Sign in to follow this  
The saint

Africa cup of nations - Bassong

Apologies if this has been discussed before,couldnt find a thread on it.

Do we lose Sebastion Bassong in January for the the Africa cup of nations? Lets hope not would be a major loss.

Aha, thanks. That would be why its never been mentioned then.

Surprised Cameroon didnt qualify,thought they were one of the top african teams

Christ, just looking at that bbc article. Apparently, Bassong joined us on a free transfer. You''d of thought they would be more clued up about these things. I suppose that an institution that employs Mark Lawrenson are always going to make these types of mistakes.

I thought that Newcastle would struggle without Cisse and Ba until I found out yesterday that Senegal also failed to qualify. That could explain why Pardew withheld Cisse from a qualification match...... [;)] 

As a Free Transfer it would also explain why we are able to perhaps push the boat out on his wages, for me he is easily a potential 10 Million player. What a steal on a free!

Bassong wasn''t a free transfer, I think undisclosed has been confused with free - it is another sign that cuts in the BBC Sports department have really hit the quality of some of thier output. They strangely claimed Garrido was in Spain''s Olympic Squad.

He cost us 5 million quid according to 5live the other day. Does that sound right?