Sign in to follow this  
Mr Wolf

Daniel Ayala and James Vaughan

Does anyone know how Ayala is getting on? I''m guessing he''s injured again as he hasn''t really featured for Forest - anything serious? Maybe Hughton knew something we didn''t when he farmed him out on loan somewhat surprisingly.

Any news on Vaughan''s latest injury? Last I heard was that Grayson was desperately trying to reassure fans that his injury woes had not returned to haunt him. Again, the decision to loan him out was questionned by many but if he remains unable to compete for more than a handful of games at a time then I think it will prove to have been the right decision.

I notice Zak Whitbread - who a lot of us were disspointed to see go - has also been injured again and not really featured for Leicester.

Can''t speak about Vaughan much, other than I believe he is on Twitter and occasionally twitting about how much he is enjoying himself.

As for Ayala - he''s doing well. My dad is a Forest fan and seen him play a few times this season. Said he looks pretty composed and measured and has won Man of the Match for 3 games in a row. I watched the Forest v Derby match on telly and he looked good.

I''ve always seen the best in him (albeit in the limited matches he played last season) and hopefully we will have a cracking CB, living up to his potential, coming back to us next season.

[quote user="Canarinator_T1000"]Can''t speak about Vaughan much, other than I believe he is on Twitter and occasionally twitting about how much he is enjoying himself. As for Ayala - he''s doing well. My dad is a Forest fan and seen him play a few times this season. Said he looks pretty composed and measured and has won Man of the Match for 3 games in a row. I watched the Forest v Derby match on telly and he looked good. I''ve always seen the best in him (albeit in the limited matches he played last season) and hopefully we will have a cracking CB, living up to his potential, coming back to us next season.[/quote]

Thanks for the update.  I like Ayala too and was surprised to see him go out on loan as I think he''s a quality CB. Good to hear he is performing well. Would be good alongside Bassong I think as we''d have a bit more composure playing out from the back than with Barnett whose distribution is not the greatest.

I would rather have Ayala rather than Michael Turner any day of the week. What concerns me most about Hughton is that he clearly is clueless when it comes to having an eye for a player!

[quote user="Ting tong the plastics nemesis"]I would rather have Ayala rather than Michael Turner any day of the week. What concerns me most about Hughton is that he clearly is clueless when it comes to having an eye for a player![/quote]

Chris Martin in the squad and Vaughan out is just about as much confirmation as you need !! [:D]

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Ting tong the plastics nemesis"]I would rather have Ayala rather than Michael Turner any day of the week. What concerns me most about Hughton is that he clearly is clueless when it comes to having an eye for a player![/quote]

Chris Martin in the squad and Vaughan out is just about as much confirmation as you need !! [:D]

[/quote]

I agree 100% we are going to hell in a hand cart with this man in charge. We want worthy back we want worthy back

[quote user="Ting tong the plastics nemesis"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

I agree 100% we are going to hell in a hand cart with this man in charge. We want worthy back we want worthy back

[/quote]

I wouldn''t go as far as that !! Hughton = Worthy IMO

That''s good news because Worthy was a good manager - and if he had this current board and financial set-up behind him back in 2005 I reckon we''d have stayed up.

[quote user="hogesar"]That''s good news because Worthy was a good manager - and if he had this current board and financial set-up behind him back in 2005 I reckon we''d have stayed up.[/quote]

I think those that watched games such as QPR and Luton away, as I did, in the season after relegation may have a somewhat different view. He really was kept on far past his sell-buy date. Having said that, to be fair, he accomplished more than Hughton, and on far less resources as the squad Hughton now has is far superior to the one we had at the beginning of our Prem season under Worthy.  

Why would anyone want Ayala and Vaughan ahead of Turner and Martin?

What is the point of having two players who won''t play because they are hardly ever fit?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Why would anyone want Ayala and Vaughan ahead of Turner and Martin? What is the point of having two players who won''t play because they are hardly ever fit?[/quote]

Slightly ironic that, considering that Ayala and Vaughan have played more games than Turner and Martin combined. I''d rather have somebody that has a chance of playing and putting in a good performance than a couple of proven no-hopers in the squad, of which one can''t defend and the other can''t score.   [:D]

[quote user="Mr Wolf"]

Does anyone know how Ayala is getting on? I''m guessing he''s injured again as he hasn''t really featured for Forest - anything serious? Maybe Hughton knew something we didn''t when he farmed him out on loan somewhat surprisingly.

Any news on Vaughan''s latest injury? Last I heard was that Grayson was desperately trying to reassure fans that his injury woes had not returned to haunt him. Again, the decision to loan him out was questionned by many but if he remains unable to compete for more than a handful of games at a time then I think it will prove to have been the right decision.

