Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

BUNN

This is for Beau''s benefit mainly, as I know how much he appreciates me slagging off John Ruddy.[;)] Bunn was at fault for the Sunderland goal, being too close to his goal-line. If he been properly positioned, a yard further forward, he would have save the shot.

I thought that he was shakey today. Also his inability to claim high balls into the box and crosses worries me. John Ruddy he is not.

We didn''t seem to play the ball out from the back today - Bunn was forever punting it long, which was pretty frustrating.  Was it because Sunderland were pressing high up or because Bunn can''t be trusted to pick out a good pass out?  Would appreciate a sensible discussion.

I can''t quite work out yet whether we have a good keeper here or an outfield player that''s had to go in goal??

I too worry at his lack of height in commanding an area and coming out to claim high balls but I think this is countered by his athleticism and shot shopping........one things for sure,he''s definately a step up as a back up keeper than Simon Tracey!!

Can some of you not just enjoy another good win and three points?This week''s unlucky City player to get unjustified criticism!!Leave the players alone FFS. Only Man City have a longer unbeaten record than us now.

[quote user="whoareyou"]Can some of you not just enjoy another good win and three points?

This week''s unlucky City player to get unjustified criticism!!

Leave the players alone FFS.

Only Man City have a longer unbeaten record than us now.
[/quote]

I do think this forum''s becoming a joke this season with regards to criticism. It''s like people are almost disappointed that we win at home and draw away and are forever clamouring to drop the players who have put together this run. I have seen every one of our top flight season''s and rarely do you get runs of games like we are seeing. Like I said the other day - I hope the players don''t ever look in!

i guess nobody saw his save from the free kick and his positioning to save sessegnon''s shot (i think it was him), yes he should have saved the shot ffor the goal, but ffs give the guy a break. it wasn''t a howler or anything

Did I hear him declared man of the match as I left the ground? If so I am very pleased for the young man! Ruddy is an England keeper, a massive man, totally different to Bunn, but Bunn did his job today and deserves to be seen as his own man and judged upon his own performance, he did well. 

Bunn deservedly got the MotM award as he made 3-4 saves which prevented us from losing!

He was the only Norwich player to not lose the plot in the 2nd half!

Yes he had a few iffy moments but these were far outweighed by his good moments!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]This is for Beau''s benefit mainly, as I know how much he appreciates me slagging off John Ruddy.[;)] Bunn was at fault for the Sunderland goal, being too close to his goal-line. If he been properly positioned, a yard further forward, he would have save the shot.[/quote]

Your in goal next game.

FFS what a thread. Bunn under tremendous pressure

but good handling and saves helped us to three points.

I agree with Nutty''s sentiments. This board is becoming a joke

I think some people are taking some very minor criticisms way out of proportion and taking the obvious trolls too seriously....

If you actually read through posts properly, nearly every one is delighted. But our team isn''t perfect. Quite frankly i''m disappointed with the people who are dead against any kind of change... Are you all saying that the performances from Pilks, Snoddy, Holt and Hoolahan over the past few games have all been excellent?

Obviously we have been good enough, but we can improve. Those having a go at anyone suggesting we can improve are quite frankly embarrassing. You must think 1-1 draws and 1-0/2-1 wins are the best we can achieve with 40 points being the only target. Why are you guys so against improvement? Do you not want us to be better?

No one that isn''t an obvious troll is taking anything away from our outstanding run.

Man of the match for me, could do nothing about the goal.

Made a few key saves as mentioned on this thread by others

Is it because he looks a bit like Michael theoklitos?

I don''t think anyone is against improvement gingerpele, of course we want to see Norwich do the best they can

My main concern is players being unfairly criticised on here when they have saved the game for us on several occasions, it''s certainly not ''minor criticism'' and I don''t know why you defend it, the OP obviously didn''t attend the game, did and was drunk throughout, looking for the rise or is related to ruddy.

The problem is there are too many on here who fall out of their tree if other users disagree with them, that''ll never change its human nature, but please don''t try and put a spin on it by saying Norwich fans don''t want improvement as that is quite ludicrous.

I wasn''t just talking about this thread.

Some are dead against even talking about the suggestion of Bennett or Morison starting a game.

I assumed this OP was sarcastic, because anyone blaming Bunn for the goal is out of their mind.

And the save from that FK, world class. Even if he was at fault for the first goal (which he wasn''t) that makes up for it. Was a quality FK, right into the bottom corner, looked like it hit the post on first viewing, which shows how accurate it was. Bunn was fantastic.

Ruddy struggles with long range efforts, he might have saved that but then again it may well have still been a goal, in the end it didn''t matter thankfully! Bunn is going to need a while to grow into the position after so long being a no.2. Lets not forget Ruddy was pretty poor in his first few games for us so lets not write Bunn off yet.

[quote user="Oli"]Ruddy struggles with long range efforts, he might have saved that but then again it may well have still been a goal, in the end it didn''t matter thankfully! Bunn is going to need a while to grow into the position after so long being a no.2. Lets not forget Ruddy was pretty poor in his first few games for us so lets not write Bunn off yet.[/quote]

????????  Seriously??   Really??

Yes LDC, Ruddy was not a popular guy early in his NCFC career...

Even early last season some weren''t keen on him. I''m not saying he was bad, but there was a significant number of fans questioning his consistency for a while.

Did anyone realise he saved that free kick on to the post that kilgallon missed on the rebound? Just seen on MotD, a sensational save and definite goal saved there.

He made another couple of goal saving saves where he kept hold of the ball with players all around him. I would have expected Ruddy to make the same saves but Ruddy is international class so the fact we have an understudy who can fill in that well is great for us. Reality is no team is going to have a second choice who is as good as the first choice.

The lad had an excellent game. Watch his saves on the TV replays.

John Gregory - the ''comments man'' on our TV coverage reckoned that he ''didn''t get his feet off the ground'' for their goal and said it looked as if he may have slipped a bit in launching himself. It was clear on TV that he got his hands to the ball but was slightly short of deflecting it around the post.

OTBC

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Yes LDC, Ruddy was not a popular guy early in his NCFC career...

Even early last season some weren''t keen on him. I''m not saying he was bad, but there was a significant number of fans questioning his consistency for a while.[/quote]

I remember, gp, but it was like people were fretting because he wasn''t Fraser Forster - it had precious little to do with his goalkeeping - which was always strong - room for improvement of course - but never deserving the criticism he got...................like a lot of other players.........

Bunn made plenty of good stops too,  but as the keeper himself said he should have done better with the shot whats wrong with some fans saying the same??? 

It cost us nothing other than the length of our finger nails and some ansgt at fans who dont seem to want to see where their own players could be better.

Bunn made a mistake which cost us a goal,  he also made plenty of saves.   He is not a secure as Ruddy but nothing much to be too concerned about in the meantime!