Sign in to follow this  
SYG

Harry Kane...

Am I the only one who was actually quite impressed by Kane in the West Ham game ?

He looked very lively and created plenty of good chances for himself which on another day could have easily gone in.

I don''t think he is complete dud as a footballer. He clearly has good ability His goalscoring record in the Championship is actually better (in terms of goals to game ratio) than James Vaughan. A player who some people were up arms about when he left on loan. I just don''t think he is ready to play Premiership football and I can''t see him having much involvement with the current system were playing.

[quote user="Cambridge Yellow"]I don''t think he is complete dud as a footballer. He clearly has good ability His goalscoring record in the Championship is actually better (in terms of goals to game ratio) than James Vaughan. A player who some people were up arms about when he left on loan. I just don''t think he is ready to play Premiership football and I can''t see him having much involvement with the current system were playing.[/quote]

Speaking of which does anyone know how hes doing havent heard much about him lately (Vaughan)?

Unfortunately Mungo is correct. Out of the 18 competitive games he has been available for Huddersfield he has managed to feature in 9.

BW''s Cat, it was an exaggeration, get over it, for goodness sake... About the replies in this thread have been about my poor wording rather than Harry Kane, how stupid is that? Doesn''t do much to disregard my opinion either....

Don''t worry GP. I''m just pulling your leg.

Regarding Kane I think that it is (or was?) rather early to pass judgement. We *might* see what he can do then and decide then.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Yeah i''m not saying it was the worst miss in the world. But that kind of gave the impression he isn''t quite ready for this league. Maybe he''ll only need a couple matches before he gets going, but we don''t know that. If he''s fit it''d be great to see him get 20 or so minuets in the cup. But while we are playing one man up top, and hardly ever changing to two men up top (mainly because Hughton appears to be allergic to unforced subs before the 85th minute in 90% of all matches) from what I have seen and know about Kane so far, I wouldn''t be confidant him being that man.[/quote]

Can you advise precisely what your in-depth analysis of this young player is based on? How many times have you seen him play? If this Forum is all about opinions, my opinion is you haven''t got a clue.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Well thats ruined my day, Mungo agreeing with me. :P[/quote]

Merely illustrates how ridiculous you are !

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I constantly contradict myself? Where? You are making it up as you go along. You don''t agree with me, fair enough, how about you give your opinion rather than just having a go at me?[/quote]

I think telling you that you are spouting rubbish counts as giving an opinion.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Everyone makes snap/early judgements, its human nature. And anyway all I said is was he didn''t do enough to get anyone exited. By anyone I mean''t mainly me, because I don''t actually know everyones opinion so can''t speak to them. I just personally got the impression from the little time he has played for us he lacks experience. And that playing one man up top, thats not something we want from that one man. Doesn''t mean I think he''s rubbish and should never play for us again. I''d be perfectly happy for him to play and prove he can do it. But until he gets that chance, he''s not really important. This is the first time i''ve seen him mentioned in weeks, and i''ve been involved in plenty of striker discussions...[/quote]

Ther naivety of the young. Every member of the squad is important. Just ask the Manager.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Of course you can make a judgement. People make judgements when you first see a person. Of course it doesn''t mean much, but how on earth can you say you can''t make a judgement? The woman who sits behind me at Carrow Road, said on that day, against Colchester, something along the lines of Holt will never be any good he''s too fat... Obviously she was wrong. But you can still make the judgement.[/quote]

Is she still advsing you? Is that where most of your ideas come from?

[quote user="Rivvo"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Yes I worded my first post wrong, i''m sorry. And everyone does make early judgements. Not necessarily on football players, but are you saying when you meet someone you think i''m not going to make any judgements what so ever about this person until i''ve spent a few hours at least with them. You don''t think, oh they look smart/scruffy/drunk/stupid etc? Its human nature. You don''t have to take the word everyone so literally. I''m not the only person to exaggerate...[/quote]

Yes but you''ve done it a million times before! 

[/quote]

I think that may be a bit of an under estimation.

Webbo you are a prat.

How pathetic is your life? Seriously? And thats coming from someone with over 14,000 posts on a forum...

And in response to your questions/statements.

1. I did not give an in-depth analysis, never claimed I did. You may think I haven''t got a clue, which clearly shows how much you know...

2. No it does not show how ridiculous I am, because other posters have also agreed with me, fancy having a go at them as well? Go on, please.

3. An injured player is not currently important, He has no influence on anything, if it were an experienced player then they would still be doing something. Kane might not even be in Norwich, he''s probably gone back to London for treatment, and unless he''s started training again, he''s not going to have spent much time here...