I notice Zak Whitbread - who a lot of us were disspointed to see go - has also been injured again and not really featured for Leicester.

[/quote]Incorrect - Zak is fully fit, he is just sat on the bench watching LCFC''s first choice centre back partnership of Wes Morgan and Sean St Ledger play week in week out.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Why would anyone want Ayala and Vaughan ahead of Turner and Martin? What is the point of having two players who won''t play because they are hardly ever fit?[/quote]

Slightly ironic that, considering that Ayala and Vaughan have played more games than Turner and Martin combined. I''d rather have somebody that has a chance of playing and putting in a good performance than a couple of proven no-hopers in the squad, of which one can''t defend and the other can''t score.   [:D]

[/quote]

I think you''ll find Martin has a better record than Vaughan.

And Turner is a premiership CB. Ayala has played a handful of premiership games.

Don''t let the facts get in the way of your clearly superior to every football manager and coach ever. You clearly know best.

OK, Gingerpele, we''ll have to agree to differ. IMO Ayala is better than Turner and Vaughan is better than Martin. You agree with Hughton, so your opinion must be right. [:D]

Whitbread was in fact injured from pre season till just after the beginning of September, but since recovering has been on the bench for Leicester.

When has Hughton said Martin or Turner are better?

When have I said they are better?

I said whats the point in having players who aren''t available most of the time. In my opinion Martin was as effective as Wilbraham was in his appearances (which no one complained about) against Stoke and Chelsea.

He clearly (well in my opinion) sent those two players out on loan because they spent a lot of last season out injured. At this moment in time, Martin is still a better footballer than Vaughan, because Vaughan has hardly ever kept his fitness up long enough to get going. If he had a whole season of football I am sure he''d be scoring quite a bit. But he hasn''t. Martin isn''t a goal scorer, something you still seem to be unable to comprehend. And it does not matter if Vaughans ability is higher than Martins, because Vaughan being available for a handful of games means nothing, Martin will be fit most of the season, and will be ready to step in if needed.

Turner has bags of premiership experience. He hasn''t had a good start here, but Ayala didn''t really play that well for us, got booked nearly every game, gave away silly fouls etc. He''s got potential, something that doesn''t really help during a game. Again a season of football for him would do him wonders.

But neither of them are going to get that full season of football. Both already suffering from injures, neither bad, yet, but i''m almost certain both had minor niggles last season that turned out worse.

Whilst I have lost patience with Chris Martin (and I gave him a lot of time to prove himself- as every player should be given plenty of time to prove themselves) and agree that Vaughan would be welcomed back readily, such statements about both Turner and Ayala are pre-mature for different reasons.

Ayala is young, but with bags of potential. Hughton recognises this and has gone to lengths to state that he is still in his long-term plans (and he hasn''t exactly ruled Vaughan out of a return either). If anyone can spot and bring out the potential of a young footballer, it is Chris Hughton. Just look at his record! Ayala will be back and he will be better.

Likewise, its a little harsh- though quite understandable- to judge Turner a waste of space so early. He is proven and highly thought of at Premier League level. Sunderland were reluctant to get rid of him (O''Neil''s sale of him was similar to Lambert''s sale of Nelson) and we got him for a very good price. However, with any player moving to an area or situation unfamiliar to them, there are numerous factors that we don''t know, which have an effect on their game- he could be having difficulty getting used to the area (has he ever lived so far south?), perhaps his wife and children haven''t arrived yet or they don''t like it here. Who knows? The guy looks a little unsettled, that much is certain. He isn''t helped by the fact that he looks worse when compared to Bassong who moved here and seemed to hit the ground running.

Nonetheless, he will get better. He is a good player.

I think Vaughan would still have been out on loan if Lambert was still here. The last thing I remember Lambert saying about Vaughan was “I think his aim has to be to have an injury-free season because this one has been tough for him and he has come back, broke down, come back, broke down and that is difficult.”. That suggested to me that he would loan him out.

Lost patience with Martin?

What has he ever done wrong on the pitch?

Scored loads in League One, heavily involved in attacking play in the Championship. Gave a half decent account of himself against Chelsea and Stoke last season (WBA was a poor team performance all round, not his fault). What do people expect of him? He''s not a prolific goal scorer. He''s not overly fast, he''s not a bulldozer like Holt or Moro. His biggest problem is he''s not as gifted as he perhaps needs to be for a player of his kind.

He''s good at holding the ball, he can hold of defenders, is capable of winning the ball in the air (from long balls/GKs) got a decent pass, decent shot. Ok he''s not ''premiership'' quality, but neither is Wilbraham, and he was useful, and Martin can be. As long as you don''t expect him to be a superstar.

