Sign in to follow this  
JF

Lambert reaction on Tuesday.

Does anyone really care any more? Don''t get me wrong I still look at their results hoping they have lost again but I really feel we have came out on top out of this. The guy was superb for us but on reflection I think he had taken us as far as his style could and under his leadership this season I think we would have really struggled. We now have a manager that has steadied the ship and made us a very solid mid table team with some quality signings. Earlier in the season I wouldn''t have wanted to applaud him but now I may consider a gentle half hearted clap. Time may show that his years here will have been his best managerial ones.

Did a great job for us. Should always be remembered as a man who revived the club at its lowest ebb. But he has moved on and we have moved on now.

I really hope that he gets a decent reception when he comes out of the tunnel, he deserves it for a monumental achievement for the Club. Hughton wouldn''t have had the base to build from without him.

Thereafter, I hope we absolutely batter his Villa side and might even be partial to a tongue in cheek rendition of ''It could have been you'' when we get to the semi-final.

I do think that Hughton has made some brilliant signings, Bassong in particular is probably only here due to previous Hughton connections and then Tettey, Garrido and Snodgrass have been a real step up in quality. Who knows if Lambert might have brought in similar quality - for all we know we would have Benteke and Weimann, but I certainly wouldn''t exchange our position or signings for theirs.

[quote user="87canary"]Hughton > Lambert.[/quote]

I do think we might have won a few of the early games, Reading and Wet Sham come to mind under Lambert. But then we would not have beaten Arsenal or Manure.I think we would be on less points at this stage with Lambert.All in all we are a better rounded team under Chris Hughton and in regards to manager, Hughton most certainly > Lambert.I hope he gets a good reception at Norwich , I for one will applaud him. Although I do hope after battering his aluminium battle ship we remind him what he has lost with a good solid 100% effort " There''s only One Chrissy Hughton"Unfortunatly being a cup game the crowd will be 75 % plastics who dont even know the words to OTBC :( So who knows !Cup games are not very good for the crowd generally.

Will the Villa fans be singing only one Chrissy Hughton.  Apparently not convinced  by the Lambert Way if we had the Villa squad last season I don''t see us surviving.

I was thinking only last night just how little Lambert''s return actually means now.

The 10 game run means Hughton has made club history and taken us to new heights. He is completely part of the furniture.

I hope our fans show the same class as they did at Villa; that is so disarming for Lambert who as our manager was one of the key pillars of our rennaisance.

Villa will relax from their league pressure and as their win at Manc City showed they are capable of winning this game.

But I look at it this way: for the likes of Holt, Hoolahan, Martin and were he fit, Ruddy, this match presents a real chance of a cup semi final and ultimately a final at Wembley; the pinnacle of their careers. I will always believe his dropping for the Leicester FA Cup game upset Holt because that was a real chance to progress too. This match must mean a huge amount to our players who have earned the league points to have the right to have a real tilt at it. I hope we tear Villa apart.

Hughton seems to be doinga far better job than Lambert this season and as a result i think any hostility to lambert has evaporated. I feel the crowd is split on the hero/Villan tag, myself included

Not interested in the slightest, its history.There was a big debate about what would happen when we went to Villa, and we just totally ignored Lambert and sang "Theres only one Chris Hughton"Ignoring him is the way forward here.

[quote user="morty"]Not interested in the slightest, its history.There was a big debate about what would happen when we went to Villa, and we just totally ignored Lambert and sang "Theres only one Chris Hughton"Ignoring him is the way forward here.

[/quote]To be fair morty we didn''t completely ignore him.There was a nice rendition of, " Sacked in the morning " after we equalised......[:D]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"]Not interested in the slightest, its history.There was a big debate about what would happen when we went to Villa, and we just totally ignored Lambert and sang "Theres only one Chris Hughton"Ignoring him is the way forward here.

[/quote]To be fair morty we didn''t completely ignore him.There was a nice rendition of, " Sacked in the morning " after we equalised......[:D][/quote][:D]

Boo Lambert when he comes out the tunnel. Take away the comfy dugout seats, and make him sit on a milking stool. Boo Villa for the whole game. Cheer as we score, and enjoy our progression into the next round. Oh, and for 90minutes chant our support for Chris Hughton, because he has earned it!

I don''t care about Lambert anymore, he knew he''d have a challenge on in the second season and ducked it, if he''d stayed we would be where Villa are now, with more lower  league signings instead of the Bassong type of signings we really needed.

I just want Aston Villa FC to pay us the compensation we''re owed.

When Lambert returns on Tuesday, I for one will applaud him, and if there is a Norwich chrous of "there''s only one Paul Lambert" then I will join in. The man was instrumental in bringing our club back from the brink, and built the foundations from which Chris Hughton has kicked the team on even futher. His tenure coincides with some of the happiest times during my lifetime of supporting NCFC, straight after some of the worst.

However after the whistle goes I really, really hope we rip Villa to shreds, and hopefully will be singing "Paul Lambert, it could have been you" even louder whilst walking home from Carrow Road a happy man.

Talking of the compensation case, didn''t McNally say it wouldnt be sorted until the spring?What irony there would be if for the second season running Villa have to pay compensation to another club for poaching a manager who may take them down into the Championship![:D]

Lambert and Culverhouse did well for us and I no longer bear them any ill will; but I suspect the best thing that has happened to them both in their management career, so far, was walking into the Dressing Room at C Road and seeing Grant Holt sitting there.

