Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Kevin Keegan...a pat on the back please everyone.

Has anyone heard Kevin Keegan''s comments to the BBC today about last night''s match?

If you listen to what he says, he talks for nearly 3 mins about how Norwich play so well, how he admires us, Nigel Worthington and the team as a whole. He said he was very impressed with Dean Ashton and that last night, he was as good as ANY OTHER Premiership striker that Man City had come up against this season.

Most managers tend to talk about their own team and how they came back and dominated possesion, but Kevin gave all the credit to Norwich and said his team had won a game they really didn''t deserve.

I think he has a soft spot for us! Thank you Kevin!

To hear the interview, click here...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4279675.stm#

[quote]Has anyone heard Kevin Keegan''s comments to the BBC today about last night''s match? If you listen to what he says, he talks for nearly 3 mins about how Norwich play so well, how he admires us, Nigel ...[/quote]

I heard it too.
Apart from Ashton''s (and MacKenzie''s) performance its about the only good thing about the game.
Good old Kev. He does seem like a decent bloke.

[quote]Agreed, and thanks again Kev for letting us have Hucks on the cheap.[/quote]

Yes ....... lets not forget how keegan ignored the player  who`s goals got them into the prem ! ....... who blew £50 million quid on a " team "  which damn near got relegated last season ... lets not forget  that even THEN he couldn`t bite the bullet   and play Hucks  !! .. falling over his arse to  get shut of  a player who was  becoming  an advertisement for his incompetance  , as  he bought  a stream of failures  ....... our " defence " made them look good on the day .....    take away SWP and the Ski  and Mancity  and ourselves would be neck and neck !    ...........

Make NO mistake ... the last thing keegan wants to see is Hucks making a monkey out of him  by scoring  the goals that beats his team ! ..... Hucks sudden "calf injury "   smacks of  something going on behind the scenes .... this is reinforced by keegans fulsome praise  of our team  ... I , for one ,  am NOT buying it  ! ...   somethings afoot  as Sherlock would say  ..........

I may be wrong but I thought I had heard that Keegans contract was up for renewal soon and he is not going to renew it. If that is true the Ashton rumour that seems to have started is highly unlikely to have any foundation.