Sign in to follow this  
Renskay

Butterfield update.

Apparently had a very good game against Blackburn impressing several Bolton fans who have awarded him MOTM

Excellent news - clearly the lad has some talent that I hope we will see over the next 18 months.   If we can get him match fit and confident he can bolster our strong bench further.

Excellent news - now we''ll get slightly more than the pittance we would have otherwise received when we inevitably flog him in the January window. Nowhere near Premiership quality, wish him well in Championship/League One.

Pretty sure hes back for the villa home game. After a few full 90 minute matches under his belt i think hel be ready and raring to get at em and make a difference to get us through to the semis, then we''ll see if people want to wave bye bye to butterfield. I cant see how anyone would want to get rid of him so soon, weve not even had him here a year, he''s quite obviously been brought in to be in the side for cover and to play through in the cup games to get near enough full matches playing for us, during which time he''l pick up vital skills and hopefully the love and the desire to play for the shirt like the rest of the team. A player like him, young, talented has been given a chance to play in the premier league, do you not think hel put a decent shift in to try and impress when he can? because i think thats the whole idea of aquiring players like him, its for the benifit of his and our future in this league.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Excellent news - now we''ll get slightly more than the pittance we would have otherwise received when we inevitably flog him in the January window. Nowhere near Premiership quality, wish him well in Championship/League One.[/quote]You ignorant ****

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Excellent news - now we''ll get slightly more than the pittance we would have otherwise received when we inevitably flog him in the January window. Nowhere near Premiership quality, wish him well in Championship/League One.[/quote]You ignorant ****[/quote]That''s being polite

Wes, have you actually seen "Butters" play? I''m guessing not. Struggled to make an impact against Scunny or Donny. Weak, ineffective and hopelessly out of his depth. He''ll definitely do a job for someone. Probably an unspeakably grim town oop north struggling to maintain their league status. I wish the lad well and don''t suppose we''ll be seeing him again.

Ren..I saw on the Bolton forums that they were impressed with him taking corners on both sides with either foot and being able to shoot quite easily with either foot from distance..now there''s something I''d like to see here

Looks like a decent move for us and him. He gets match fit and sharp. We then get a player back in January knocking on the door for selection.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Wes, have you actually seen "Butters" play? I''m guessing not. Struggled to make an impact against Scunny or Donny. Weak, ineffective and hopelessly out of his depth. He''ll definitely do a job for someone. Probably an unspeakably grim town oop north struggling to maintain their league status. I wish the lad well and don''t suppose we''ll be seeing him again.[/quote]Two cup games after months and months out with a big injury. As for not seeing him again..that''s a p*ss poor Chelsea attitude. Give him 2 cup games and sack him off if he doesn''t impress. Absolute b******s

[quote user="Cambridge Yellow"]Looks like a decent move for us and him. He gets match fit and sharp. We then get a player back in January knocking on the door for selection.[/quote]Or for sale apparently

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Struggled to make an impact against Scunny[/quote]Given that he didn''t actually play in that game it would have been very difficult for him to do so...

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Struggled to make an impact against Scunny[/quote]

Given that he didn''t actually play in that game it would have been very difficult for him to do so...
[/quote]

Oh dear, bumbo munchkin

a sort of ''wiz and the wensum stand'' moment

blown what very limited credibility you had completely out of the water

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Wes, have you actually seen "Butters" play? I''m guessing not. Struggled to make an impact against Scunny or Donny. Weak, ineffective and hopelessly out of his depth. He''ll definitely do a job for someone. Probably an unspeakably grim town oop north struggling to maintain their league status. I wish the lad well and don''t suppose we''ll be seeing him again.[/quote]

Surely that''s you.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Wes, have you actually seen "Butters" play? I''m guessing not. Struggled to make an impact against Scunny or Donny. Weak, ineffective and hopelessly out of his depth. He''ll definitely do a job for someone. Probably an unspeakably grim town oop north struggling to maintain their league status. I wish the lad well and don''t suppose we''ll be seeing him again.[/quote]

If only we could say the same about you.

As pointed out, he didn''t play against Scunthorpe and you obviously didn''t see him play Doncaster because he gave a strong performance showing a driving determination to succeed. He is also genuinely two footed.

You Sir are either a troll or an idiot but either way your comment is absolute nonsense.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Wes, have you actually seen "Butters" play? I''m guessing not. Struggled to make an impact against Scunny or Donny. Weak, ineffective and hopelessly out of his depth. He''ll definitely do a job for someone. Probably an unspeakably grim town oop north struggling to maintain their league status. I wish the lad well and don''t suppose we''ll be seeing him again.[/quote]I did see him play yes, against Doncaster. And of his performance that day i was pretty impressed, hes barely in his twentys but he was all over the pitch, getting back on the wings to defend, putting decent crosses/passes in and he has the confidence to take on players and then shoot from either foot . from distance effectively. Fair play it was against Doncaster, but. if that is how he plays, that is how he''l want to play in the prem, whether he can fully reach that level , obviously only time can tell but im sure he''l give it all hes got to get there.

Yes, whatever are City thinking of

the idea that a player could come from League 1 or the Championship and compete in the Premier League, whatever next ?

mind you what are many on here thinking,  that bumbo munchkin could come on here and talk sense

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Excellent news - now we''ll get slightly more than the pittance we would have otherwise received when we inevitably flog him in the January window. Nowhere near Premiership quality, wish him well in Championship/League One.[/quote]

I have not posted for a long time as I have been in Hospital but just who is this Mungo prat?

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Wes, have you actually seen "Butters" play? I''m guessing not. Struggled to make an impact against Scunny or Donny. Weak, ineffective and hopelessly out of his depth. He''ll definitely do a job for someone. Probably an unspeakably grim town oop north struggling to maintain their league status. I wish the lad well and don''t suppose we''ll be seeing him again.[/quote].........grim town oop north? i think it is inside your head that is grim, and that would be on a good day. i would like to engage in a battle of wits with you but i don''t take on unarmed opponents.[:#]

Mungo is obviously a troll as well as a prat.

Hopefully Butterfield will be given another chance to impress when he''s back, we need someone to push Wes.

Not having seen him yet, would that be his best position? A Wes style midfielder. Or a back up to Tettey?

Hmmm, best position. Perhaps somewhere where it didn''t matter if you had no pace, no spatial awareness, no ability to pick out a pass and no strength to either hold off or execute a challenge. Oh and somewhere where sporting a hideous threadbare "boy beard" would be seen as a positive. All considered that would be a lower league team. Only the very, very few of us who have seen him know the TRUTH.

It sounds as if Butterfield could turn out to be a far more potent version of Hoolahan. Two-footed, both for passing and shooting, and an eye for goal that Hoolahan seems to have lost.

For all the praise Hoolahan has justifiably received this season so far, he has only produced one assist and no goals, as far as I am aware. Hopefully Butterfield returns next month and proves a valid alternative for Hoolahan''s position.

[quote user="87canary"]Mongo with valuable insight as ever.[/quote]
Ah, got it! Valuable insight is a new term for D1ckhead[Y]

I''ve no doubt we''ll see him get some games when he''s back and fit. We signed him ahead of quite a few other Prem sides who had been watching him. A four year contract and England U-21 notice doesn''t indicate he''s a shabby player and certainly not one we''ll be moving on anytime soon.

One to give Wes some competiton-similar position to him, similar sort of player. Will be good to see him get a run in the side.