Sign in to follow this  
NWC

match thread?

In my opinion there''s lads in sunday league football that could do the job he does, just as effectively!

Is what the guy just said...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]In my opinion there''s lads in sunday league football that could do the job he does, just as effectively!

Is what the guy just said...[/quote]Get their names, we''ll sign them and sell Morison.

Now he''s said ''Championship at best''.

How on earth can anyone think that? Are they brain dead? Did they miss his 15 goals in a mid table side last season? And his 3 in 8 so far this season?

[quote user="paul moy"]Hughton to stay as long as we keep up performances like this..[/quote]

How football fortunes change like the wind.

ps how did blackpool get on today?

[quote user="moanpig"][quote user="paul moy"]Hughton to stay as long as we keep up performances like this..[/quote]

How football fortunes change like the wind.

ps how did blackpool get on today?[/quote]I know it''s a rhetorical question,a but they lost to a team without a manager and are now 12th in the Championship.Although at least they didn''t concede a goal in injury time to lose the game unlike Bin Central.

It''s just one win though after 8 games. We did it with wingers that up to now he has stubbornly not played so the jury is still out IMO just in case he reverts to form.   

He hasn''t stubbornly not played wingers.

We only have three and Pilks and Bennett have both been injured, and Snodgrass has been ineffective in all bar one appearance.

Have you just decided to ignore the injuries to Pilks and Bennett to have a dig at Hughton?

Pilks, Bennett and certainly not Snoddy are my idea of wingers (remember Jimmy Neighbour or even Gerry Mannion or even Bill Punton.) If that''s today''s game then fair enough, but call them wide men, not wingers. We now have wing backs after all.

Bennett was better defensively than in attack today IMO. Then again it was against Arsenal. 

He''s not been playing wingers with pace from the start of matches since the season started. Snodgrass does not count as a pacy winger and Elliott Bennet and Pilks had barely started a game up to now. Until Bennett and Pilks get regular games the jury is out, but I think they will after this performance.  I hope that Hughton  has learned now by those errors. 

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Pilks, Bennett and certainly not Snoddy are not my idea of wingers (remember Jimmy Neighbour or even Gerry Mannion or even Bill Punton.) If that''s today''s game then fair enough, but call them wide men, not wingers. We now have wing backs after all.

Bennett was better defensively than in attack today IMO. Then again it was against Arsenal. 

[/quote]

Re-post. No edit.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN INJURED. For goodness sake paul, what is wrong with you?[/quote]

Bennett has not been injured for weeks and still didn''t get a start in the Prem until today so lets see what happens. Yes I know Pilks has been injured but has also been fit more recently and available but not selected until today. Simples !!

Bennett started against Chelsea.

Pilks was 50/50 against Newcastle, was on the bench. Didn''t come on probably because of early injury to Bassong in the game.