Sign in to follow this  

Can I just say that I absolutely love the guy. What a legend, a goal and 2 assists today, he just thrives on getting stick from oppo fans. He hasn''t had a glamorous role in recent weeks but he puts in a magnificent shift for the team every week, he''s strong and clever and his contribution to the last 3 years has been immense.

true NCFC legend.

and that''s enough of my bromance...

He is a fantastic player, and has been massive for us over the past 3 1/2 years. Even when he isn''t scoring, he''s pushing the opposition defence about and creating space for Hoolahan and the wingers. Everything about him is great, even the way nearly every opposition fan despises him.

Long live King Holt.

I realised that today. He always plays well against teams when he seems to be put under scrutiny.A bit like Suarez tbh, the more you abuse him, the better he''ll play, as I think we''ve found out. [:$]

According to a few on here he wasn''t going to cut it in the Championship, then the premiership last year and this year he was blatantly happy to sit back and not make an effort now he has his 3 year contract......

Holt is one of the best strikers we''ve ever had, some people on here are the thickest posters we''ve ever had :)

Spot on Ellis[Y]

Worth every penny of whatever he''s being paid and I''m glad he''s on a better contract than last season[;)]

IFLGH

yep, that was a very average pass for the Bassong assist! But seriously, what a brilliant all round performance from Grant Holt and even with some other great performances in the team was worthy of MOM in my book, superb shift and what an example from our captain!!

[quote user="jedi"]He''s a legend but his passing is very average at times![/quote]

Ha Ha.... you have never played football in your life!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also want to mention the work Holt put in when Swansea were trying to sort out their wall for the 4th goal, he started by making sure they were moved back then he joined the wall then he moved out wide and finally he started a run across the wall as the kick was being taken.  

[quote user="zemas tendon"]

[quote user="jedi"]He''s a legend but his passing is very average at times![/quote]

Ha Ha.... you have never played football in your life!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

You can tell that so avarage at passing. Can''t belive he''s scored and created as many chances as he has. Lucky to be a professional ;)

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]I also want to mention the work Holt put in when Swansea were trying to sort out their wall for the 4th goal, he started by making sure they were moved back then he joined the wall then he moved out wide and finally he started a run across the wall as the kick was being taken.  [/quote]

That was classic, Captain Holt. It created the space for Snodgrass to score through, and should count as an assist!

I love what he did just before Snodgrass scored the freekick- he was walking up and down the swansea wall then shouting at them at how much free space they were letting him have.. i guess trying to distract them all.. love it!!

he is a master at winding players up to the point where they foul him (they fall for this every week it seems!)

King Holt.

He''s been immense whilst we have been on this unbeaten run.Although he hasn''t scored many, he''s created space for others to do so. He also seems to have cut out that annoying habit of looking for a free kick all the time when he would have been better to go for the ball. He plays that card less often but more effectively now.

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]Can I just say that I absolutely love the guy. What a legend, a goal and 2 assists today, he just thrives on getting stick from oppo fans. He hasn''t had a glamorous role in recent weeks but he puts in a magnificent shift for the team every week, he''s strong and clever and his contribution to the last 3 years has been immense.

true NCFC legend.

and that''s enough of my bromance...[/quote]Totally agree, he''s a fantastic player. Number one striker in my time watching Norwich.

Haha, yes Zema I have and do play football, now only 5 a side though the old power league on Thursdays before that I played for long Stratton from U /10 until U/16, but the mens football was on Saturday so I made a choice to watch Norwich and play the odd game, now I''m too old so I play power league. Not sure if you''ll accept this as high enough standard to voice my opinion on a message board.

Although the goals have dried up because of the style and system we now play, Holt is still doing an awful lot of good work for the team!

I think had he left the club in the summer we''d of spent a lot of money replacing him on some way over rated show pony and probably wouldn''t of done!

[quote user="jedi"]Haha, yes Zema I have and do play football, now only 5 a side though the old power league on Thursdays before that I played for long Stratton from U /10 until U/16, but the mens football was on Saturday so I made a choice to watch Norwich and play the odd game, now I''m too old so I play power league. Not sure if you''ll accept this as high enough standard to voice my opinion on a message board.[/quote]

You must have been scouted by all the big clubs, and better than Messi, Ronaldo... because they do a stray pass or over hit a ball now and then.... god you must have been sh*t hot in your prime!!!

I''m sorry Zema when did I say I was a good player? But playing ability has no bearing on whether a opinion is correct or not, so what''s your point?? I didn''t say Holt is a shit passer. So I''m at a loss what your problem is against my original post? Or is this how this board works, you''ve got under 200 posts your either ipshit fan or wrong on everything you say!! Great post though your clearly a very clever bloke, hat tip to you sir.

Hes a scary one....given the success and given the nature of the man love.... do you think Holty is on the verge of eclipsing the mighty Hucks ?!?!I do belive Holt has become one of our modern legends, within my lifetime my mind rushes to Dublin, Sutton, Eadie, Gunny, Fleck, Chippy, Roberts, Bellamy.However I really think as it stands #1 Hucks #2 Holt with Holty really closing fast !

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]I also want to mention the work Holt put in when Swansea were trying to sort out their wall for the 4th goal, he started by making sure they were moved back then he joined the wall then he moved out wide and finally he started a run across the wall as the kick was being taken.  [/quote].....and a swans player from the end of the wall went with him leaving the space that Snoddy scored through. must be classified as an assist.[ip]

No one will ever hear my decry the legend that is Hucks, but IMO Holt has achieved far more for the Club. Hucks made a huge contribution to our promotion under Worthy of course, but Holt has 2 promotions and coming toward 2 PL survival campaigns. Holt has also scored more goals and he helps the shape of the team, whereas with Hucks we really had to fit the team around him and that undoubtedly prevented us from having defensive stability during his time with us.

Two absolute legends of course, but for me Holt has achieved more, with less natural ability than the jet-heeled one.

Hucks = most exciting player ever to wear the Green and Yellow. Properly loved the club too.

Holt = has been integral to everything we have achieved over the last 3 and a half years. 3 POTS awards and the clincher.....a hat trick against Ipswich.

I can''t believe the old Holt doubters were in force earlier this year (again). People haven''t yet learned (after 4 seasons!!) that Holt is a bit of slow starter and it is only around November that he really hits his straps. He might not make 4 in a row for the POTS as he looks to have very strong competition from the likes of Bassong & Tettey although I guess this time last year we talking about Pilks, Morison or Johnson as likely winners....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Fast becoming my favourite striker of all time, In fact he may already be that.

[/quote]

Ted McDougall. Legend