Sign in to follow this  
Stig

Kevin Doyle

Would like to see him join Norwich, I think he has enough quality about him to see a Holt partnership or a good option for the bench. He hasn''t really done much for Wolves, but was consistent with his performances for Reading. I''d be willing to give him a go for sure.
Any thoughts?

Forgot to mention, he is well adapted to the lone striker role. I think given the better squad behind him he would do a lot better.

No thanks. Hasn''t hit double figures in 4 seasons, not exactly a spring chicken either and would arguably cost more than someone like Danny Graham who IMO is the better punt.

its a tough call - from the agm we may have just over £4m to spend. For that you are not going to get a proven regular double figures goal scorer

what we have to remember is we succeed as a club by either taking and developing good youngsters (EBennett, pilkington, tettey, johnson, RMartin, Wes) or other clubs less than successful players and getting the best from them by giving them a platform (Holt, ruddy garrido, naughton)

where we bring in more "proven" stars our record is less impressive (Vaughan, whitbread, Jackson, Morison) with perhaps only Bassong truly working for us so far

some players thrive at certain clubs - and if a players record is less that scintillating they may still be the right player for us under CH

i would have wanted him 6 seasons ago, but we don''t need a bench warmer at the mo in my opinion we need a younger striker in his mid 20''s who''s gonna have a good career at norwich.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]its a tough call - from the agm we may have just over £4m to spend. For that you are not going to get a proven regular double figures goal scorer what we have to remember is we succeed as a club by either taking and developing good youngsters (EBennett, pilkington, tettey, johnson, RMartin, Wes) or other clubs less than successful players and getting the best from them by giving them a platform (Holt, ruddy garrido, naughton) where we bring in more "proven" stars our record is less impressive (Vaughan, whitbread, Jackson, Morison) with perhaps only Bassong truly working for us so far some players thrive at certain clubs - and if a players record is less that scintillating they may still be the right player for us under CH[/quote]

I think your understanding of "good youngsters" and "proven stars" may be slightly flawed.

Good player but doesn''t score a lot of goals generally. Better player than Morison but doesn''t carry the threat that Holt does.

Webbo, instead of just telling people they are simple or have flawed ideas, why don''t you give your own opinion?

Most of the posts of yours I can remember recently, even the ones not aimed at me are like the above. What gives you the right to have a dig at various posters without even giving your own opinion?

He looked so off the pace last year when we played Wolves it was shocking. He''s a shadow of the player he was, maybe he can come back to form but it''s a couple of seasons since he''s looked anywhere near decent. Could be that playing for Wolves is making him look crap of course.