Sign in to follow this  
LinkNR9

Delia's upset a lot of people tonight!

She''s been brilliant for our Club, without question, but she''s really upset a lot of people with her half time comments, as well as making herself and the Club look bl**dy silly on the box. People at the ground around me, as well as those walking home afterwards - people who came out on a bitterly cold night to cheer the team on, paying very hard earned money to do so - were not impressed. It''s funny how she didn''t say anything like that BEFORE the supporters broke the 20k barrier for season ticket applications. I''ve now just watched her outburst on the TV - thanks, Delia, for having a go in public at "the best supporters in the world". Ah well, what harm will a bit more embarrassment do us this season.  

Relax man.  What do you want?  Disinterested Jordan, Peace, the Littlewoods clan, prawn sandwich United, Roman Roads.  Passion counts for a lot, whether from pennyless fan or culinary accumulator directors.  She loves the club and is nor afraid to show it, good on her.

I dont mind her having a go, but preferably after the game. Now we will have a reputation as being poor fans. God knows what cliches the tabloids will come out with tomorrow.

I though the atmosphere in the ground was decent before half time. But anyway I can understand how many fans would be upset at the comments because we''re bound to be deflated after a great start only to once again be our own worst enemy.

[quote]I dont mind her having a go, but preferably after the game. Now we will have a reputation as being poor fans. God knows what cliches the tabloids will come out with tomorrow.[/quote]

No, we will have a reputation 4 having a real fan on the board!

I think Delia  was just trying  to be a cheer leader  !   it didn`t  come off too well   , but , heck , if anyones entitled to  slip up now and again its she !!   ........  and what are we supporters  , shrinking violets  ? whinging because  somebody hurt our ickle feelings         

Yep, it was frankly, embarrassing to say the least.    You cant knock her for showing passion though, she''s a supporter through and through and is just as frustrated with it as we are.  But to try and gee us up like that wasn''t required, especially given what Worthington and the players have said about how good the fans have been all season.  It wasn''t warranted.

Still love you though Delia!

She embarassed herself more than anything else. Don''t really see she was having a go but merely trying to stir the crowd into making even more noise. Have to say that our crowd do frustrate me when they go quiet just when they need to get behind the players.

Good on her I say !

OK it was a bit of an embarrasment, but so am I when I shout at the ref on a regular basis. Thankfully nobody is watching me !

Shows she a genuine fan, nice one Delia

The Lady has passion and a huge love of the football club, I watched the game many miles from home with a mix of other supporters and they all think she''s dynamite.
The only thing other supporters actually envy us for at the moment is the fact we have a personality like Delia, she can be outspoken and off the wall at times, but believe me, she''s hugely admired by many football supporters and is seen as a breath of fresh air.
So the message from this part of the World - Delia is dynamite! oh and she''s one of us, which makes her totally footballtastic.

I saw it as a director of the club who is a true fan who thought she could motivate the team in an hour of need - she was willing to try absolutely anything to get three points to save us from relegation.

Slightly cringeworthy yes, slightly insulting yes but 100% passionate ,committed and I have no doubt done with the very best of intentions in mind.

OTBC

CAn''t believe everyones having a go at her.

How much money has she put into the club? How much effort? How much publicity does she get us? How much does she love the club?
SHE HAS NOTHING EVER EVER TO APOLOGISE FOR. EVER.
How did you feel when Huckerby signed? Who do you think did that for you? Who found most of the money? Who was willing to take a chance? Who looked after his wife and family - and ensured that he played the best football of his life here and made him love the club? Who did that? Who created an environment where young players can learn and improve. Where they are treated like adults. An environment that lured the best young centre forward of his generation here. Who do you think did that? Who has transformed Carrow Road into one of the best stadia in the country. Who has taken us from financial basket case to stability. Who has taken a club that was being torn apart by disputes and changed it into one where we are all pulling the same way. Who did that? Who has given up a career as one of the leading TV stars in the country, one of the bestselling authors in the country, to do her all for Norwich City? Who was that? Who supported the fans of this club by boycotting the Everton board? Do you think Sheepshanks or his ilk would do that for their fans ?

