Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Magnificent away form

For years now the big thorn in our form has been our results away from home. It hasn''t been uncommon for us to go a whole season winning just a couple if away games. This year however our away form reads

Played 16
Won 6
Drawn 7
Lost 3

Norwich, in February, having lost just THREE away games?? It really is superb.

Another nice thing is that we are travelling to places like Derby, Wimbledon and Coventry and geting results. Teams which we know we are better than have always been one psychological hurdle too many for us in previous years.

For the past few years it has been Fortress Carrow road and if we can keep it that way and still pick up points away from home we''ll be up for sure.

I agree, it makes all the difference when you pick up away points and there is far less pressure on the home form. The way we are at the moment I think we are ideally suited to away games when we will just get a little more space for the pace of Hucks, McVeigh and (when/if he comes on) McKenzie. I know we have won a huge number of home games but some of those have really been a bit of a struggle.

I get used to bad news from "foreign" pastures when we go away, over the years I have seen so many abysmal away performances and teh last few seasons I am not sure I have seen more than one scrappy win (maybe I just chose my games badly).

Great result today, roll on the Hammers................I wish I could be there.

have to agree with you tumbleweed, you obviously went to the same games as me, alas at the moment funds won''t stretch to away outings, but hope to go to palace away next month

who could forget preston a couple of seasons ago - one of the worst in recent memory. And then millwall 4-0 at the start of the play off season? I have travelled home numb and in shock from places such as walsall, stockport, crewe, port vale and west brom (5-1 and 6-1 a few years ago, were you there tumbleweed for those shockers?), the list used to go on and every time i would set out with renewed confidence only at 5pm to be looking for a good chippy and some comfort food lol

But i truly believe we are over them now, listening on canariesworld earlier, i got the impression we were just soaking up early coventry pressure and just biding our time before going up the other end and scoring. We seem to be able to do this at will now, and that surely is the mark of a championship winning team

good to see hucks made both goals again and sounded a real thorn in their sides

just how good is he - i really think we are still to see the best of him, what a signing!

Of recent seasons I think I could make a good list of terrible away perfomances that I had the misfortune to attend.

1. Ipswich 1998 this has to be the worst of the lot 5 sodding nil terrible.
2. Wolves we have a terrible record there and remember us losing 5-0 there we were 4 down at half time.
3. Grimsby f.a cup game we lost 3-0 when they were a division below us and I had the misfortune to be sat on the front row and it rained through the whole 90 minutes I got soaked and they missed a pen.
4. Crewe we were 2-0 up with 10 mins to go and lost 3-2 absolute rubbish.

There are many more to numerous to mention like when we got 5-1 and 6-1 in consecutive weeks at west brom and port vale.

Anyone else got any notable games that stick in the mind for being a total waste of a day/evening watching the yellows be a waste of space

Oh and I went all the way to Pompey on the train paid about 30 quid to get there and they called it off an hour before kick off.