Sign in to follow this  
anonamoose

EPPP, Norwich future potentials and past players.

It seems like everyone is very excited in Norwich and across the rest of the Premier League about the EPPP. Personally I am not convinced that it will make much difference but hey ho.

It got me thinking however whether we have any potential younger lads on the horizon that would be able to make the jump up to the Premiership (hopefully we''re still there) in a few years. Does anyone watch the under 18''s on a regular basis and have any rising stars? I have heard lots about the Murphy brothers but have they really got a shot at the Prem? Korey Smith is still full of potential but I feel will never be given a proper chance at the big time with us. Adeymei was touted at one point as going to be better than Korey. I thought Declan would get a go at being number 2 this season but we have signed Bunn for some bizzare reason. I would love to see an actualy Norwich lad playing in the first team for a few seasons. I think everyone liked seeing Martin play as a striker for us for the League 1 and Champ.

In spite of what the club is trying to do unless you have a manager that is with the club for a LONG time I feel that there never will be a conveyer belt system that we need. Apart from Man U and Arsenal no clubs really seem to continuously develop young talent from their academies. I thought Shackell could have been a great player for us but one shite manager and he is gone for good. Looking throught the Premier League teams from Sat, most teams have either only one or no players graduated from their youth academy.

I''m all for creating a England/ Premier or CHampionship Under 21''s league (could play midweek or on a friday). To give the players some actual competition with a little less pressure than the prem. College football in the states seems to do a pretty good job of nuturing younger talent.

From what I hear, me thinks that we have a very poor academy compared to other premiership teams. Low budget, average stadium and training facilities and no good players produced for a very long time. I think we will keep excreting crap like Kris Renton, as we have always[:(]

What made Kris Renton crap then?

You don''t seem to be a very well informed poster do you? Still, whatever rocks your boat binboy..

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Was it Renton that had the horrific double fracture and dislocation, otherwise known as an "Eduardo"?

*Not saying he was crap for the record, if I remember correctly he had an exceptional goals record in our academy*

[quote user="Lambo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Was it Renton that had the horrific double fracture and dislocation, otherwise known as an "Eduardo"?

*Not saying he was crap for the record, if I remember correctly he had an exceptional goals record in our academy*

[/quote]

Indeed we shall never know Lambo. But "excreting crap like..." is hardly fair. But the pathetic bin boy is just trolling this forum and the pathetic smudger is trying to make him welcome.

http://www.ex-canaries.co.uk/players/renton.htm

I''m fairly sure our training facilities are quite good. In fact I know they are, i''ve trained there. And i''m also fairly sure players like them, a tour of Colney often seems to be something players talk about in their first club interview.

Our ground, its a ground. What else can you expect? Its not as good as some, but much better than others. And I don''t think it has much to do with youth products developing.

Its about the money spent, the coaches and the facilities. The EPPP thing will probably mean we spend more money on the academy, perhaps get a new coach, I don''t know how many we have already but not as many as some do on Football Manager :P

I''m also a bit sceptical about the whole idea, don''t know how much money we have to invest into it now, but were not realistically doing to see a difference for a while, are we?

The new scheme allows us to produce home grown talent from the whole of the UK and to bring in young foreign talent from around the world. This benefits the team by in future improving the squad by quality and quantity as well as stopping the need to buy multi players each season to improve and grown the squad, which will save us money and also some players can be sold to generate funds and to pay back the investment into the scheme. The whole thing is an investment by the club, so remember things wont magically change over night but hopefully in the future the club can produce good UK players as well as growing foreign talents which later on plays for their birth nation.

[quote user="The acolyte"]Yet again somebody derails one of my comments.
[/quote]

Indeed. Because you came on this board to abuse other posters. The only poster who finds that acceptable is nomark Smith. The pair of you are a blight on this very good messageboard[Y]