Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Dear deirdre....

[quote user="Miss Jane Marple"]My dear nutty nigel, is your ''friend'' a euphamism? [/quote]

Nooooo...

He''s not very musical at all!

It is the Sylistics after all....

If it were me I''d be getting bad vibes about a concert that starts at the ridiculous time of 5.45pm on a Sunday afternoon - I mean, what sort of time for a concert is that.Not that I''d want to see the Stylistics, or what''s left of them, trying to top up their pension fund by doing songs that I never really liked 30 years ago anyway.So for me it''d be no contest

A decent woman would understand and suggest her fella goes to the footy, offering to go to the concert herself and keeping his seat warm for the last 20 minutes. A decent bloke would accept, but leave the footy at half time as a nice surprise to the missus so they can both watch the second half in Delanys then go straight into the concert. He''d also definitely get laid later.

[quote user="Jonzey"]A decent woman would understand and suggest her fella goes to the footy, offering to go to the concert herself and keeping his seat warm for the last 20 minutes. A decent bloke would accept, but leave the footy at half time as a nice surprise to the missus so they can both watch the second half in Delanys then go straight into the concert. He''d also definitely get laid later.[/quote]

I thought what you''ve said there makes real sense Jonzey. Until I got to the last sentence....................

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I think my friend is still torn........[/quote]

I fear he may be torn apart if he goes to the footie.........

If he''s not in The Nelson after having watched the match I will be tabling a motion to The (imaginary) Inner Circle committee to rescind his membership.

[quote user="morty"]If he''s not in The Nelson after having watched the match I will be tabling a motion to The (imaginary) Inner Circle committee to rescind his membership.[/quote]
I think he would certainly have to reconsider his position as chairman of the Pussy Wagon. I mean - how can you young gentlemen take him seriously any more?

[quote user="Kathy "][quote user="morty"]If he''s not in The Nelson after having watched the match I will be tabling a motion to The (imaginary) Inner Circle committee to rescind his membership.[/quote]
I think he would certainly have to reconsider his position as chairman of the Pussy Wagon. I mean - how can you young gentlemen take him seriously any more?
[/quote]We shall table this motion at the same time.Clearly his testicles are now being used as earrings, and he has had his football privileges revoked.Its all sweet sherry and tea dances for him now.

A Purist could never get himself into such a dilemma.

That''s why  City have been doing so well since the adoption of our recommended hardline, professional approach by BowkettMcNallyLambertHughton endorsed by Delia and hubby.

[:D]

OTBC

Your ''friend'' could join the band on stage for a rendition of ''You''ll never get to heaven (if you break my heart)'' - or go to the game.

I feel he will be able to hit the high notes, aided by a rat trap attached to his dangly trouser parts. [:O]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

Well, exactly.  After all, half the dilemma involved going to Carrow Road.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]A Purist could never get himself into such a dilemma.[/quote]I think you''re right Bly. What self respecting woman would want to be married to that motley collection of half-wits?The possibility of them having wives is unlikely in the extreme.....

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

Well, exactly.  After all, half the dilemma involved going to Carrow Road.

[/quote]

Perhaps all the purists will actually be at St Andrews Hall. There''s only one of them ever goes to Carrow Road and I understand that he sells his ticket when we''re on the telly[:O]

Well, after all that how did it pan out?

I''d wager that he missed that match of two halves in order to be with his better half.

OTBC

Managed to get to Carrow Road and St Andrews Hall.There was due to be a warm up group before the Stylistics called The Purists but like with the football they failed to show up.[;)]

Hope all the advice helped buddy [Y]

Now perhaps we can have the same effort in helping the Purists get to Carrow Road occasionally. It must upset them watching on TV seeing the cook and her cohorts having such a great time.[;)]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Well, after all that how did it pan out?

I''d wager that he missed that match of two halves in order to be with his better half.

OTBC

[/quote]

Now why would i miss the game to be with ''er indoors when she works at Carrow Road ?

Yes, but he wasn''t too impressed with the advice last time, especially from Aunt Marge so hopefully we will get some better advice this time instead (and simpson). My friend is getting on in years and has been known to put the bins out on the wrong days and sometimes mistake St Andrews Hall for Carrow Road. But today was a little more worrying because he ventured out in these arctic conditions wearing odd shoes. Is there a kind way to help a friend embrace senility[:^)]