Sign in to follow this  
Mr Wolf

Daniel Ayala and James Vaughan

Indeed he did, Smudger. My mistake. So he was injured from preseason until just before the start of September, where he made his debut against League Two Burton in the cup - losing 4-2 - and has been on the bench ever since September 19.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Does Smudger post anything except misinformation on this board?

Just asking...

[/quote]Where was the misinformation in what I have posted above oh Nutty one?Just asking...

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

What is interesting is that Lambert reportedly paid nearly 2.5m for these two players. Add Bennett from Peterborough to that and you''re looking at 5m if these reported fees are right. That''s a lot of money for players playing for other clubs and sitting on our bench. If this continues there will be a time when these fees paid will be questioned as will Lambert''s ability to walk on water. Time will tell.

[/quote]

Not really, everyone in the land makes errors in judgement on individual players.  What makes a good manager is that they are able to oversee how players work together and what they bring to the team.

You rated all of them players too, so I suppose that we can question your ability to judge a player if these players don''t perform to the peak of their abilities for NCFC in the future?

[/quote]

Apart from the fact that I don''t spout my opinion as fact and use misinformation to play billybigbollox on here. It would be interesting to hear how I rated all of them players though!

And it would be also interesting to hear what you have to back up your claim that you know better than most of the posters on here and many proffessional people earning big bucks within the game.

Back to thread - it seems to me that the decision to loan out Vaughan was made before Hughton''s arrival - it was one less decision for him to make when he had many others facing him.  I would expect if Vaughan gets 25 plus games in he will have scored enough to get Huddersfield into the play-offs raising the fee we may get - if he doesn''t stay fit he will prove we will never get a big pay day for him.  I just don''t see him figuring for us again though - his tweets and other gossip on here hints he never settled (not enough Nando''s for him!).

I think loaning out Ayala is Hughton''s biggest mistake to date (closely followed by the signing of Bunn).  Sure, Ayala regularly had ONE rush of blood to the head in each of his appearances last season, but that was to be expected of a 20 year old.  However most of the time he was a cultured defender who could play the ball out of defence.  Alongside someone like Bassong he would have blossomed.  Just hope we get him back in one piece.  In his absence though we really need to see Ryan Bennett playing more often, we''ve paid enough to at least get an idea of whether he can deliver in competitive play and he has never had a really bad game yet!

This idea of ''giving it his all'' and this applys to Morison as well.

How on earth do you know they aren''t?

What, because they don''t go chasing every lost cause like Holt and Jackson? Maybe they haven''t and thats why they aren''t playing, but I personally they have both tried as much as they could sticking to their strengths and doing what Hughton tells them to do, and they just simply aren''t as good as Holt (and Jackson).

Back to this thread Sheff it''s already been posted that Lambert/Mcnally could have already made the decision to loan out Vaughan thus putting a decent wage back into the pot for new signings. The Jury is out for me with Ayala. Ward looked like Lambert''s first choice centre back last season but the defence was changed around so much we none of us know what might have been. As for Bunn, I think the signing was made to allow Rudd gain experience on loan. There is nothing to be gained for the club or player with him sitting on the bench every week. There''s plenty of time for a loan to happen. It just takes one injury for an opening to be created and a club to come calling.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mr Wolf"]I notice Zak Whitbread - who a lot of us were disspointed to see go - has also been injured again and not really featured for Leicester.[/quote]Incorrect - Zak is fully fit, he is just sat on the bench watching LCFC''s first choice centre back partnership of Wes Morgan and Sean St Ledger play week in week out.[/quote]Thanks for the update on the Leicester team smudger. Just proves you can take the boy out of Leicester, but you can''t take Leicester out of the boy.......[:D]

I have personally never been that sold on Ayala like others on this board seem to be. He was composed on the ball but I felt he was guilty of some very bad errors as well. Such as West Brom away last year where despite being clear favourite for the ball he not only contrived to give away a penalty but arguably could have seen red for what was a very nasty tackle. I think Hughton''s strategy was correct. There are certain areas in the team that you need experience. Centre half is one of those areas. When you sign someone who has played 100 Premier League games you can expect a certain level of performance. Michael Turner has let him down very badly in that regard so far.

