Sign in to follow this  
SYG

Harry Kane...

To be honest, I don''t think anyone cares...

He didn''t show much to get anyone exited in his short time on the pitch for us, missed an ''easy'' chance against West Ham. Looked like he doesn''t have the experience to be very effective at this level yet, and to be honest at the moment we don''t really want that kind of player on our team...

But I can''t remember there being a recent update on his injury. Can''t even remember if the club gave any proper time frame anyway, i seem to recall reading various lengths of time he''d be out, up to about 6 months I think... (including someone saying he wasn''t inured at all)

That''s a bit hard, GingerPele, based on a couple of performances coming on as substitute for 20 minutes or so. Give the guy a chance. CH has been spot on with all of the players he has brought in and I''ll give Kane a lot more playing time before I make any judgements. As for, the injury, I seem to recall a possible return in December, so he may not be far off.

Should be back in training now, haven''t heard anything though.

As Ginge said, not really anything better than we already have, and looked poor in front of goal. The prem is a step too high for him on first viewings imo

What part exactly was sh*te?

The chance he missed against West Ham was a really tricky shot? He looks experienced? We can afford to play inexperienced strikers?

The club regularly give us updates on his injury? They told us a good indication of exactly how long he''d be out for? I didn''t read various times he''d be out for?

to be fair to the lad, Both Hoolahan and Holt have missed one shots just as easy as kanes (One on Ones v Villa spring to mind.)

however, I remember reading something last week about how he was expected to be back on the bench, but was not yet ready.

I''ll expect to see him for a few mins during the villa COC game.

Yeah i''m not saying it was the worst miss in the world.

But that kind of gave the impression he isn''t quite ready for this league. Maybe he''ll only need a couple matches before he gets going, but we don''t know that.

If he''s fit it''d be great to see him get 20 or so minuets in the cup. But while we are playing one man up top, and hardly ever changing to two men up top (mainly because Hughton appears to be allergic to unforced subs before the 85th minute in 90% of all matches) from what I have seen and know about Kane so far, I wouldn''t be confidant him being that man.

I constantly contradict myself?

Where?

You are making it up as you go along. You don''t agree with me, fair enough, how about you give your opinion rather than just having a go at me?

I''ve said this before and I''ll say it again. Kane actually did two very good things in the short time he was on the pitch against West Ham - and one very poor thing.

It''s far, far, far, far too early to make a judgement on him. He may turn out to be rubbish - he may turn out to be another excellent Hughton signing.

Anybody who thinks they''ve seen enough of him so far to make a judgement one way or the other is barking.

Of course you can make a judgement.

People make judgements when you first see a person. Of course it doesn''t mean much, but how on earth can you say you can''t make a judgement?

The woman who sits behind me at Carrow Road, said on that day, against Colchester, something along the lines of Holt will never be any good he''s too fat...

Obviously she was wrong. But you can still make the judgement.

It''s a free country Gingerpele and if you wish to make snap judgements based on next to no evidence that''s your perogative.

I''ll take a little more time and make a judgement based on a reasonable body of evidence.

Here here, armchair fans who never see games in the flesh are perfectly entitled to firm their own opinions and state them on internet forums such as this.

Everyone makes snap/early judgements, its human nature.

And anyway all I said is was he didn''t do enough to get anyone exited. By anyone I mean''t mainly me, because I don''t actually know everyones opinion so can''t speak to them. I just personally got the impression from the little time he has played for us he lacks experience. And that playing one man up top, thats not something we want from that one man. Doesn''t mean I think he''s rubbish and should never play for us again. I''d be perfectly happy for him to play and prove he can do it. But until he gets that chance, he''s not really important. This is the first time i''ve seen him mentioned in weeks, and i''ve been involved in plenty of striker discussions...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]To be honest, I don''t think anyone cares...

He didn''t show much to get anyone exited in his short time on the pitch for us, missed an ''easy'' chance against West Ham. Looked like he doesn''t have the experience to be very effective at this level yet, and to be honest at the moment we don''t really want that kind of player on our team...

