Sign in to follow this  
Renskay

Butterfield update.

Ahh I see Mungo is a Binner, now it all makes sense, I shall ignore his post from now on. On the subject of Butterfield he has the ability to be far better than Wes I think, chased by a host of Prem clubs before we signed him and lauded as the new Gazza. Really can''t wait to see him become established at Norwich. Maybe he is the reason we are not jumping through hoops to get Wes tied down to a new contract......

i have friends in Barnsley, and the were very upset that he was sold. rated him as the best prospect they had ever seen play for them, and these are older guys who have seen a lot of players over the years, not some wet behind the ears who has not lived yet.

Not a binner my friend, simply one of the very, very few TRUE fans who put their hand in their pocket and turned up to support their club against lower league opposition in the Capital One Cuop. Fairweather quisling Snakepit sorts need not apply.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Not a binner my friend, simply one of the very, very few TRUE fans who put their hand in their pocket and turned up to support their club against lower league opposition in the Capital One Cuop. Fairweather quisling Snakepit sorts need not apply.[/quote]But Mungo...are you going to respond to the people who caught you out?  Butterfield didn''t play in the Scunthorpe match...

Butterfield was described by his previous manager as the best midfield player in the Championship. He suffered a serious injury nearly a year ago, from which he is still recovering his full match fitness. I watched him play in both the Donny and the SPURS games. He looked good, great technique, two footed and a long way from being PL match fit, which is why he is now getting good experience with a good club in the Championship. I can''t wait to see him back at Carrow Road fully fit. To write the lad off in the way Mungo has done is sickening.

[quote user="gorlestongirl"]Butterfield was described by his previous manager as the best midfield player in the Championship. He suffered a serious injury nearly a year ago, from which he is still recovering his full match fitness. I watched him play in both the Donny and the SPURS games. He looked good, great technique, two footed and a long way from being PL match fit, which is why he is now getting good experience with a good club in the Championship. I can''t wait to see him back at Carrow Road fully fit. To write the lad off in the way Mungo has done is sickening.[/quote]

What do you mean by your last sentence ? Mungo has given his opinion, what''s wrong with that ? I don''t happen to agree with his opinion but it wasn''t expressed in an extreme way so why get so offended ? Too many people too quick to take offence these days and then overreacting, if you ask me................ which I know you didn''t !

[quote user="Sasco"][quote user="gorlestongirl"]Butterfield was described by his previous manager as the best midfield player in the Championship. He suffered a serious injury nearly a year ago, from which he is still recovering his full match fitness. I watched him play in both the Donny and the SPURS games. He looked good, great technique, two footed and a long way from being PL match fit, which is why he is now getting good experience with a good club in the Championship. I can''t wait to see him back at Carrow Road fully fit. To write the lad off in the way Mungo has done is sickening.[/quote]

What do you mean by your last sentence ? Mungo has given his opinion, what''s wrong with that ? I don''t happen to agree with his opinion but it wasn''t expressed in an extreme way so why get so offended ? Too many people too quick to take offence these days and then overreacting, if you ask me................ which I know you didn''t ![/quote]

''Weak, ineffective and hopelessly out of his depth'', is in my opinion writing off a young player recovering from a severe injury. I find this sickening, because Butterfiled, as we all know has been out of action for nearly a year. I am not in the habit of overreacting, and am not doing so on this occasion. I am happy to debate the strengths and weaknesses of any player, and will continue to do so. I am also entitled to respond to the posts on this board, and will continue to do so.