4. My opinions aren''t all ridiculous, you know it, you just want to feel big and clever, well here is something that might surprise you. You aren''t.

Please, just go away. You don''t have to like what I say, you don''t have to agree. I accused Ted Danson of bullying posts before, but you are 10 times worse than him. And he explained himself, fairly. I have seen so little opinion on football from you on here, most of your posts (that i''ve seen) are like the ones here, you like telling people they are stupid. Its pathetic. You are worse than Mungo.

It doesn''t really.

Mungo can actually be quite sensible when he wants to. When he''s not having a go at ''plastics'' and fans for not going to cup matches, occasionally he gets involved in other discussions.

Its only my opinion, i''m not trying to make out its a fact.

But seriously, is Kane even in Norwich? I''m sure I read he was going back to Spurs for treatment, if he''s not fit enough to train, he''s probably not here. And even if he is, he''s not exactly going to be of much use. If a player like Hucks, Dion in the past or Holt, Ruddy, Bassong now gets injured for a period of time, you''d still want them as involved as possible as they can inspire the team, they have a bit influence in the dressing room. I don''t think Kane does. Thats my point.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]And in response to your questions/statements. 1. I did not give an in-depth analysis, never claimed I did. You may think I haven''t got a clue, which clearly shows how much you know... 2. No it does not show how ridiculous I am, because other posters have also agreed with me, fancy having a go at them as well? Go on, please. 3. An injured player is not currently important, He has no influence on anything, if it were an experienced player then they would still be doing something. Kane might not even be in Norwich, he''s probably gone back to London for treatment, and unless he''s started training again, he''s not going to have spent much time here... 4. My opinions aren''t all ridiculous, you know it, you just want to feel big and clever, well here is something that might surprise you. You aren''t. Please, just go away. You don''t have to like what I say, you don''t have to agree. I accused Ted Danson of bullying posts before, but you are 10 times worse than him. And he explained himself, fairly. I have seen so little opinion on football from you on here, most of your posts (that i''ve seen) are like the ones here, you like telling people they are stupid. Its pathetic. You are worse than Mungo.[/quote]

Thanks boyo. Wrong! I know you haven''t got a clue. Just my opinion, of course.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Webbo you are a prat. How pathetic is your life? Seriously? And thats coming from someone with over 14,000 posts on a forum...[/quote]

You seem very proud of that. Perhaps you can explain the significance of it.

No i''m not proud of it, why would I be proud of it?

Do you know how long it takes to write a post? Especially many of my early ones, about 5000 were in the ''Last One to reply wins'' thread when we had that a couple years ago, me, B-Ru, WITS, WAY, Dogger and occasionally a few others like AJ and Jen would have lovely chats on there.

And Webbo, you don''t know I don''t have a clue. I do, like I have said many a time, you obviously don''t have to agree with my opinion but that doesn''t mean I don''t have a clue. You are just a arrogant childish person for saying that. Seriously, I hope you are a child.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]No i''m not proud of it, why would I be proud of it? Do you know how long it takes to write a post? Especially many of my early ones, about 5000 were in the ''Last One to reply wins'' thread when we had that a couple years ago, me, B-Ru, WITS, WAY, Dogger and occasionally a few others like AJ and Jen would have lovely chats on there. And Webbo, you don''t know I don''t have a clue. I do, like I have said many a time, you obviously don''t have to agree with my opinion but that doesn''t mean I don''t have a clue. You are just a arrogant childish person for saying that. Seriously, I hope you are a child.[/quote]

How dare you call me childish.

How dare I?

Maybe you should read what you''ve been saying to me...

Leave me alone, and I won''t say anything to or about you, simple. You don''t like me, fine, I don''t care, I don''t know how you are it doesn''t matter. Its just a tad annoying having someone repeatedly put you down for no good reason.

You have no right to complain about anything i''ve said to you. Or if you do, then I have the right to complain a lot more about you. How about we just leave it here?

Well in webbo, you nailed him.

Disgraceful attitude to one of our players. If holt was injured in the first couple of games after no scoring any goals would you declare "no-one cares"?

He is our player, on loan, till further notice. I don''t think anyone has seen enough of him to make any judgements.

From his brief appearances for us I''m actually looking forward to seeing more of Harry Kane, think he could well have something about him.

We often overrate and over praise our own youngsters so hopefully we''ll be able to get behind Kane when he returns.

Are you old enough to go to University GP? You are certainly not mature enough. The way you waffle on and continually contradict yourself I guess you are studying politics.