IMO Ayala has a lot of potential but he''s justr not currently robust enough to be a PL centre half. Hopefully this season in the Championship will toughen him up and coupled with his ability on the ball we will have an excellent partner for Bassong long term.

As for Vaughan - there is no questionin his ability but in the days of 25 man squads and huge wages I still think he is a gamble but if he plays 30 odd games for Huddersfield this year then I would say the odds on that gamble shorten.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Whitbread was in fact injured from pre season till just after the beginning of September, but since recovering has been on the bench for Leicester.[/quote]Funny that he played a League Cup game for Leicester in August then.

What is interesting is that Lambert reportedly paid nearly 2.5m for these two players. Add Bennett from Peterborough to that and you''re looking at 5m if these reported fees are right. That''s a lot of money for players playing for other clubs and sitting on our bench. If this continues there will be a time when these fees paid will be questioned as will Lambert''s ability to walk on water. Time will tell.

I thought we paid £2.5 just for Vaughan?

And £800k for Ayala.

And £3+ million for Bennett?

Not that any of us know, the club doesn''t publish transfer fees...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Lost patience with Martin? What has he ever done wrong on the pitch? Scored loads in League One, heavily involved in attacking play in the Championship. Gave a half decent account of himself against Chelsea and Stoke last season (WBA was a poor team performance all round, not his fault). What do people expect of him? He''s not a prolific goal scorer. He''s not overly fast, he''s not a bulldozer like Holt or Moro. His biggest problem is he''s not as gifted as he perhaps needs to be for a player of his kind. He''s good at holding the ball, he can hold of defenders, is capable of winning the ball in the air (from long balls/GKs) got a decent pass, decent shot. Ok he''s not ''premiership'' quality, but neither is Wilbraham, and he was useful, and Martin can be. As long as you don''t expect him to be a superstar.[/quote]

If you''re going to be ironic, add a smiley.  For a moment there you had me going that you were being serious!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I thought we paid £2.5 just for Vaughan? And £800k for Ayala. And £3+ million for Bennett? Not that any of us know, the club doesn''t publish transfer fees...[/quote]

You could be right GP. I reckon we paid more than 2.5m for Bennett because he is their record transfer sale and CMS was 2.5? Ayala''s is quoted as £800,000 uniformly so I am inclined to believe that. Vaughan''s is tricky because we don''t know what was set up. With his injury record I would imagine there were strings attached concerning that. But as you say we don''t know.

I don''t deny that, GP. You are right. I''m also aware that he has been shown no patience from Norwich fans. He has been treated unfairly on a number of different ways.

Nonetheless, the fact remains that this is his big chance to impress and force his way into Hughton''s thinking. Unfortunately, every time he has been given a go so far he has looked lethargic to me.

Now, I''m not some idiot who believes that the best quality of any footballer can only be work-rate. But, in my opinion, he''s had chances and he has given no impression that he wants it. If he doesn''t have the common decency and the guts to step up and give everything when he has the chance, then I don''t see him staying long. A terrible shame.

Like I say, that is just my opinion. If he proves me wrong, I''ll be happy. If he proves me right, I will be very unhappy.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]Whitbread was in fact injured from pre season till just after the beginning of September, but since recovering has been on the bench for Leicester.[/quote]Funny that he played a League Cup game for Leicester in August then.

[/quote]Here you go, Zak''s only full game for Leicester so far http://www.lcfc.com/fixtures-results/match-report/index.aspx?matchid=3549087&pageView=full#anchored it''s hardly the best of starts as a CB fro your new club and not surprising that he has only been used as back up on the bench only since.I think the LCFC youth product Liam Moore also played some early season games alongside Wes Morgan too.Zak did come on for St Ledger as a 63rd minute sub in Leicester''s most recent game though, a 2-0 home win against Bristol City.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

What is interesting is that Lambert reportedly paid nearly 2.5m for these two players. Add Bennett from Peterborough to that and you''re looking at 5m if these reported fees are right. That''s a lot of money for players playing for other clubs and sitting on our bench. If this continues there will be a time when these fees paid will be questioned as will Lambert''s ability to walk on water. Time will tell.

[/quote]Not really, everyone in the land makes errors in judgement on individual players.  What makes a good manager is that they are able to oversee how players work together and what they bring to the team.You rated all of them players too, so I suppose that we can question your ability to judge a player if these players don''t perform to the peak of their abilities for NCFC in the future?

Both have been sent out to prove there fitness, due to their injury problems not there performance. If both can play well and regain fitness and prove they''re not injury prone then they''ll be back in the team in Jan or start of next season we''ll not know yet.