Sign in to follow this  
Sideshow Tim

FAO those slagging Hughton at start of season

I did call hughton "tactical inept" and I should and will expect I was wrong. Massively.

Generally, i enjoy this board but there''s one thing about it that is really rubbish and which has happened since the day it was created.

And that is every single time we get a really good result, we get the vigilante keyboard warriors coming out baying for the heads of anyone who has ever criticised a player or a manager involved in said result. Let''s just enjoy rather than look for more arguments and more reasons to criticise.

It''s so boring and so predictable and so unnecessary. If people have doubted a player or manager they generally hold their hands up if they are proved wrong anyway. No need for posts like this. Don''t want to single out the OP because loads of people do it.

disagree entirely Sideshow tim...

I offered Hughton my full support throughout, but those who didn''t were entitled to have their opinions and if they are big enough to come on here and admit they were wrong then fair play to them!

After all, we''re all supporting the same team here aren''t we?

Hughton was lambasted for poor results, and city were poor in those early games, the results do not lie and tell the story re poor defence and attacking policies! He is paid to get it right and get results, and he has turned it around to go unbeaten in 10. Had he not done this, and results had continued in such vein, I''m sure many more would have lambasted him. Football is a results driven business, and managers get criticised and sacked if they do not get results.

Well done to Mr Hughton, and long may it continue, but lets not get carried away, there''s a long way to go yet, and we haven''t won anything, not even safety, just yet.

[quote user="a1canary"]Generally, i enjoy this board but there''s one thing about it that is really rubbish and which has happened since the day it was created.

And that is every single time we get a really good result, we get the vigilante keyboard warriors coming out baying for the heads of anyone who has ever criticised a player or a manager involved in said result. Let''s just enjoy rather than look for more arguments and more reasons to criticise.

It''s so boring and so predictable and so unnecessary. If people have doubted a player or manager they generally hold their hands up if they are proved wrong anyway. No need for posts like this. Don''t want to single out the OP because loads of people do it.[/quote]This.Nothing more boring than the "wise in hindsight" brigade.

But I never made my feelings known on a message board because I''m passionate and that normally leads to rash drunken comments.

i was so disgusted with our early results i pm''d  him offering to meet him face to face or call my mobile and i was going to give him a beating ... luckily he bottled it and went on an amazing unbeaten run OTBC