[quote user="gorlestongirl"][quote user="Sasco"][quote user="gorlestongirl"]Butterfield was described by his previous manager as the best midfield player in the Championship. He suffered a serious injury nearly a year ago, from which he is still recovering his full match fitness. I watched him play in both the Donny and the SPURS games. He looked good, great technique, two footed and a long way from being PL match fit, which is why he is now getting good experience with a good club in the Championship. I can''t wait to see him back at Carrow Road fully fit. To write the lad off in the way Mungo has done is sickening.[/quote]

What do you mean by your last sentence ? Mungo has given his opinion, what''s wrong with that ? I don''t happen to agree with his opinion but it wasn''t expressed in an extreme way so why get so offended ? Too many people too quick to take offence these days and then overreacting, if you ask me................ which I know you didn''t ![/quote]

''Weak, ineffective and hopelessly out of his depth'', is in my opinion writing off a young player recovering from a severe injury. I find this sickening, because Butterfiled, as we all know has been out of action for nearly a year. I am not in the habit of overreacting, and am not doing so on this occasion. I am happy to debate the strengths and weaknesses of any player, and will continue to do so. I am also entitled to respond to the posts on this board, and will continue to do so.[/quote]

Oh, alright then.

Unlike most contributors, I have actually seen young Jacob play. I''ve seen enough to form an opinion that he''s not good enough for the Premiership, even as a squad player, now and in all likelihood never will be. Friends in Barnsley, great stats on the internet...pffhhh. Interesting that he is deemed to be "recovering" from an injury. When does recovering become recovered from? He didn''t seem to have too much wrong with him physically apart from a hideous beard when I saw him. He did, however, seem to be lacking many of the attributes one would expect in a Premiership quality player.

And if he isn''t fit now, why not? My sympathy for poor Jacob simply doesn''t extend to the club pishing away my season ticket money (and lots more besides) to pay a snip of a lad lots of thousands of pounds a week to lay around. Shape up or ship out!

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Wes, have you actually seen "Butters" play? I''m guessing not. Struggled to make an impact against Scunny or Donny. Weak, ineffective and hopelessly out of his depth. He''ll definitely do a job for someone. Probably an unspeakably grim town oop north struggling to maintain their league status. I wish the lad well and don''t suppose we''ll be seeing him again.[/quote]

As he was injured for months before those introductory games, they were in essence part of his pre-season. It takes at least six games to get fully match fit and thus he has gone to Bolton to do that. Enjoy the trolling !!!

I''ll look forward to when Jacob is back with us, from what people who have actually seen him play, they are all impressed with what they''ve seen, he sounds like a very good player. Will he cut it in the Premier League though? well we will have to wait and see, I don''t write anyone off without giving them a chance.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]More wise words from the "I never actually go to games but..." lobby.[/quote]Keep on trolling ;) Finding it funny myself.

It''s getting really tiresome now,Drunky. He is becoming a turdmonger of the highest order. The sad fact is that he is not stupid, just a gobshite.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Excellent news - now we''ll get slightly more than the pittance we would have otherwise received when we inevitably flog him in the January window. Nowhere near Premiership quality, wish him well in Championship/League One.[/quote]

He has the ability to be the best player in the squad, I hear in training he is something special.

Just watch this space.

Gl

[quote user="Herman "]It''s getting really tiresome now,Drunky. He is becoming a turdmonger of the highest order. The sad fact is that he is not stupid, just a gobshite.[/quote]I agree. To say...  ''''More wise words from the "I never actually go to games but..." lobby.'''' just because other people have a different opinion is a bit childish and silly. We all have different views on things, and it''s ok to disagree and talk about it, but there''s better ways of going about it.

[quote user="Herman "]It''s getting really tiresome now,Drunky. He is becoming a turdmonger of the highest order. The sad fact is that he is not stupid, just a gobshite.[/quote]

Just ignore him and stop reading his posts, you can almost hear him dribble with excitment everytime he goes fishing with his absolute drivel, sad as that is.

It''s far more likely that Jacob Butterfield will be Hoolahan''s future replacement!

I''ve seen him play & was impressed. Balanced, finds space and can shoot with either foot. Bit like a symmetrical version of Hoolahan – only younger.

I know you are right Yellowbeagle, but it gets a bit much after a while.

Anyway i got some good info on Butters and look forward to seeing him play.