Sign in to follow this  
unique

Quick question.......

Of the top twenty midfielders in the Premier League for number of chances created per minutes played, only one club is represented by three players.....

Any guesses as to which club?

If you count Hazard and Mata as midfielders, then there is no way on earth its not Chelsea.

Its probably us, since you''ve posted about it.

who decides what is ''a chance'' ?

just more meaningless gibberish

League position is the ultimate guide to how a club is performing, but I''m sure every club devours the OPTA stats for an insight into other teams and as an up to date guide as to how individual players are performing.

The fact that Pilkington, Hoolahan and Snodgrass can be included in the list of top twenty performing midfielders so far this season on chances created ( and I would assume this to be good goal-scoring opportunities), is cause for considerable optimism, despite Norwich''s current league position.

The fact that, of all Premier League midfielders, only Bale, Lennon and Hazard have had more touches in the penalty area than Snodgrass (who has spent less time on the pitch than the three of them), also suggests that if he could start finding the back of the net, then Snodgrass should prove a valuable asset over the course of the season.

In this case the stats suggest that,as a creative force, on its day, our midfield is equal to or better than most other Premiership teams, so it is far from gloom and doom.

The phrase ''meaningless gibberish'' is best left to describe the tone and content of City1st''s posts.

Please go back to your milk BW''s pussy. Funny that you take the name of somebody who has sadly been hounded from the forums by trolls like yourself and shitty1st. The superiors in question are those who do not believe in the jaded fantasy, that everything is fine and dandy and that hooton "neds moar time". Those who recognise we will be DESTROYED if hooton pushes us further in the mire with his negtative tactics, terrible press dealings and his destruction of the team spririt. Go back to Suffolk you binntard(s), I have supported the club THROUGH THICK AND THIN. Scum. [:@]

"but I''m sure every club devours the OPTA stats for an insight into other teams and as an up to date guide as to how individual players are performing."

er no,

managers are quite capable of watching games and players - as are almost all of us

unsurprisingly as similar sh ite such as astrology, there is no attempt to actually answer any questions, in this case what is ''a chance'' ?

Martin sends over a cross which is going close to the touchline, Holt gas the choice to head towards the goal, head it back across the goal or leave it as another City player behind him wants it to run to him, so ..... has Martin created a chance, has Holt missed, or created a chance ?

This meaningless gibberish beloved of the OP doesn''t show this. That''s why managers, coaches and scouts etc watch games ............ that''s why fans watch games and that''s why such gibberish is ignored by the former.

[quote user="The acolyte"]Indeed timmah. This forum is thick with scum.[/quote]Scuse me old chap. This isn''t WACOE or a Milwall forum. Your language and especially use of ''bintard'' (presumably from ''retard'') is utterly inappropriate.Tone it down old son.

According to OPTA their definition of a chances created is 

"Assists plus Key passes."

Their definition of assist is:

The final pass or pass-cum-shot leading to the recipient of the ball scoring a goal.

And their defintion of a key pass is:

The final pass or pass-cum-shot leading to the recipient of the ball having an attempt at goal without scoring.

Some statistics are hard to apply in football (the above ones for example leave alot open for debate) but statistics are still very helpful for most coaches at the top level. I know for a fact that Man City are big users of OPTA and that West Ham use a similar ProZone system which is quite popular amongst other coaches (Lee Clark is a big fan of it from what I here).
I think statistics are good in football to help back up points being made (i.e. if a team says they''re playing well despite losing, it''s good to see how many shots they''re having, their possession, their passing stats etc.) but when you become too focused on the stats and not enough on the game itself then you just end up spouting a load of nonsense.  

Well done City1st!....as if your first reply wasn''t bad enough, I''ve read your second reply several times and ''inane meaningless gibberish'' doesn''t even start to describe it.....

"I''ve read your second reply several times"

well done, most folk don''t even read them once

but then you do rather strike me as being someone who might have some sort of compulsive disorder

maybe there are also one or two other thing you do several times a day, who knows

For my part I suspect though that football isn''t really your game and you might be better off sticking to one of your other pursuits - or trainspotting, perhaps

there''s a lot of numbers you can collect there