Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

morison

Morison missed a sitter for Wales, then Scotland straight up other end scoring on break.

Let''s hope he can bag a goal tonight boost his confidence

Should be scoring those to be fair! Pretty entertaining game though!

Bet Scotland are seething at that chalked off goal!

Was the chance with his feet?

If it was, then not a surprise he missed. Bar a couple of great strikes last season, most of his shooting with his feet was terrible. He''d probably be better off if he laid down and headed the ball along the ground...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Was the chance with his feet? If it was, then not a surprise he missed. Bar a couple of great strikes last season, most of his shooting with his feet was terrible. He''d probably be better off if he laid down and headed the ball along the ground...[/quote]

That was how Tony Hately took his penalties apparently.

He missed with his head?

Well, that is shocking.

His confidence has gone hasn''t it?

If we had him at his best last season, and Holt. Then no one would be saying were going down.

[quote user="Number 9"]Broadstairs, I cant get past the lead singer of Spandau Ballet[/quote]

Hateley was no ballerina, believe me. He made GH look like Messi.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Mark Hateley?

[/quote]

No Tony, Mark''s dad. Mark Hateley was a bit more refined and gained a lot of England caps.

I appreciate I am going to be in the minority on this but I still think that Moro can come good this season. Indeed I think he has to because we need someone else to get into double figures this year alongside Holty if we are going to survive this season. For all his good points and endeavour I can''t see Jacko delivering the goals on a regular basis.

Moro has his flaws. There were a number of instances last season like Chelsea away where poor control allowed John Terry to get back and make a saving tackle. Man City away where for some reason he opted to beat Joe Hart with his left foot when he had all the time in the world to use his right foot.

But he brings some fantastic attributes to the table which far outweigh those flaws. He is strong, quick and mobile so for me he is our most complete striker on the books. This gives us a variety of tactical options. He is also capable of some moments of absolute magic. Like the 2 strikes against Blackburn and the one away at Arsenal which were both absolutely wonderful finishes.

I have seen a lot of people on here calling him lazy and uninterested. But I think he actually has a pretty big heart. He frequently caught out players in possession last season. You also have to be made of the right stuff to end up at Bishop Stortford and come roaring back to play top flight football.

Technically, he is awful. But I''ve grown fond of his big lumbering ways and don''t subscribe for a second to the "lazy" criticism often aimed at him.  He is and always has been a battering ram, and so long as he is used solely for that purpose, he will be of use this season.It''s not the retention of Morison that''s the problem anyway, it''s the (much discussed) lack of strikers at the club that''s the real issue.  More strikers, more competition typically means higher performance levels (although not quite that straightforward).