Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Looks like the Posh game could sell out today

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

Personally I disagree.  About time ST holders got up off their fat backsides and queued up like the rest of us

Theres 22000 ST holders.  Id suggest that theres more than double that number that support Norwich across the globe.  That makes ST holders a minority

Live with it Mungo, Live with it [:D]

[/quote]Labelling all ST holders as fat? :SAnd the fact that they are a minority is not reasonable justification for not giving them priority! If anything, its the opposite!

[quote user="NCFCRulz"]In all honesty, the written application form is ridiculous as it is. Well outdated, and I cant believe it hasnt been available to fill in electronically already. Keep the written apps there for those still in the stone age without internet (I jest) but the vast majority would fill in online with some auto system NCFCs end to auto fill in the data.

However yes, why shouldn''t season ticket holders get priority over general sale? Especially on a game which is going to sell out quick. Yes, you can argue that people from far away cant get to every game, and thats fair enough, but why should someone who has been to 0 games in the last year have the same chance of getting x tickets as someone who has been to 20-25?

I do agree that Members with 5 away stubbs or 10 stubbs total should be same group at ST holders, not needing 10 away stubbs as this is too much IMO

As for the groups, well we know from McNallys tweets that they are looking to change that next season.
[/quote]

Good post.  That gives distance fans a chance to go higher up the lists and is probably one of the best thoughts Ive seen for balance on this subject

[quote user="NCFCRulz"][quote user="Barclay hero"]

Personally I disagree.  About time ST holders got up off their fat backsides and queued up like the rest of us

Theres 22000 ST holders.  Id suggest that theres more than double that number that support Norwich across the globe.  That makes ST holders a minority

[/quote]

Labelling all ST holders as fat? :S

And the fact that they are a minority is not reasonable justification for not giving them priority! If anything, its the opposite!
[/quote]

Im sure there are several STs who are fat.  Im fat.  Although I do fit on a single seat.....Ive seen several people at CR and elsewhere over the years that probably dont.  And some of those might be ST holders!

As others say in this post the ST is there to guarantee you a HOME ticket, not away.  However I do like your previous post, well thought out

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

[quote user="NCFCRulz"]In all honesty, the written application form is ridiculous as it is. Well outdated, and I cant believe it hasnt been available to fill in electronically already. Keep the written apps there for those still in the stone age without internet (I jest) but the vast majority would fill in online with some auto system NCFCs end to auto fill in the data.However yes, why shouldn''t season ticket holders get priority over general sale? Especially on a game which is going to sell out quick. Yes, you can argue that people from far away cant get to every game, and thats fair enough, but why should someone who has been to 0 games in the last year have the same chance of getting x tickets as someone who has been to 20-25?I do agree that Members with 5 away stubbs or 10 stubbs total should be same group at ST holders, not needing 10 away stubbs as this is too much IMOAs for the groups, well we know from McNallys tweets that they are looking to change that next season.[/quote]

Good post.  That gives distance fans a chance to go higher up the lists and is probably one of the best thoughts Ive seen for balance on this subject

[/quote]Thanks! Long time lurker, signed up in 2006 but have less than 100 posts! Use other forums plenty (2+2 etc) I guess i''ve always kept my NCFC opinions to myself! Going to try to post more!

[quote user="NCFCRulz"] but why should someone who has been to 0 games in the last year have the same chance of getting x tickets as someone who has been to 20-25?[/quote]

This is a non argument     Think about it.     If you had been to 0 games this season, why on earth would you choose Peterborough away to be your first match?     Only those who are keen supporters are going to want to go to Peterborough.    As has been said, there was ample time for people to get it together to get a ticket - if they were that keen.  Some will miss out - they always will for away games - we can''t all go to away games.  

[quote user="Barclay hero"][quote user="NCFCRulz"][quote user="Barclay hero"]

[/quote]Labelling all ST holders as fat? :SAnd the fact that they are a minority is not reasonable justification for not giving them priority! If anything, its the opposite![/quote]

Im sure there are several STs who are fat.  Im fat.  Although I do fit on a single seat.....Ive seen several people at CR and elsewhere over the years that probably dont.  And some of those might be ST holders!

As others say in this post the ST is there to guarantee you a HOME ticket, not away.  However I do like your previous post, well thought out

[/quote]I completely agree that a ST gets you home tickets, not away, and I also agree that someone who has attended 0 Home Games and 10 Away Games should get priority over someone who has attended 20 Home Games and 0 Away GamesHowever, with the App process, they do get that priority! And in all honesty I feel it should be lower. Someone who has H/A 0/5 should get priority over H/A 20/0 imo

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="NCFCRulz"] but why should someone who has been to 0 games in the last year have the same chance of getting x tickets as someone who has been to 20-25?[/quote]

This is a non argument     Think about it.     If you had been to 0 games this season, why on earth would you choose Peterborough away to be your first match?     Only those who are keen supporters are going to want to go to Peterborough.    As has been said, there was ample time for people to get it together to get a ticket - if they were that keen.  Some will miss out - they always will for away games - we can''t all go to away games.  

