Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

Positives

Amongst all the doom that is rightly hanging around this board this morning there were many many positives.

• Ashton looked awesome - stories already abound that Keegan was tapping him up in the players bar last night
  • Drury looked prem class against a very good SWP
  • Shackell looked good enough to deserve a longer run in the side
  • Stuart added quality for an hour
  • We can dictate a game if we take the game to our opponents and sit high up the pitch as we did for the first 20mins
  • Sitting deep only highlights the defensive frailties.

Worthy needs to use this and take it forward to restore confidence this season mainly in readiness for next season.

OTBC

[quote]Amongst all the doom that is rightly hanging around this board this morning there were many many positives. Ashton looked awesome - stories already abound that Keegan was tapping him up in the playe...[/quote]

English commentator Martin Tyler said Adam Drury made 4 tackles in a minute! Brilliant and if Ashley Cole and Wayne Bridge injured, Adam should get a call for England! On the defensive side he was just SUPERB!!!!

I agree with all the points apart from one, that of Stuart.

I thought he had a poor match and his passing and positioning left a lot to be desired at times. Now don''t get me wrong, his commitment was there for all to see and he did do one or two good things but overall he didn''t offer much width and gave the ball away carelessly at times and in dangerous positions.

Oh, and if keegan goes anywhere near Super Deano i WILL hunt him down, give him a slap and say OI, YOU, NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!  YOU MAY BE AN ESTABLISHED PREMIERSHIP SIDE WITH MONEY TO SPEND, BUT YOU MISSED YOUR CHANCE TO SIGN HIM AND HE CERTAINLY AIN''T LEAVIN US!!!

Unfortunately FV I know that KK and DA were in a personal head to head for a good 10 mins - will that release clause in Deanos contract will be activated in the summer? 

OTBC

It certainly ain''t that far from "Mad-chester" to the fine town of Crewe is it.....

Young Deano, will be able to go home every night, and have his tea and laundry done...... ;~)

[quote]Amongst all the doom that is rightly hanging around this board this morning there were many many positives. Ashton looked awesome - stories already abound that Keegan was tapping him up in the playe...[/quote]

I think you''re exactly right Zipper.  Ashton looked excellent.  Really excellent.  It is absolutely vital we hang onto the lad in the summer.  He can be a superb player, whatever league we''re in.  Fantastic to see Shacks at the back.  Although I''d probably pair him with the doc.  Drury looked back to his old self and played really well too.

I can''t believe people are alerady starting to post complete crap about Ashton. One great game doesn''t make you the next big thing, doing it consistently does. Dean could have easily said no, stayed at Crewe and then moved in the Summer. But he didn''t because he liked what he saw enough to commit the next 3-4 years of his life to the club.

If you were a young striker with the chance to talk at length with on the best strikers this country has ever produced in 40 years then you would

[quote]Unfortunately FV I know that KK and DA were in a personal head to head for a good 10 mins - will that release clause in Deanos contract will be activated in the summer? OTBC[/quote]

Are you suggesting KK was "Tapping" him up?

Whats the FA''s phone number?

I cant possibly know what the subject of their conversation was  - I just know that ''a'' conversation took place; I suggested earlier in the thread that there was the possibility that he was being ''sounded out'' which is a possibility given KKs comments about Deano after the game. 

OTBC

We managed to score first for only the third time this season! (palace and blackburn home being the other 2)

I thought that Stuart was one of the stars of the first-half - in attack at least - he was first to so many balls and put a number of dangerous crosses into the box (as well as the almightly spoon).

Ashton - pretty much faultless in my view. Proved that the most important thing is to take any opportunity you get in front of goal - however hopeless your chances may seem! - I think it may have benefitted him in a way that Hux wasn''t on the pitch. The balance hasn''t been working up-front, but last night seemed more successful... I think the two of them and worthy need to figure out how they work best together.

Nice to see Doc rested too. I''m sure there''s potential there, but he always looks a yard off the pace and doesn''t quite seem to have got the hang of man-marking (or zonal for that matter). Shackell and Fleming, not sure, both played alright individually, but there seemed to be a lack of communication across the back 4.