I''d like to see him applauded before the game for what he did for us, but ofc during the game there''s gonna be some chants aimed at him which I hope are nothing more than a little banter.

[quote user="Mellberg"]

When Lambert returns on Tuesday, I for one will applaud him, and if there is a Norwich chrous of "there''s only one Paul Lambert" then I will join in. The man was instrumental in bringing our club back from the brink, and built the foundations from which Chris Hughton has kicked the team on even futher. His tenure coincides with some of the happiest times during my lifetime of supporting NCFC, straight after some of the worst.

However after the whistle goes I really, really hope we rip Villa to shreds, and hopefully will be singing "Paul Lambert, it could have been you" even louder whilst walking home from Carrow Road a happy man.

[/quote]Absolutely this!!!To ignore Lambert and treat him as ''any other manager'' is an insult to the history of the club and those fans who enjoyed witnessing the pride and stature he brought back to Carrow Road.If I bumped into Paul Lambert in a pub, I''d buy him a few pints and probably his lunch. And as we talked about those three, I''d nod my head and give the impression that I knew what he was saying.The guy saved us from oblivion. Remember that.I knew Paul Lambert wasn''t going to stay around for the long haul. His track record clearly demonstrated that. So I''m thankful for the time he gave. With Chris Hughton, I feel much more comfortable that we have a manger that understands the game at a deeper level and is here to put a long-term shift in.

[quote user="Man Who Stares At Goats"][quote user="Mellberg"]

[/quote]

Absolutely this!!!

To ignore Lambert and treat him as ''any other manager'' is an insult to the history of the club and those fans who enjoyed witnessing the pride and stature he brought back to Carrow Road.

If I bumped into Paul Lambert in a pub, I''d buy him a few pints and probably his lunch. And as we talked about those three, I''d nod my head and give the impression that I knew what he was saying.

The guy saved us from oblivion. Remember that.

I knew Paul Lambert wasn''t going to stay around for the long haul. His track record clearly demonstrated that. So I''m thankful for the time he gave. With Chris Hughton, I feel much more comfortable that we have a manger that understands the game at a deeper level and is here to put a long-term shift in.

[/quote]

Isnt he suing our football club for £2m??......dont think he''ll need you to do that?

I definitely won''t boo and I definitely won''t applaud Lambert....He''s now the manager of a rival football club.....I thanked him for his contribution when I stayed back and applauded the lap of honour on the final home game of last season.....He''s certainly not getting an encore, we''ve moved on and are doing ok without him....and his assistant''s...

I just want us to stuff Villa.....and send them back to Brum with their winkies between their legs.....I will though, maybe shout ''cheerio'' and wave ''bye bye'' as he disappears down the tunnel....Until we meet again towards the end of the season in the league, and hopefully, put another relegation nail in their coffin.... 

Just ignore him and back the team. We can sing songs about him after the game with a nice win and a trip to the next round.

Just hope people will see it as a chance to celebrate the wonderful place our club is in at the moment. It`s a "bonus" game in a sense, so i hope people will have a few pints, sing Chris Hughtons green yella army loud and long and keep any ribbing of Lambert light-hearted and till the end of the game. If people can`t be happy and positive about their club at the moment, they never will!

[quote user="Mellberg"]

[/quote]Obvious Villa fan is obvious... especially with a user name like "Mellberg"... [:|]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="87canary"]Hughton > Lambert.[/quote]

I do think we might have won a few of the early games, Reading and Wet Sham come to mind under Lambert. But then we would not have beaten Arsenal or Manure.
I think we would be on less points at this stage with Lambert.

All in all we are a better rounded team under Chris Hughton and in regards to manager, Hughton most certainly > Lambert.

I hope he gets a good reception at Norwich , I for one will applaud him. Although I do hope after battering his aluminium battle ship we remind him what he has lost with a good solid 100% effort " There''s only One Chrissy Hughton"
Unfortunatly being a cup game the crowd will be 75 % plastics who dont even know the words to OTBC :( So who knows !
Cup games are not very good for the crowd generally.
[/quote]

Jesus wept some people think they are so superior... anyone who hasn''t got a season ticket or goes to cup games is a plastic ? well its lucky they bothered in the previous rounds or the ground would have been totally empty instead of just half empty... or do season ticket holders and proper fans  stay away so that they don''t have to breath the same air as these untermensch ?

[quote user="gorlestongirl"]Lambert and Culverhouse did well for us and I no longer bear them any ill will; but I suspect the best thing that has happened to them both in their management career, so far, was walking into the Dressing Room at C Road and seeing Grant Holt sitting there.[/quote]

THIS.

I won''t boo and I certainly won''t clap him. I respect his achievements whilst here, probably the best 3 years in my 30 plus years of supporting City.

However, he moved on, his choice, and so have I. Dignified silence will do for me.

I think the other thing to consider is that he''ll get his players wound up expecting a hostile atmosphere, just as he revelled in being the ''villain'' (no pun intended) when we beat Col Who 5-0. Not booing him, indeed treating him to deafening silence flattens his motivation for his players completely.

One Chrissy Hughton is all we need sing, no booing, no applauding, no different from any other opposition manager