Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Dear deirdre....

I''m writing for some advice on behalf of a good friend of mine. He is an avid Canaries fan both home and away. But this weekend he finds himself in a quandary. He bought tickets for himself and his wife to go to see The Stylistics at St Andrews Hall. Safely knowing that a Sunday evening couldn''t possibly interfere with his weekend football he thought it would be a nice evening out for them both. But unfortunately SKY TV took a hand and the City game now kicks off at 4pm on Sunday. Then the authorities took a hand and the Stylistic concert now starts earlier with doors opening at 3pm for a 5:45pm start. His alternatives don''t seem to be that great. He could just miss the game and do the concert. Or he could perhaps leave at halftime and be accused of being "a plastic". Or he could watch the whole game and be late for his evening out with his good lady. What would you advise because betcha by golly wow he''ll make the wrong decision?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''m writing for some advice on behalf of a good friend of mine. He is an avid Canaries fan both home and away. But this weekend he finds himself in a quandary. He bought tickets for himself and his wife to go to see The Stylistics at St Andrews Hall. Safely knowing that a Sunday evening couldn''t possibly interfere with his weekend football he thought it would be a nice evening out for them both. But unfortunately SKY TV took a hand and the City game now kicks off at 4pm on Sunday. Then the authorities took a hand and the Stylistic concert now starts earlier with doors opening at 3pm for a 5:45pm start. His alternatives don''t seem to be that great. He could just miss the game and do the concert. Or he could perhaps leave at halftime and be accused of being "a plastic". Or he could watch the whole game and be late for his evening out with his good lady. What would you advise because betcha by golly wow he''ll make the wrong decision?

[/quote]obviously a binner

[/quote]

Go to the concert and listen to radio Norfolk with an ear piece.

Gl

Choices-1. Go to the Stylistics and keep the good lady happy, the brownie points thus gained will give him better chances in the future when there are clashes. Or

2. Go to the match, feel guilty, not enjoy it - even if we win, feel miserable on the way home because you let the wife down,  feel worse when you get home, spend the next two weeks trying to make up for it, have to spend more money finding another concert/outing to go on,  lack of  the proverbial conjugals ......etc. etc. 

I know which I would choose - but then I''m just a plastic, cardboard cut out,  northern exiled, don''t go to enough matches kind of guy so what would I know..........[:S] 

[quote user="lake district canary"]Choices-1. Go to the Stylistics and keep the good lady happy, the brownie points thus gained will give him better chances in the future when there are clashes. Or

2. Go to the match, feel guilty, not enjoy it - even if we win, feel miserable on the way home because you let the wife down,  feel worse when you get home, spend the next two weeks trying to make up for it, have to spend more money finding another concert/outing to go on,  lack of  the proverbial conjugals ......etc. etc. 

I know which I would choose - but then I''m just a plastic, cardboard cut out,  northern exiled, don''t go to enough matches kind of guy so what would I know..........[:S] 

[/quote]

Well that`s true dear but you should avoid getting a complex about it !

I think this is the sort of issue which illustrates the emasculation of men in modern society. Outwardly macho but domestically submissive.Sorry, have to go now, the wife''s calling....

I''m sure my friend will really appreciate all the advice so far and would welcome more. As they say, music is the food of love but is football the food of the soul? I wonder if having a headache could help?

Ask the missus what she really wants and the cry on the inside when she gives the wrong answer. It will be warmer at the gig as well.

Is the good wife also a season ticket holder?

If so both do both miss the first 20-25 mins of the stylistics but see the finale of the gig when all the best songs are played anyway - best of both worlds.

[/quote]

Tell him to subtly suggest to her that to be seen going to see The Stylistics will show off her age rather readily ............watch carefully.....and take it from there.........

Plan B

Friday night and Saturday night pray hard for such heavy snowfall and freezing temperatures at Carrow Road that the match has to be postponed.

OTBC

I''m sure my friend will really appreciate all the advice so far and would welcome more. As they say, music is the food of love but is football the food of the soul? I wonder if having a headache could help?

[/quote]

If music be the food of love, play on

Give me excess of it that, surfeitng,

The appetite may sicken and so die............

Wiil you go hunt my Lord?

What Curio?

The hart..........

There''s a clue in there somewhere, methinks!

OTBC

If this is who I think it is, I am VERY disappointed in him, and will cane him if he pussies out.[:D]

[/quote]

Oh Dear.

I think you should sweet talk the dear lady tell her, You are everything and You make me feel brand new. Ask her if she would mind if Tilly stepped in with the number 12 shirt, I mean they sound right up his alley a bunch of old falsetto singing has beens.

Failure to go to the gig could result in tou singing, Let''s put it all togther in a high pitched voice. I think that could be you trying to sew your testicles back on.

[quote user="Aunt Marge"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Oh Dear.

I think you should sweet talk the dear lady tell her, You are everything and You make me feel brand new. Ask her if she would mind if Tilly stepped in with the number 12 shirt, I mean they sound right up his alley a bunch of old falsetto singing has beens.

Failure to go to the gig could result in you singing, Let''s put it all togther in a high pitched voice. I think that could be you trying to sew your testicles back on.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Does your ''friend'' also have erectile dysfunction?[:^)]

if she had money she''d go wild

superstars right throughout the team

in the yellow and the green

they''d  look so fine

but she''s a lowly tv cook

and her pockets are empty

just got waitrose and a book

but she''s here til she dies

i''ll forgive her everything .... delia ... delia

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I''m writing for some advice on behalf of a good friend of mine. He is an avid Canaries fan both home and away. But this weekend he finds himself in a quandary. He bought tickets for himself and his wife to go to see The Stylistics at St Andrews Hall. Safely knowing that a Sunday evening couldn''t possibly interfere with his weekend football he thought it would be a nice evening out for them both. But unfortunately SKY TV took a hand and the City game now kicks off at 4pm on Sunday. Then the authorities took a hand and the Stylistic concert now starts earlier with doors opening at 3pm for a 5:45pm start. His alternatives don''t seem to be that great. He could just miss the game and do the concert. Or he could perhaps leave at halftime and be accused of being "a plastic". Or he could watch the whole game and be late for his evening out with his good lady. What would you advise because betcha by golly wow he''ll make the wrong decision?[/quote]It can''t be Tilly, his wife always works at the football club when we''re at home! Whoever it is, get him to say he didn''t realise it was at St Andrews Hall so he can''t go because he was one of the 500 and it would bring back too many unhappy memories. [:''(]

Ah! So Tilly''s wife works for the club. I have read this correctly have I? If so that explains many of his posts.

Totally off topic but I am an ex copper but returned to the world of commerce many years ago..... I thank you