Look at it this way. If she was an Ipswich director and she did the same thing down there as she did last night, we would be ripping the pee out the Binners for all its worth. Come on Delia, have a word with yourself!

i don''t think anyone really means to be giving her stick. but it was ill-judged and cringingly embarrasing. but it is yet more proof of her true passion for the club - love of your team often blurs judgement and it did last night?

"have a word" is probably the best advice! has she got any kids? if she did it should be them having that word and keeping her on the straight and narrow!! it was a classic "embarrasing dad/mum" moment, on a par with dad dancing at the school disco!!

The woman was out of order!. She looked a total twonk and embarassed us in front of a national TV audience.

Hell, the team and Nigel are doing that quite well enough on their own thank you!.

I don''t give a damn what she''s done for us, the fans didn''t need or deserve that, I''d make her walk the plank, savvey.

Come on Captain - the "i don''t give a damn what she has done for us" attitude will win you no friends and i don''t believe you mean that. Anyone who loves the club will appreciate that she and her husband ensured it still exists today. No fan can be ungrateful for that, whatever she''s done since.

[quote]Come on Captain - the "i don''t give a damn what she has done for us" attitude will win you no friends and i don''t believe you mean that. Anyone who loves the club will appreciate that she and her husb...[/quote]

When has a pirate ever had friends A1?, yo ho ho!.

Okay, you''re right, I was being harsh, too damn angry after last night, yes?.

However I stand (or sink) by the rest of my post my friend, savvy.

Lets get real here - I missed this live as was in a pub where the picture/sound was off at half time but it was reported on my local radio at 6 am. Without Delias comments it would have been "Man City edged closer to a UEFA cup place owing to a 3-2 win" with it it was "Norwich failed to respond to Delia''s rallying cry"

Football is about passion and publicity - Delia showed her passion for the club and the fans (incidentally the answer was "we''re in the bar") despite "being tired and emotional" - she was tired and emotional last year when she talked about "the icing on the icing" - Who hasn''t said something that they regret later. Delias only problem was that instead of the usual boring analysis at half time Sky decided to broadcast her message to the world live and the world keep repeating it back at her!

I do not think that Delia was saying there was not enough noise (not being there I do not know the volume etc) but more lets have more - perhaps she should have said it to the River End/City Stand rather than the Barclay/Snakepit but thats where the Journo was.

With regard to publicity there''s no such thing as bad publicity - If you cannot back up the club when challenged by anyone today then stuff you! - If we had taken the chances we had and won the game the headlines would have been Delias rallying cry stuns the troops into action and the Man City/Ips**** fans would be on the back foot wishing that their chairman was as passionate.

In the long run it will do us good - look forward to Delia being the next advocate of Jacobs Creek in the future!

Keep it up Delia.

delia i love you but to sat get behind the team what have we been doing over the last 7 months and also season ticket holders renewing they tickets ,what the hell is she doing .i think she was half cut myself.

She certainly embarressed me, but you can see where she''s coming from, even though she did seem to have enjoyed too much executive hospitality.
It''s pretty frustrating sometimes during those uncomfortable silences, not only at Carrow Road but at all grounds.
Ever since we''ve been forced to sit down, it''s taken more effort to start a chant rather than when we were all a mass of anonymous people when it seemed to be non-stop singing.
Maybe we need to be a bit more organized at FCR in order to get at least the River end and South stand singing, because on those rare occasions when the whole ground gets going it really is a something to experience and must do something good for the players too.
Trouble last night though Delia, was that it takes some of your urge to sing away when you''ve just tossed away a rare 2-0 lead.

Defeat is easy to take.. but humiliation on that level.. when you have paid your money to turn up then you are demanded more effort by the majority share holder... why is that Delia?

P.S. for those who will start to have a dig.. feel free.. remember that some pay more attention to details those with green tinted glasses....

Delia loves the club and must be cringing with embarrassment today at all the fuss. Her comments were clearly made in an emotional moment and were an attempt to get the crowd rocking.

She''s given so much to us. Let''s get behind her and give her a big ovation on Saturday and show the world how much Delia means to us.