Sign in to follow this  
pete

First win on a Sunday televised game

Yesterday was the first game City have ever won on a televised game on a Sunday.  Last season game against Villa was first Prem match won on a Sunday.  5 games on TV with no defeats have we overcome the curse that was Sky Sports.  Looks like we will be seeing fewer televised games after last seasons bumper crop.  Rather see Saturday afternoon games anyway.

If we are talking on Sky then it could be the first or maybe second time only.

I''m sure that the 3-2 win at Millwall was on ITV and when we beat Keanos mob 4-1 when Wesley scored the other one it was on the Beeb.

[quote user="yellow 63"]Think Millwall away the day of the Fleck cracker was a Sunday
[/quote]

Yep, feast your eyes on this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULOOheC5sgQ

when football was played on proper pitches, fans were real fans and haircuts were ................. hmm

Flecky does the biz on 6.57m and there''s some cracking stuff in between

enjoy

I love watching those old videos. I started following football in our first play off season 01'' I think, football looked so much more competitive and gritty back then, I imagine Holt would have absolutely ruled in that era!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]wasn''t our first ever live televised match vs West Ham in ''88/89 (a 2-1 win?) also on a Sunday?!?!?!?!?!?[/quote]Not being a statto and just from memory think this was played the day after Boxing Day 1988 possibly a Tuesday

I think you will find that during our play-off season, we had quite a few Sunday games!

Stockport at home May 2002
Wolves at home - play-off semi-final 1st leg

I also remember big Iwan getting 2 goals at Portman Road on a Sunday Sky game when we won 2-0.

Paulton Rovers was a Sunday also.

Need we go on?!

[quote user="flecky76"]

I think you will find that during our play-off season, we had quite a few Sunday games!

Stockport at home May 2002
Wolves at home - play-off semi-final 1st leg

I also remember big Iwan getting 2 goals at Portman Road on a Sunday Sky game when we won 2-0.

Paulton Rovers was a Sunday also.

Need we go on?!

[/quote]

paulton rovers was a saturday lunch time

Our first Sunday game, our first Sunday win, our first live tv game and our first live tv win was...

Milk Cup Final Sun 24th March 1985