I also don''t see what the big fuss about Vaughan being let go of was about. He had scored 9 goals in 30 Championship appearances at Palace. Thats a goal roughly every 3.33 games. His replacement Harry Kane actually scored 8 goals in 23 Championship games for Millwall. At better strike rate of every 2.85 games. When you also through in the fact that Kane had no record of injuries and Vaughan had only played 5 games last season it was understandably why Hughton made that decision. Obviously Kane has subsequently gone on to be injured but Hughton does not have that benefit of hindsight. Based on all the circumstances it was an acceptable enough decision.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Back to this thread Sheff it''s already been posted that Lambert/Mcnally could have already made the decision to loan out Vaughan thus putting a decent wage back into the pot for new signings. The Jury is out for me with Ayala. Ward looked like Lambert''s first choice centre back last season but the defence was changed around so much we none of us know what might have been. As for Bunn, I think the signing was made to allow Rudd gain experience on loan. There is nothing to be gained for the club or player with him sitting on the bench every week. There''s plenty of time for a loan to happen. It just takes one injury for an opening to be created and a club to come calling.

[/quote]

I''m pleased to see that you''re in favour of loans now Nutty[Y]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think I''ve always been in favour of loans ever since Bobby Bell. Especially goalkeepers because only one plays. Joe Corrigan was exciting for a short loan and Fraser Forster for the long term version. But filling a team with loans is not a way to be cleverer than the rest as we found out.

I think you will see Rudd go out when a vacancy appears. We wouldn''t want him to go to sit on someone elses bench.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think I''ve always been in favour of loans ever since Bobby Bell. Especially goalkeepers because only one plays. Joe Corrigan was exciting for a short loan and Fraser Forster for the long term version. But filling a team with loans is not a way to be cleverer than the rest as we found out.

I think you will see Rudd go out when a vacancy appears. We wouldn''t want him to go to sit on someone elses bench.

[/quote]

One very important recent loan for us was Naughton last season.  I wish we had him this season[:(]  Ruddy, Garrido, Naughton, Bassong looks strong on paper.  Who partners Bassong would be the slight headache?  Personally I''d go with Martin. 

One can but dream.  But is it a dream?  Everyman and his dog is saying striker, striker, striker in January.  Would forgetting the striker and getting Naughton be a better bet? [:^)] Naughton might just be one of those missing pieces of the jigsaw.  Whittaker sounds more like a utility man than a very good right back and russ could cover for right back, but he could, as he was last season play centre back.  Personally I wouldn''t contermplate turner, Barnett has looked ok, decentish with Bassong stood next to him and Bennet hasn''t had a sniff.

Whatever we go with we need to get a settled back 4 and not chop and change it every week, injuries permitting. 

I agree ''slim. A settled back four was what was missing last season. I hope Bennett comes good because Martin, Bassong, Bennett, Garrido looks good. (On paper!!!) But Barnett''s done ok with Bassong who looks to be the key.

No I wouldn''t spend that much money on a full back. It''s ok for the top clubs to spend 5m+ on a fullback because they pay 20m+ for a striker. I am a firm believer that the most important players are the goalscorers so they should always be at the top of the budget. We c0cked up before when Grant spent 1m on a ''keeper when we needed a goalscorer.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Lost patience with Martin?

What has he ever done wrong on the pitch?

Scored loads in League One, heavily involved in attacking play in the Championship. Gave a half decent account of himself against Chelsea and Stoke last season (WBA was a poor team performance all round, not his fault). What do people expect of him? He''s not a prolific goal scorer. He''s not overly fast, he''s not a bulldozer like Holt or Moro. His biggest problem is he''s not as gifted as he perhaps needs to be for a player of his kind.

He''s good at holding the ball, he can hold of defenders, is capable of winning the ball in the air (from long balls/GKs) got a decent pass, decent shot. Ok he''s not ''premiership'' quality, but neither is Wilbraham, and he was useful, and Martin can be. As long as you don''t expect him to be a superstar.[/quote]

Martin is not useful. I''ve been one to defend him but his appearances so far (where even a simple 10 yard pass was asking too much) suggest he''s simply not up to it. I would rather have Wilbraham on the pitch than Martin as Wilbraham would more likely cause defenders trouble, if only for his height.

I knew those 2 or 3 miss placed passes in the second half against whoever it was we were playing in the cup would be the only thing Martin was judged on in that game by some people.

He was as good as anyone else (bar Tettey) in the first half of that game. No one was really trying hard, or played that well (again, bar Tettey). And was similar story in the first cup game.

''

Neither of those games were serious, we weren''t playing proper football, weren''t trying very hard and I don''t think we ever were really that bothered about winning.

So if your really judging a player on those two games, well in my opinion thats very odd.

Right, so you''re telling me not to judge Martin on the only games he''s played this season. What should i judge him on then? His performances in League One? They''re hardly relevant now i''m afraid.What i find `very odd` is how you didn''t think the likes of Fox or Tierney were better than Martin in that game. Martin slowed down the few attacking moves we played as he needed an extra touch. When he didnt, he couldn''t find the right pass.As for the games not being `serious` or us `playing proper football` or us `not trying` .... oh dear...