[/quote]We could debate it all day, and I respect your opinions, however I reckon that there would almost certainly be at least double figures of people who make this game 1 of the season. What about those who live in P''boro that are just a casual?

I''m in group 2, been at work all day. Tried to ring up at lunchtime but didn''t fancy holding in a queue of 17 on my mobile at God knows how much per minute. Got home and just rang up on the landline, only to be told they''re gone. Gutted. [:''(]I''ve gone on the waiting list but am not expecting much. I can''t see how they can allocate us more as it seems the rest of the ground has already gone on sale to home fans.

At lunchtime there were ''Terrace Only'' tickets available - I assumed if that meant standing only it might be unsafe and impractical for my 7 year-old to see anything, so didn''t buy.

5000 fans is incredible away support though - some lower league teams don''t get anywhere near that for their home games do they?

[quote user="NCFCRulz"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="NCFCRulz"] but why should someone who has been to 0 games in the last year have the same chance of getting x tickets as someone who has been to 20-25?[/quote]This is a non argument     Think about it.     If you had been to 0 games this season, why on earth would you choose Peterborough away to be your first match?     Only those who are keen supporters are going to want to go to Peterborough.    As has been said, there was ample time for people to get it together to get a ticket - if they were that keen.  Some will miss out - they always will for away games - we can''t all go to away games.   [/quote]We could debate it all day, and I respect your opinions, however I reckon that there would almost certainly be at least double figures of people who make this game 1 of the season. What about those who live in P''boro that are just a casual?[/quote]

I don''t think there would be many.     Most local to P''boro casuals would be more likely to be casuals of Peterborough than of Norwich imo.    We could debate it all day, but the decision has been made, we take a great following to Peterborough and will make it a good occasion.   Only those who like to lord it over the rest of us because they see themselves as special will really have an issue with this.    We are all supporters and we all deserve the chance to see our team - and has been said several times - there was time for those who really wanted to get a ticket to get one - season ticket or not.    After all - how many season ticket holders went to the Spurs match - and that was at home? 

There are plenty of tickets on general sale on the Peterborough website. No restriction you can buy as many as you want. Suggest you get in quick though before they realise away fans are buying up large numbers in home areas.

There will not be a further allocation. We already have more than the normal allocation of seats and all other areas of the ground are on general sale to home fans

Those fans who sit in the Lower Barclay or the Snake Pit should be given first priority to all away games so that the maximum noise can be generated by our travelling support. Fans who generally sit in other areas will be happy to watch it on the TV if they miss out on tickets and will add just as much to the atmosphere.

I don''t think that the club give a toot who gets the tickets for the cup-tie.....just as long as they shift ''em! They knew that if they went on general sale they would guarantee that they would be snapped up.....that''s astute marketing.

Although, I do think that they would be an outcry, if they adopted the same policy - if we manage to reach the semi or final of either cups....

Committed and regular away fans should (in my opinion) always have first dibs for away ties or away games, it''s what they rightly deserve....then the 10 away stubbers....then season ticket holders....etc.....

NCFC is a business.......and regardless of how long you''ve supported the club......it don''t matter.....only money matters.....

Mr Mac will never the less, listen attentively, and take on all your disappointed comments and criticisms concerning the ticket policy for the cup-tie....but will no doubt, be cheered by the fact - that we''ve sold out, our allocation.....

[quote user="lake district canary"]I don''t think there would be many.     Most local to P''boro casuals would be more likely to be casuals of Peterborough than of Norwich imo.    We could debate it all day, but the decision has been made, we take a great following to Peterborough and will make it a good occasion.   Only those who like to lord it over the rest of us because they see themselves as special will really have an issue with this.    We are all supporters and we all deserve the chance to see our team - and has been said several times - there was time for those who really wanted to get a ticket to get one - season ticket or not.    After all - how many season ticket holders went to the Spurs match - and that was at home? 

[/quote]But surely away stub holders in particular are '' special '' in that they take the time, trouble and no mean expense to attend away games. They should have been given an opportunity to purchase a ticket for this match by way of a ballot.Your assertion that, " there was time for those who really wanted a ticket to get one " doesn''t really cut it when it turns out there was just a stupidly short eight hour period to stake a claim. People lead busy lives and it''s frankly ridiculous that someone who regularly attends away matches but isn''t an away season ticket holder may have missed out here.That''s wrong.I have less sympathy for home season ticket holders as the vast majority rarely attend away games although they might of course argue that they deserve some recognition for shelling out several hundred pounds each and every year too.

For those flying at 37,000 feet between 9.00 am & 4.00 pm, or busy working, if you were that busy, why didn''t you get a friend to queue or order online on your behalf? As the tickets were on general sale there were no restrictions preventing anyone getting a ticket office if they really wanted one. Sorry if this sounds unsympathetic but all this beating about missing out smacks of disorganisation. Nothing more, nothing less

Home season ticket holders probably spend less than most over the course of a season

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lake district canary"]I don''t think there would be many.     Most local to P''boro casuals would be more likely to be casuals of Peterborough than of Norwich imo.    We could debate it all day, but the decision has been made, we take a great following to Peterborough and will make it a good occasion.   Only those who like to lord it over the rest of us because they see themselves as special will really have an issue with this.    We are all supporters and we all deserve the chance to see our team - and has been said several times - there was time for those who really wanted to get a ticket to get one - season ticket or not.    After all - how many season ticket holders went to the Spurs match - and that was at home? 