But I can''t remember there being a recent update on his injury. Can''t even remember if the club gave any proper time frame anyway, i seem to recall reading various lengths of time he''d be out, up to about 6 months I think... (including someone saying he wasn''t inured at all)[/quote]NOT this.....

Another poster who can''t be bothered to give an opinion... Whats the point?

Look at Yellow Since 72, Aj, Javier''s & Thirsty Lizard in this thread for advice on how to give an opinion on the matter...

''NOT this.....'' helps no one...........

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Another poster who can''t be bothered to give an opinion... Whats the point?

Look at Yellow Since 72, Aj, Javier''s & Thirsty Lizard in this thread for advice on how to give an opinion on the matter...

''NOT this.....'' helps no one...........[/quote]

Either I agree with your point, or I don''t. Why add more noise?

Kane will be a very good striker IMO. Still only 20 he is still learning the game. He is playing against defenders who are 6-9 years older than him and much more physical. He will only get better as he gets older.

GP...to say that ''nobody cares'' is crazy. Your allowed to have YOUR own opinion but you cant say that on behlaf of all norwich fans.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Everyone makes snap/early judgements, its human nature.

And anyway all I said is was he didn''t do enough to get anyone exited. By anyone I mean''t mainly me, because I don''t actually know everyones opinion so can''t speak to them. I just personally got the impression from the little time he has played for us he lacks experience. And that playing one man up top, thats not something we want from that one man. Doesn''t mean I think he''s rubbish and should never play for us again. I''d be perfectly happy for him to play and prove he can do it. But until he gets that chance, he''s not really important. This is the first time i''ve seen him mentioned in weeks, and i''ve been involved in plenty of striker discussions...[/quote]I don''t have an issue with your footballing opinions, GP; as has been said numerous times, this is a forum. What I have an issue with is your blanket statements that speak on behalf of everyone. I do care about Kane. I care for his health and I care that CH recognized his potential enough to bring him here and therefore I trust he has something to contribute. Given time, I trust he''ll shine.What I find puzzling is that in the very same post where you acknowledge that you don''t actually know everyone''s opinion, you begin it with?"Everyone makes snap/early judgements, its human nature."

Just a thought.

Yes I worded my first post wrong, i''m sorry.

And everyone does make early judgements. Not necessarily on football players, but are you saying when you meet someone you think i''m not going to make any judgements what so ever about this person until i''ve spent a few hours at least with them. You don''t think, oh they look smart/scruffy/drunk/stupid etc? Its human nature.

You don''t have to take the word everyone so literally. I''m not the only person to exaggerate...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Yes I worded my first post wrong, i''m sorry. And everyone does make early judgements. Not necessarily on football players, but are you saying when you meet someone you think i''m not going to make any judgements what so ever about this person until i''ve spent a few hours at least with them. You don''t think, oh they look smart/scruffy/drunk/stupid etc? Its human nature. You don''t have to take the word everyone so literally. I''m not the only person to exaggerate...[/quote]

Yes but you''ve done it a million times before! 

[quote user="Rivvo"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Yes I worded my first post wrong, i''m sorry. And everyone does make early judgements. Not necessarily on football players, but are you saying when you meet someone you think i''m not going to make any judgements what so ever about this person until i''ve spent a few hours at least with them. You don''t think, oh they look smart/scruffy/drunk/stupid etc? Its human nature. You don''t have to take the word everyone so literally. I''m not the only person to exaggerate...[/quote]

Yes but you''ve done it a million times before! 

[/quote]Boom boom.

Have to agree with Ginger Pele on this one. First impressions of him were that he looked a bit like a rabbit in the headlights. It is the one signing I felt had a slight element of panic to it. It was deadline day, we were a striker light, we happened to be at Spurs that given weekend and we could get the medical done quickly. Obviously I am speculating widely but that is just what it looked like to me.