Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Dean Ashton immense last night......

...........according to: Jon Champion & Robbie Earle on Sky last night AND Kevin Keegan - ''as good a performance from a premiership striker as I have seen this season" , AND me, and  I go back to 1958-59!

I''ve said it before - he reminds me so much of Ron Davies. Any of you other veterans out there agree??

Dean is the player that we needed from the start of the this season, before most of the rest of them got shell-shocked and lost confidence.

He seems to have it all except electric pace - but who''s complaining;  he looks an absolute gem.

OTBC.

Totally agree.

Forget the goal, his all-round game was excellent last night.  On that performance seems a bargain at £3m.  He was immense, everything he did last night, he did well.

I dont think the boy will be in any hurry to go. Its obviously part of our strategy to go down with a better team than we went up with and Ashton improves us vastly. And he will improve. Ashton or Beattie or Crouch? Soon we will be saying Ashton or Beattie AND Crouch!

[quote]Totally agree. Forget the goal, his all-round game was excellent last night. On that performance seems a bargain at £3m. He was immense, everything he did last night, he did well.[/quote]

Brilliant performance by young Dean with a great goal too, pity the headlines were stolen from him.

what a lob, i thought he was goign to volley and sky it, both our goals were brilliant. We played very well.... well...... for the first 16 minutes or so....

I certainly agree BBB that Dean Ashton reminds me of the greatest ever Welsh striker to wear a Norwich shirt. How lucky I consider myself to have seen Ron Davies in his prime.

A fantastic all round performance by Ashton and signs that he and Leon could make a great strike partnership. This is what we should be talking about today but sadly we have one page on this thread and ten plus on Mrs Smith!

good point abut Mckenzie. Ashton brought the best out of him. All the usual hard work, but with a cutting edge. The runat the end for the big chance at 2-2 was fantastic.. and deserved a goal.

Deano is absolutely superb and he''s already become my favourite canary, and that''s before the man city game. He has it all and although he''s not the fastest, he''s not exactly slow, plus he makes up for it with his strength at holding off defenders when he has the ball. As for the goal, well... if that doesn''t make goal of the month on MOTD then what will?? thats all i could think about on tuesday and even now. Super Deano is amazing, i''ve already got his poster from the matchday programme on my wall

IF we do go down this season, with him we''ll have a guaranteed top scorer and i''m sure we''ll bounce straight back up.

DEANO!!

DEANO!!

DEANO!!