[/quote]But surely away stub holders in particular are '' special '' in that they take the time, trouble and no mean expense to attend away games. They should have been given an opportunity to purchase a ticket for this match by way of a ballot.Your assertion that, " there was time for those who really wanted a ticket to get one " doesn''t really cut it when it turns out there was just a stupidly short eight hour period to stake a claim. People lead busy lives and it''s frankly ridiculous that someone who regularly attends away matches but isn''t an away season ticket holder may have missed out here.That''s wrong.I have less sympathy for home season ticket holders as the vast majority rarely attend away games although they might of course argue that they deserve some recognition for shelling out several hundred pounds each and every year too.

[/quote]

Its the same for everyone, i went past the ticket office this morning at 9.00am and there were 2 people queuing for tickets

I went down at 10.30 and waited about half an hour. I could hear from the phone calls that the minimum tickets being purchased were 5 or 6.

I was going to go tomorrow but changed my mind. Glad I did

[quote user="yoda"]Home season ticket holders probably spend less than most over the course of a season[/quote]Most be a typo... For your statement to be true, you would have to find 21,000 non season ticket holders that spend over £400 in a season... good luck!Also, im not moaning as I have tickets and I do not have many gripes with the procedure however to say everyone had a chance as some posters have is ignorant. What if you went on Holiday last Friday until today? Not unreasonable at all and assuming most go on holiday to relax and not check ticket news everyday, anyone that did this would come back to find them sold out!

[quote user="GMF"]For those flying at 37,000 feet between 9.00 am & 4.00 pm, or busy working, if you were that busy, why didn''t you get a friend to queue or order online on your behalf? As the tickets were on general sale there were no restrictions preventing anyone getting a ticket office if they really wanted one. Sorry if this sounds unsympathetic but all this beating about missing out smacks of disorganisation. Nothing more, nothing less[/quote]Not interested in your lack of sympathy, but calling people disorganised is rather flippant. Away tickets aren''t often available online so I didn''t expect them to be today. I wouldn''t ask anyone to call a premium-rate number and hold for however long on my behalf. I did even search and find the old 01603 number online, but it doesn''t work any more. (Am I beginning to sound like Gingerpele yet?) So yes, I must be highly disorganised.Anyway, it appears it''s rather easy to buy through the Posh website, for now... [um]

There would have been real postal problem with a ballot; having to wait for results and then sending 5000+ tickets out over the festive period where the post is notoriously slow. I expect that this was the reason that the game went to general sale.

I can’t get to the game myself and I do feel sympathy for the supporters who didn’t get in quick enough. Let’s hope another batch of tickets are released.

Got 4 online 0930 - no problem. ( All for group 2 ST fans I hasten to add)  Although told by ticket office yesterday there was no need to panic as plenty(5000) tickets. How wrong they were.

Why is it flippant Northluck C? The facts are that both emails from the Club advising that Cup tickets were available from Friday, plus the Ticket Updates on the Club website, made it clear that tickets would be available online.

Whether that''s a first for a Cup away game I don''t know, but I''ve purchased tickets that are on General sale for away league games on several occasions in the past. It''s very easy to set up the Family and Friends option online and purchasing tickets online was easy, no more than 3 minutes this morning.

There really was no excuses for missing out with a bit of organisation. I can''t believe anyone couldn''t organise a friend to do this if they were genuinely unable to buy a ticket themselves!

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Got my ticket (terrace, naturally) so I''m alright Jack BUT I hope McNasty has got his tin hat on because if any season ticket holders who wanted to go and didn''t get a ticket they might feel justifiably agrieved. Why on earth were normal procedures followed is giving a week or so for season ticket holders, the club''s loyalest fans, the opporunity to buy one ticket. Sticking the whole allocation straight to general sale for what was always going to be a very popular away trip because of the short distance if nothing else is a bizarre decision. One with repercussions, I believe.[/quote]

Why should season ticket holders get preference, anyway?    They have a very good deal in getting their tickets cheaper each and every week than us mere mortals   -  who spend probably twice as much following their team each season than season ticket holders do anyway.      If you are fortunate enough to live in or near Norwich and be a season ticket holder, then imo you have all the perks already.  

First come first served - and those who are  bothered enough to get it together to get a ticket should be congratulated - season ticket holder or not. 

[/quote]

Season ticket holders are the back bone of the club...unlucky

Their biggest mistake apart from not enforcing the normal ranking system was to not enforce a strict one ticket per customer number policy. There will be hell to pay... Not for me, I''ve got my ticket anddon''t give a monkey''s chuff. BUT the club will have alienated many "core" supporters again.

Flippant ^ i bet there a thousands of people who come home tonight and find they are sold out! Im sure many would of been planning to buy them on Tuesday expecting plenty to still be available. Just unfortunate for those of us that are unorganised and useless hey!