yes I also know we are very close to being in the top 10. This team doesn''t score many goals as we all know and I do worry when we go 1-0 down if we have enough in this team to tie it up. It seem''s its this younger generation of fan''s that haven''t enough heartbreak yet in their life. I remember flying high in 93 and in 94 doing sooo well til Xmas break...we were in 7th place...SEVENTH. We then later won a whopping 1 game out of the last 20 to get demoted. Trust me I back this team 100% I love this team more then anything. I live in Florida but every Saturday I go to the local "Bar" with around 20 Brits and watch the game and always wearing my NCFC gear I spend around 150 pounds a year on new gear of Norwich either jersey or jacket etc. On Days where we play during the week I take my laptop to work and watch the Norwich games at my desk. Just saying to you 22 and younger fan give it a break. Yes 8 games without losing is great :) I will take it just saying..If teams below us get the odd win here and there those 3 points quickly catch up with our 1 point per game. January is critical to get another striker that can play with Holt. I love this team and I 100% trust McNally with this. I do believe he will get us someone in January to take this team forward. OTBC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you all like you are my family but you guys remind me of Republican''s back in 2001 after 9-11 with the notion of...You are either with us or against us if you criticized the government at all. It''s not all just White and Black..sometimes there is grey :) ok I will shut up now :)

There is always grey Blurboy, hence my comment about the 2 Manchester Clubs.

It seems to be that certain people on here are consumed with the negative minutae, and not about the majority of positive things happening at this Club. Yes, there is nothing wrong in talking about improvement, that is what all of life should be about, but it is like it is all consuming this week, after X number of unbeaten games!

Like I have mentioned in a previous post (winning at home, drawing away), we are having a great run, not a lucky or worrying one. That is great form, from a team such as ''us'' (as explained in that post)

It is relevant to talk about where we have come from, but that argument is very quickly disapating these days.

This team/style has Hughton''s DNA all over it, and the Lambert team/tactics etc are fast becoming a distant memory.

This time last year we were praising (quite rightly) Lambert up to the hilt, and nothing was wrong in our eyes. Now Hughton has just taken over a semi successful Prem side, it is his/the minor details that our being scrutinised to the nth degree, at this early stage. Perhaps twisting that round, is a part of being successful, and if that is all we have to criticise, then things are going well!

[quote user="crabbycanary"]There is no doubt that we could play better, but then every team in that League would say the same. Man U would have thought they could have gone on and got a hat full after scoring in the first minute last night, but didn''t. Mancini moans about Balotelli etc etc. BUT if the Reading, Villa, Everton and Saints games had all been at home and we had drawn, then there would have been cause for concern. None of those were, and we have won games at home in the meantime. Isn''t that just about the perfect scenario for a team ''like us'' (NO that isn''t little old Norwich mentality, that is just realistic after a new manager takes over, and wants to install his systems etc) Jeez, I just do not get how some people on here get through each day in their ''normal'' lives, it must be carnage in their house for their families[/quote]

And following on from that, people should take a look at last seasons fixtures and results, we are on a Par with new manager, Where are Villa,? Point Taken,  (WE WILL BE FINE)

I have no problem with justified and constructive criticism. The problem I have with what is going on on this board lately is that IMHO the criticism is pretty much unjustified.

I said on here recently that under Lambo we criticised the lack of clean sheets, now it''s the polar opposite so we criticise the lack of goals. We all want NCFC to win 5-0 every week but it ain''t realistically gonna happen!

The problem I have is that unrealistic expectations are dangerous, and that is why managers often try to play down their expectations. I read on here things like ''go back to 4-4-2'' and ''bring Fox in for Bradley'' and I just look back to what the outcome was earlier this season when we used that system - no wins and leaking goals for fun. Hughton often uses the phrase ''we know what we are'', but sadly many fans on here don''t seem to know. We are a team that needs to get to 40 points in the most effective way possible, and the current method has proven very effective for about 2 months now yet still the calls for change come.

I''m just thankful that the manager is going to do things his way, on his terms.