Sign in to follow this  
tom cavendish

Wilfried Bony

People have been saying that they would like Norwich to sign a striker version of Tettey.I think Wilfried Bony of Vitesse could be that player. Other clubs have been linked with him but that could just be newspaper talk and agents trying to get his name about because he is thought to want to play in the Premier League.Have a watch of this video right the way through and look at all the different types of great goals that he scores:http://youtu.be/MKWodin3QOkPerhaps someone on here can make NcNally aware of the player?

Who knows which players are in our purchasing budget? We’ve not bought a superstar for ages – and Bony looks awesome to me. He’ll probably end up at Chelsea as the ‘new Drogba’ though?...

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

Who knows which players are in our purchasing budget? We’ve not bought a superstar for ages – and Bony looks awesome to me. He’ll probably end up at Chelsea as the ‘new Drogba’ though?...

[/quote]

Thought I''d read they''re getting the old Drogba back first.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

[/quote]

I thought that Lukaku was the new Drogba???

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Think we may have some difficulty competing with clubs in the Champions League for his signature.[/quote]The word going around was that Wilfried Bony was due to sign for Villa on transfer deadline day but the deal wasn''t completed in time.

Instead of Bony I think we should go for Jozy Altidore who shares alot of the same attributes and ability but in all likelihood would be alot cheaper

Sod the players from the continent for now, there are players with good quality closer to home that we can utilize for now. Our scouting network has only just branched out to further countries so let''s wait until the summer to go for these exotic players.

Look at what Bowkett said at the AGM tonight "if we could get an Alex Tettey equivalent that puts the ball in the net that would be great,”. Perhaps he read what I put in the first post.

Why would he leave Vitesse who are having a decent tilt at the title & likely to be in Europe next season to come here for a relegation battle? Especially when clubs that will be a far more attractive proposition are sniffing round him.

It''s a shame cos he''s been a top striker for a couple seasons now but it''s never gonna happen

[quote user="Lambo"]

Why would he leave Vitesse who are having a decent tilt at the title & likely to be in Europe next season to come here for a relegation battle? Especially when clubs that will be a far more attractive proposition are sniffing round him.

It''s a shame cos he''s been a top striker for a couple seasons now but it''s never gonna happen

[/quote]Why? Money. The Premier League is the richest league and from next season clubs will get more than £70m in TV rights money alone. If NC want a striker version of Tettey then this guy would seem to fit the bill.You would expect other Premier League clubs to be interested in good players but that doesn''t always mean that they make a bid, or that they will out bid Norwich. Other clubs also have to consider the number of foreigners in their squad and the size of the squad. Fortunately Norwich don''t have to worry too much about the home based rule.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Is he the son of Jimmy Boney?[/quote]...no, he''s the great grandson of William "Billy the Kid" Boney. of western fame.

[quote user="splutcho"]Are you his bloody agent or something?[/quote]His agent is Francis Gilbert Kacou who claims that Villa are interested. Wifried Bony only has 1.5 years remaining on his contract.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="splutcho"]Are you his bloody agent or something?[/quote]His agent is Francis Gilbert Kacou who claims that Villa are interested. Wifried Bony only has 1.5 years remaining on his contract.[/quote]

I didn''t hear a no.

[quote user="Renskay"]Instead of Bony I think we should go for Jozy Altidore who shares alot of the same attributes and ability but in all likelihood would be alot cheaper[/quote]I think many will remember his disastrous set of performances when on loan at Hull however...Don''t get me wrong, I think he''s a decent player, but I''m still not convinced he''s good enough at this level, and unless the price was very low then we should not take that sort of gamble...