Well we weren''t.

If those cup games were us taking it seriously and trying, then we don''t deserve to be in this league, as we looked average in both games. Fox didn''t really do much, all I saw from him was a number of simple passes. We all know he can do that, he does it well, wasn''t anything particularly exiting from him. Or anyone.

And If your going to judge players on a couple of appearances Tettey must be fantastic. Morison has now forgotten how to play football. Obviously there are reasons for Martin not playing, i''m not saying he''s fantastic and needs to be starting am I? And he didn''t slow down attacks, he kept them moving, i''m almost certain every attack move we had in the first half against Donny went down the left through Martin.

I didn''t hear anyone complain about him in the first half. But as soon as he did a couple things wrong in the second half quite a few people around me started moaning. Typical reaction from fans who see what the want from certain players.

Who kicked out Ayala and Vaughan, our two most promising young players with one of them gaining valuable experience during the last year and the other having a rout during the pre-season? Hooton. A footballing crime not to bring in another strike with some pedigree, when I heard we signed Harry broken legs Kane I felt SICK

[quote user="The acolyte"]Who kicked out Ayala and Vaughan, our two most promising young players with one of them gaining valuable experience during the last year and the other having a rout during the pre-season? Hooton. A footballing crime not to bring in another strike with some pedigree, when I heard we signed Harry broken legs Kane I felt SICK
[/quote]

Are you ok to be here without Smudger?

Mind you I doubt he does you any favours but I''m a little worried you may trip on those apron strings when he''s not hanging on to them...

acolyte. I''m not trying to have a go at you, but why are you having a go at everyone else on here?

You complained when you got a negative response to your first post. But if you really want to convince us your not a troll, stop insulting people in EVERY single post. Its all you''ve done so far. As to calling obvious Norwich fans binners, its just stupid.

Now at the moment, it seems plainly obvious your a troll. And as per normal troll behaviour you are denying that, so if you really aren''t a troll, try a few posts without insulting anyone else.

I ''know'' Nutty on here, he only gets upset/annoyed at posters who are just aggressive and annoying. I''m still surprised he hasn''t had a moan about me yet, perhaps its because i''m his favourite PuP ;)

Now Aco, you came on here looking for a scrap and I''m not one to turn down such an invitation...

It''s quite enjoyable eh?

And people think i''m crazy when I say people want to chase me off. If this is sour grapes about my first and immature post then I have apologised and I will apologise again

Maybe The acolyte, you could ignore Nutty?

Like I could ignore you, but I don''t want to because your very funny. You could join Wiz'' stand up show, I reckon he could have you on first as a warm up act.

If you actually read Master Nuttys posts, he''s very clever with his hounding, perhaps you should just appreciate his skills? And one day, you could be half as clever as he is.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Well we weren''t.

If those cup games were us taking it seriously and trying, then we don''t deserve to be in this league, as we looked average in both games. Fox didn''t really do much, all I saw from him was a number of simple passes. We all know he can do that, he does it well, wasn''t anything particularly exiting from him. Or anyone.

And If your going to judge players on a couple of appearances Tettey must be fantastic. Morison has now forgotten how to play football. Obviously there are reasons for Martin not playing, i''m not saying he''s fantastic and needs to be starting am I? And he didn''t slow down attacks, he kept them moving, i''m almost certain every attack move we had in the first half against Donny went down the left through Martin.

I didn''t hear anyone complain about him in the first half. But as soon as he did a couple things wrong in the second half quite a few people around me started moaning. Typical reaction from fans who see what the want from certain players.[/quote]I don''t think we were taking the game as a big joke, and i''d like to think players like Martin WOULD be trying if they wanted a first team spot. Fox did play consistent passes and always made himself available. Therefore, better than Martin. Most of the moves broke down on the left - and any good one''s were primarily due to Tierney getting forward.We all see the game differently, in this case you see it wrong, i see it right [:D].And no, i wouldn''t say Tettey was fantastic as he was a bit clumsy against Chelsea, clear potential though. Pace is a bonus. Morison hasn''t had enough game time - however he proved himself last season where Martin didn''t.I quite like Martin, i''d love for him to do well but your aimless and pointless defending something which isn''t there is petty and boring. Pretty much like 80% of your other posts. Which means, yes, 20% of them are readable. Just.

Yes i''m wrong and your right. Obviously you are a footballing God and your opinion means more than anything else. Well done.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Yes i''m wrong and your right. Obviously you are a footballing God and your opinion means more than anything else. Well done.[/quote]Finally, you get it.Didn''t take too long really, did it?