Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Looks like the Posh game could sell out today

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="GMF"] 

Bottom line is, tickets were available from the Club tickets office, plus the Club shop in the City, plus the phone lines (if you fancy paying 5 pence a minute and wait over half an hour in the queue, or, most simply of all, online! In my humble opinion, that gives anyone who wants to go more than ample opportunity to get a ticket if they really want one.

[/quote]I agree that there were plenty of avenues for obtaining a ticket but 5050 were sold on a free-for-all basis in just 8 hours. Great for supporters who hardly ever go but not so great for any Group 2''s or or Group 3''s who for whatever reason couldn''t buy them today.It should really have gone to a ballot....[/quote]

Not sure they sold out simply because it was a "free for all?" Yes, Group 2 may feel slightly aggrieved that they didn''t get 2nd dibbs, but, to be honest, if they''re that committed they would almost certainly be organised to make sure they didn''t miss out?

As for Group 3, which I''m in, with 22,000 season ticket holders, this is always likely to be over subscribed. However, everyone has to start somewhere on their away travels and this represents an excellent opportunity for newbies to get onboard with away games!

I got my season ticket over 15 years ago, shame some of you fat lazy ******* couldnt do the same when we had just under14000 fans in the ground back then, so do i feel priviledged that i have a fa cup ticket............ yes Ha Ha Ha.....Unlucky

Sorry City Penguine, everyone knew, or should have known, that there was likely to be a huge demand for this one. If you really wanted a ticket, you''d have got yourself organised accordingly.

Seems to be a fact of life that many look for others to blame when they don''t get what they want or expect. Call it flippant if you want but that''s the reality!

Would anybody who was lucky enough to get a ticket be prepared to take my son with them?  He''s almost 1 so wouldn''t need his own seat and I''m really desperate for him to see a Norwich City game even if he won''t be able to take any of it in.

Now then, I was lucky enough to get eight tickets for this one so feel free to send me a private message if you are interested in a ticket as we might be able to come to a mutually agreeable solution, if you get what I mean.  I''m nudging and winking but it doesn''t translate onto a computer screen.

[quote user="GMF"]Why is it flippant Northluck C? The facts are that both emails from the Club advising that Cup tickets were available from Friday, plus the Ticket Updates on the Club website, made it clear that tickets would be available online.

Whether that''s a first for a Cup away game I don''t know, but I''ve purchased tickets that are on General sale for away league games on several occasions in the past. It''s very easy to set up the Family and Friends option online and purchasing tickets online was easy, no more than 3 minutes this morning.

There really was no excuses for missing out with a bit of organisation. I can''t believe anyone couldn''t organise a friend to do this if they were genuinely unable to buy a ticket themselves![/quote]How easy is it to be wise after the event? I''m glad you anticipated 5,000+ tickets to sell out by 4pm on the first day of sale. I didn''t. Having not got through at lunchtime, I thought it would be plenty safe enough to hold on to the evening. I was wrong.I''ll still be there, undercover. Unless I can''t get myself organised and end up forgetting about it on the day. Or miss the kick-off. Or can''t find the stadium.

It''s difficult with this because while I see Northluck''s point of "who honestly thought 5000+ tickets in eight hours, I also agree with the points of others around being organised.

It''s my Birthday that weekend so between eight of us we got together customer numbers (thought we might need them due to a point made in a bit) and I ordered 8 tickets this morning as I knew there could be massive demand.

Now the point of the customer numbers is I agree with Mungo that they should have been limited to a ticket per customer.

I also think that the only way away games will ever be allocated fairly is 10 away games, 9 away games, 8 away games, and so on until they sell out. Other clubs do it this way and for the love of God get rid of paper applications.

Doesn''t everybody who gets a ticket have to register with the club and therefore have a customer number? If not, why not? Limit every away game to 1 ticker per customer number and use the full tiered system and its the only way it will ever be fair.

Great response but another ticketing co*k up by the club!

Category2 fans (those with 10 away stubs from last season) should have been given first call until Wednesday midnight after the Villa game. Then Wednesday morning 9am the tickets should have gone on sale to season ticket holders and then Friday 9am they should have gone on general sale!

This would have the fairest schedule cause people have other things in life and maybe would be unable to sort out getting tickets today!

This proves what huge support when tickets aren''t extortionately priced we have, anti stadium expansioners, little ole Norwich believers take note!

It''s not really a question of being wise after the event, as we''ve taken over 2,000 away in 5 out of 8 away games so far this season. Peterborough is comparatively close so we were always likely to take a huge following and sell out quickly. I don''t think anyone actually thought it would be less than 8 hours. However, we were all aware from Tuesday that they would go on sale 9.00 am Friday, plenty of time to get organised.

