Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Reading from the auto cue through gritted teeth!

I thought both goalkeepers were really poor today, teams will soon pick up on the fact that Bunn is vulnerable under high balls & if today is anything to go by very indecisive about whether or not to come for the ball when crossed in from wide areas.

Swanseas goalkeeper was worse... beaten at his near post from Bassongs header (he shouldve have been better positioned)and the free kick went in the side he was standing, again poor positioning

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Swanseas goalkeeper was worse... beaten at his near post from Bassongs header (he shouldve have been better positioned)and the free kick went in the side he was standing, again poor positioning[/quote]Its the goalkeepers first responsibility to guard the far post... The wall is there for the near! His positioning was fine for the FK. If a FK goes right in the near corner over the wall, very few keepers get there. If it goes in the far post, then its all on him

Agreed NCFCRulz, I think saying the keeper was poorly positioned for the freekick detracts a lot from Snodgrass - the wall is there for a reason. A keeper positions the wall to guard one side of the goal, whilst he guards as much of the rest as he can.

If a player gets it up and over the wall, then back down and into the corner the wall was guarding, then that''s tough luck for the keeper and just simply a good freekick. Like Snodgrass'' yesterday.

What anoyed me the most is we were top game yes, but we got no little arrows or computer assited analysis. No freeze frames, look at that run etc etc.But we did get 68000 angles of Santi Cazorla''s dive50000 shots and arrows of Juan Mata and Eden Hazards movement to support Fernando ( who incidently I never realised had so many freckles !! )I was actually surprised we didnt get 50000 replays of the bloody peno, although we did get to watch Mikel Arteta take the same penalty 10 times as we were reminded he chiped it down the middle.I dont want the adulation, i dont want people wanting to buy our players or mountains of spooge about Ruddy.i just want some RESPECT

Lee Dixon was the only possible saviour of that show and they let him go to sit on a sofa with Adrian Chiles.

It''s so bad now it''s not funny. Hansen does NOTHING. I don''t think he does any preparation before going on, he is clearly told which game he is doing, watches it and then just repeats what he has watched. The Man U game was a classic example too. He showed a few chances and the goal and literally repeated what happened as in, "here''s Garrido, great cross, Pilkington header and it''s in the net"

And this passes for ''analysis''

Absolute joke - i''d rather itv had it and that is saying something given how cr@p they are at pretty much everything.

We always seem to get the fewest column inches in the national papers too. I had a look at the Sun and the Mirror''s match previews yesterday and it was hard to find City''s match in the papers - it was tucked away somewhere, while all the rest of the Premier league matches were prominently splashed over two or three pages. The pieces that the editors had deigned to include had more about Swansea than Norwich. Never mind, we are doing fine without the attention of the crappy big club obsessed media. Also have you noticed how Chris Hughton hardly gets a mention in the media now, but you heard his name all the time when he was at the mighty Brum and the "massive" Newcastle.

It''s not hard to work out why they do it. They gave us top billing last night because they had more or less no choice. Most goals and the most entertaining game to watch, but the simple fact is that there are less people interested in NCFC and SCFC than there are the bigger clubs in the division.If they gave us more screen time than the clubs with a bigger fan base they''d lose viewers, and that''s what it''s all about.What I really don''t get is why anyone cares. Are you so insecure that you need pundits cracking one off over Holt''s latest performance every week. It''s easily possible to watch every game these days, home and away, so why people are desperate for every element of the game to be disected in minutiae is beyond me. I''m more than capable of forming my own opinions on the important events in the game.If you believe Gary Lineker''s comments on twitter last night he''s happy we''re doing well, but that doesn''t fit with the paranoia on here, so we''ll ignore that.

[quote user="QHcanary"]It''s not hard to work out why they do it. They gave us top billing last night because they had more or less no choice. Most goals and the most entertaining game to watch, but the simple fact is that there are less people interested in NCFC and SCFC than there are the bigger clubs in the division.If they gave us more screen time than the clubs with a bigger fan base they''d lose viewers, and that''s what it''s all about.What I really don''t get is why anyone cares. Are you so insecure that you need pundits cracking one off over Holt''s latest performance every week. It''s easily possible to watch every game these days, home and away, so why people are desperate for every element of the game to be disected in minutiae is beyond me. I''m more than capable of forming my own opinions on the important events in the game.If you believe Gary Lineker''s comments on twitter last night he''s happy we''re doing well, but that doesn''t fit with the paranoia on here, so we''ll ignore that.[/quote]

Finally someone actually talks some sense! Have never understood the reaction to our motd coverage on here.

I agree with the comments above. The majority of the target audience support the "bigger" teams. So the BBC has no choice but to cater for them to a certain degree in terms of air time and exposure. I also think the lack of coverage is a good thing. We have got some serious footballers at this club. The longer they fly under the radar and we keep hold of them the better.

Fao Alan Hansen. This, is analysis:

Norwich''s Anthony Pilkington exploits Sunderland''s high defensive line | Michael Cox

http://gu.com/p/3c8m6

[quote user="Cambridge Yellow"]I agree with the comments above. The majority of the target audience support the "bigger" teams. So the BBC has no choice but to cater for them to a certain degree in terms of air time and exposure. I also think the lack of coverage is a good thing. We have got some serious footballers at this club. The longer they fly under the radar and we keep hold of them the better.[/quote]

If we subscribe to that view, then things will only stay the same, the ''big'' clubs will remain the biggest. Surely its all about entertainment, not just games featuring the big clubs.

In truth, more people support teams other than the big four, or however mean teams this week qualify to be called ''big'' , so why not spread coverage out.

Otherwise the game really is doomed.

Its the same on the BBC sports webpages with endless blogs and features about Chelsea, Man Utd and even QPR now Old ''Arry is manager there.