Sign in to follow this  
Irn Bru Canary

From the Telegraph match report - comments?

As for Norwich, their upward mobility becomes increasingly difficult to fathom. Their starting XI is ostensibly no better than Championship standard, with the possible exceptions of Bassong and Javier Garrido, formerly of Roma, and yet they continue to defy all doubters. On Sunday they stood level on points with Liverpool.

A bit harsh I thought.

You have to remember these are the same people that can''t get their tiny minds around why QPR are failing with all the "quality" names they signed in the summer.

They wouldn''t know football outside computer games and what''s first on match of the day if it smacked them in the face. Cretins.

[quote user="Irn Bru Canary"]As for Norwich, their upward mobility becomes increasingly difficult to fathom. Their starting XI is ostensibly no better than Championship standard, with the possible exceptions of Bassong and Javier Garrido, formerly of Roma and yet they continue to defy all doubters. On Sunday they stood level on points with Liverpool. A bit harsh I thought.[/quote]

Apart from the fact that he never played for Roma, but Lazio, probably written by a bitter Binner or bitter Leeds fan, who has littele hope of watching their favourite team in the Prem in the near future!

It demonstrates how much they understand about football. This is still about 10 times more than they understand about economics!

How dare we even set foot on the same pitch as the like of Arsenal and Man u ? It would be even worse if we had the audacity to actually beat them.

Just remember that what the average Telegraph football reporter knows about football can be written on the back of a postage stamp with a paintbrush.

This is the newspaper that saw fit to put its coverage of the Hillsborough inquiry report on Page 6!

Just watch Sunday Supplement on Sky if you need any further evidence that journalists know no more about football than your average fan. I read the reports out curiosity but dont need them to tell me what i see with my own eyes.

We''lll always be little ole Norwich to most outside of East anglia!

It actually benefits us cause we have the pressure off!

I laughed yesterday in the Suns preview of todays game, which was all about Sunderland!

The Beeb isn''t always a lot better: I checked out their initial match report on my phone on the bus home and was surprised to read about our player Richard Snodgrass. (They''ve since corrected it)

Yep because big name/celebrity players are the only way to achieve success. QPR''s players are well known and were signed to excite foreign fans and boost Fernandez''s profile in Asia with no thought to team cohesion HOW COULD THEY POSSIBLY BE BOTTOM OF THE LEAGUE WHILE NORWICH WITH THEIR LESSER KNOWN TEAM BE DOING WELL!!!!!??? Oh yeah it''s because Mark Hughes suddenly became the worst manager ever the night before he took over QPR.....

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]What the reporter is saying is that he has no working knowledge of our players.[/quote]No. What the reporter is saying is that he has no working knowledge of football. Garrido at Roma? Who knew? Alan Shearer ''earns'' a living as a football ''expert'' despite claiming to not know who Hatem Ben Arfa was before he signed for Newcastle. If they don''t know anything about players who have been in Champions League teams then what chance do ours have?

[quote user="shefcanary"]About as good as their choice of political party!  Dustbin material - tory aresewipes.[/quote]

An unpleasant, nasty little post.

[quote user="Sasco"][quote user="shefcanary"]About as good as their choice of political party!  Dustbin material - tory aresewipes.[/quote] An unpleasant, nasty little post.[/quote]

Yet another good reason not to buy the crap papers.

You have to understand that these ''experts'' all predicted ouur demise, now that prediction is leaving them with egg on their faces, they are now getting spiteful , sarky and vindictive.

[quote user="Sasco"][quote user="shefcanary"]About as good as their choice of political party!  Dustbin material - tory aresewipes.[/quote] An unpleasant, nasty little post.[/quote]

Glad you agree.  That''s politics apparently.... and that''s the same self-serving newspaper barons with titles who ensure their companies don''t pay their fair shares of taxes and keep sales up by playing to people''s fears by writing unpleasant, nasty stories about perfectly pleasant and lawful people. 

OTBC

Like many have said, I honestly couldn''t care less. We know the truth and I am quite happy for the press and hopefully other teams to underestimate us and think we''ll roll over.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

Yet another good reason not to buy the crap papers.

[/quote]

Hello ! It''s multi-lingual Pete.

Complete ignorance and while it''s irritating, the longer it continues the better for us.

It was very satisfying against Man U that Wes was the best creative player on the pitch.  Looking round our team there are many players (as well as Bassong/Garrido) that are comfortably showing they are Prem standard on an individual basis - Ruddy, Whittaker, Tettey, Wes, Holt, Pilks to name just some.  Others have recently come in like Bunn and R Bennett and have been highly impressive.

I think the Telegraph''s view had more truth 12 months'' ago but even then we had more than 2 players of genuine Prem quality.

But the longer the general view is that we''re over-performing, the better - we don''t want people trying to poach our players!

[quote user="shefcanary"]About as good as their choice of political party!  Dustbin material - tory aresewipes.[/quote]

Another "Tory aresewipe" :

The Daily Mail: “With Wes Hoolahan buzzing about like a wasp with a grudge, Norwich were in their element. Sunderland were undone by Norwich’s bright first half and a couple of examples of rank-bad defending.”

How dare they be so complimentary.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]Just watch Sunday Supplement on Sky if you need any further evidence that journalists know no more about football than your average fan. I read the reports out curiosity but dont need them to tell me what i see with my own eyes.[/quote]

That''s the crux of the matter. Most Journo''s don''t know more about Football than your fan because they all spend time elarning the game over a long period of time.  The main difference being that they don''t spend as much time looking at one team as a fan does. I know the Telegraph reporter is talking rubbish because I have seen my team play on many occasions where as this reporter has probably only seen them a few times. We have also come to recognise the fact that teams can be made up of players from the leagues below if you pick the right ones for the right values. We have come to this realisation through watching our own team. Your average journo though seems to think that you need "established" players to be in this league and forget that everyone has to play before they can become established.

I would say don''t write off all jornalists though. Listen to the BBC Radio 5 live World football phone-in and you will see soem examples of very good journalists who do know the game. Although even there they have some not so good ones.

Davo