You''ve got 4 weeks to go undercover. Best of luck!

Agree with GMF here. Bunch of moaners on this site!

I''m a season ticket holder and also category 2 for away applications. I got my ticket at lunchtime in person from Carrow road.

It''s called organisation. Simples.

Those who miss out only have themselves to blame. If they really wanted to go, they had 8 hours to sort out the purchase. I''m afraid the world doesn''t stop for any of us, it''s up to everyone to be a teeny bit organised!!

Otbc

If it was just a case that I was too late I wouldn''t be annoyed. However I went to the castle mall store and while queueing myself and the bloke in the queue behind me were told that they didn''t have any tickets left there as Peterborough couldn''t get enough printed in time. There were some terrace tickets left at carrow road but they would be getting more in so I thought I would just leave it until Monday. If I had been told that there had been such huge demand I would have gone to carrow road to make sure I got one.

Well I actually went in Chapelfield at 12.45. Was told they had sold out there so I went straight down to Carrow Road to buy them in person.

Whilst in the city, bumped into a mate and said I was then off to get tickets from Carrow Road. He said, why didn''t I just call. He had phone a few minutes earlier and purchased his tickets without much hassle.

So that''s 2 options which proved successful today. PHONE or WALK to Carrow Road.

Rocket science it ain''t.

I''m not sure why Mungo''s so upset.

Real fans have an away season ticket, right?

At least, i think that''s how this is supposed to work....

[quote user="flecky76"]Rocket science it ain''t.[/quote]But very awkward it is when you''re at work, 50 miles from Norwich, with your only option being to call a premium rate number on your mobile during lunch hour.Can I just stress that I am not moaning or blaming anyone. I was surprised and disappointed they sold so quickly, but that''s life, these things happen. What I do take exception to is the suggestion that I (or anyone else) have somehow been disorganised for missing out in such a short window.

If the Club did not receive all 5050 tickets from Peterborough before they went on sale, it''s hardly their fault?

Would you expect them to halt sales once they reached the limit of tickets actually in their possession? Hardly.

There was always going to be a finite number at the Club shop with the remainder being sold in person at the ticket office, or through telephone orders or online.

Take exception all you like, the Ticket Updates on the Club website and the Club email made it clear that they were also available online. Saying that you only had the option to ring from a mobile in your lunchtime is simply wrong and misleading.

I''m really sorry if you have no relatives or friends who couldn''t buy a ticket on your behalf. As the tickets were on general sale, a bit of organisation on your part would have resolved your problem. Simples

The bit where that became in any way relevant to my point.

By your own logic, chap, the only people missing out are Johnny-come-lately 10 away stub peasants. Who cares if they''re annoyed at not getting a ticket. It''s not like they''re real fans, eh?

For what it''s worth, i''m actually a home and away season ticket holder. And a shareholder, to boot.

I didn''t go to either the cup game against Spurs, or the AGM though.

But don''t let that stop you posting drivel, chap.

I ''phoned at 9.00 a.m., joined the queue at number 46 and had three tickets ordered by 9.35 a.m. If that''s what it takes you either choose to do it or not.

I''m a season ticket holder for 26 years and I anticipated this being a very attractive fixture and a sell out. Consequently as soon as the draw was made I contacted my mates so we were ready to go as soon as ticket details were announced.Hence I have no sympathy for sleepy season ticket holders. I''m glad that Norwich fans that don''t normally get to go to the "glamour" Premier away games (because they always go to ballot) can enjoy a cracking day out supporting City.It''s not difficult to work out that it would be popular, just consider the evidence:- Its a very easy game to travel to from Norwich by road or train. - There''s a big covered terrace. (We all love a retro, old skool day out)- We haven''t played at London Rd since the 80''s, so all the ground tickers will be out.- There are some great pubs in Peterborough.- It''s the FA Cup 3rd round and we always take plenty away in the FA Cup. (4,000 to West Brom last season after we played them the week before)- General sale and terracing means there will be quite a few private mini buses and coaches organised. Good on ''em, it will be a great day out!

The cynic in me thinks our resident vegetable Mango Pumpkin might just have missed out on tickets today... ;)

GMF, online was not an option for me at work even if I''d known about it, so I have absolutely not misled anyone. Yes, perhaps I could''ve asked someone to do it for me. Did it seem necessary at the time? No, my bad. However, clearly even the club are surprised they went so quickly given McNally''s response and the fact they didn''t limit the number sold per customer in the first place.I don''t have a problem as I will be going anyway. I am just at a loss if you can''t understand people would be disappointed that the lot had gone before the end of the working day on day one.