Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

The Peterborough cup game & how best to approach this...

I was going to mention this on Sunday, but Mr Lakey just beat me to it...

Do we stick to a (hopefully) winning/our strongest team and push for a result?

OR

As we will still not be safe by then, AND could still be in the semi''s of the CO cup, surely this now has to be the lesser of the 3?

IF (please note "IF") we beat Villa and progress then I''d like to see a complete squad change for this...it hasnt done us any harm in the CO cup so far.

I think a few of the usual start X1/Squad could do with a rest by then.

Eschewing the smart-alec answer of "the A14", I agree that this is the game to rest players, more so than the PL or CO cup.

I guess Hooton will want to keep the same formation, though.

So maybe we will see quite a few straight swaps like Cafu for Whitaker, Fox for Johnson, E. Bennett for Snodgrass, Morison for Holt, Barnett for Bassong, Butterfield/Howson for Hoolahan, etc. Might see the odd fringe player in the shop window, too.

Cue howls of derision ...

I''d go

Rudd

Martin Barnett turner tierney

Bennett butterfield,howson pilkington

Morison Jackson

With the likes of shoddy, holt and wes on the bench should be ,ore than enough to win the game

As long as there is no midweek game, I''d like to see a full strength side. Players only playing one game a week do not need a rest.

Same formation as normal, different personnel:

Rudd

Martin Barnett Turner Tierney

Fox Howson

Bennett Butterfield Pilkington

Morison

"First-teamers" to come on from bench if required.

Job done!

I agree Let''s be, we''ve got to keep the 4-2-3-1 if its is still working for us in league games.

Rudd

Martin Barnett Ward Tierney

Fox Howson

Bennett Butterfield Surman (remember him? :o))

Morison/Kane/Jackson

We could throw the game to an Asian betting syndicate and trouser a few million to finance a striker in January. Either that or expand the stadium.

its weeks off - injury form suspension  may  all change an impact yet.  so i would say in theory chose a mix and rest our key players (wes,  tettey bassong) and chose around that.   

I personally think that we should field a strong team against P''boro......With a hopeful vociferous 5,050 City fans in attendance.....(and although P''boro is only an hour or so away), we should want to win, and win well for the travelling support at least.....Then it''s into the draw for the next round.

I have always had a love and a passion for the FA Cup. Even in this day and age, when those ''top clubs'' show mediocre interest until the final.

Let''s go on another decent Cup run.....and hopefully we can do the ''double''....

Well, I can always dream......can''t I?

It would certainly make people sit up and take notice.....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I personally think that we should field a strong team against P''boro......With a hopeful vociferous 5,050 City fans in attendance.....(and although P''boro is only an hour or so away), we should want to win, and win well for the travelling support at least.....Then it''s into the draw for the next round.

I have always had a love and a passion for the FA Cup. Even in this day and age, when those ''top clubs'' show mediocre interest until the final.

Let''s go on another decent Cup run.....and hopefully we can do the ''double''....

[/quote]B*oody hell Mello...........my PB is 1hr 5min from the UEA early one morning in June.Your Maserati will be shifting it to beat that with all that weaving in and out of those tractors cluttering up the A47 [:D]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

B*oody hell Mello...........my PB is 1hr 5min from the UEA early one morning in June.

Your Maserati will be shifting it to beat that with all that weaving in and out of those tractors cluttering up the A47 [:D]
[/quote]

Microlight...........done it 41 mins

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

hear hear !

I''m sure Hughton will prioritise the league.  There are plenty of squad players who could do with game time, e.g. Morison, Howson, Rudd, without it being a "weak" team.  And with people like Holt on the bench just like the Spurs game.

Does anyone know if the game times have been fixed for that weekend yet ?  I''d like to book train tickets for the game.

Let''s Be Aving You?

A14? Doesn''t that go from Ipsht? Don''t know anyone in Norwich who would go to Pboro via Ipsht.

Mmmm