Sign in to follow this  
NWC

match thread?

there isn''t one so...1-0 Holty - yes!!!great play from tettey!!Arsenal looking ragged at the mo - words in mouth preparing to be eaten!!!

so much much much better with the pacey wide men

although we now also know that apart from not being able to defend, Turner cant score from 6 yards either

Harsh Technika, hes played well, should have hit the target but its good to see one of our CBs getting on those chances.

Great first half!

I think Turner is having a good game, Bassong seem to have a good effect on the defenders he plays with.But I can''t see us not conceding a goal, Arsenal I think looking good in possession and it will be only a matter of time before they''ll score.

Much better, solid defending helped by a rather useless Arsenal :)

Should be 2-0 though...

Pilks really does offer a lot to our team. Hopefully he doesn''t do his usual trick and fade out of the game.

Difficult shot to deal with from Tettey, great response from Holt.

Great pressing all over the pitch. Well disciplined defending. Bradley Johnson getting stuck in, and taking one for the team when Arsenal were on the counter.

Pilkington can actually take corners, why can''t Surman and Snoddy? Turner should have hit that on target, might not have gone straight in but would have caused a lot of problems.

And I don''t like it when we try and do clever things like the quick FK, never works.

But 1-0 up at HT, Arsenal look shaky in defence and at the moment don''t really look like scoring. But they have plenty of quality, players like Carzloa and Gervinho could do something special at any moment. But keep on like we did in the first half and we may just pick up our first win of the season.

Great all round improvement. Come on Norwich!

yeah but to be fair I don''t think hughton has had pilks and benno fit at the same time since the first game IIRC.Poor Mr Turner - he''s had his chance to be a hero, and yet.......I thimnk weve played well, but are riding our luck a bit - arsenal have been pretty crap in the final third so far. We are letting them have too much ball especially as we are tireing in the half. Expect them to make changes - we should stick to what weve got, but need the half time rest so we can continue pressing into the final phase 65mins ish, then make changes then.Wes has had a good game, so too Tettey, bassong and the wingers and captain GH - c''mon city!!!

bit worried about that yellow as the game goes on... don''t need a secondref doing Ok but every now and then I can''t tell what he has given from his hand signals... was convinced he pointed for a city free kick once when it was the other waywould have like to have seen Pilks with that free kick we took quickly

We''re far too good to go down. We have been great every game except Fulham and Liverpool! We''ve just not had any luck so far, hopefully that changes from here on in!

I don''t think were ''letting'' them have the ball to much, I think they are just good enough to have the ball that much.

But we aren''t giving them the time and space on the ball we gave Chelsea.

[quote user="Monty13"]Harsh Technika, hes played well, should have hit the target but its good to see one of our CBs getting on those chances.

Great first half![/quote]i was referring to his amazingly inept previous performances, hes done ok

but he should have scored, hope its not an issue but lets see how important it is at the end

tbh im hoping to be munching humble pie in an hour, credit where its due and all that, be interesting to see how negative hughton is regarding tactics and substitutions after being 1-0 up at half time

Just got to keep this up. Pressing with a high back line, not backing off and using wingers with pace and getting stuck in. All the things I''ve been calling for since day one. 

Looks like our journalist got it wrong re. Wilshire though ;0)

[quote user="Oli"]We''re far too good to go down. We have been great every game except Fulham and Liverpool![/quote]

lol what team have you been watching?

Really pleased with the effort so far but what an effort it is, can this high pressing tempo last much longer I do hope so.

This could be a watershed game for tettey and johnson - if they boss the midfield in the second half we will win this game. It could the partnership of the season!!

Miles better than the Chelsea match, the difference is I''m not worried too much when the opposition has the ball. A bit more composure and clinicality, especially on the break, and we''d be 2 or 3 up by now. Still need to thread the ball through to the penalty area, eg when Russ Martin had Tettley clean through, we need to take risks and have a go in these situations rather than pull the ball back. We should be safe if we can keep this form up.

Yeah, he is class. Always has been.

Missed loads of games for EVerton due to injury.

If Everton still had him, in their current team they''d definitely be top four.

We are wasting possession now. Arsenal not had the ball as much this half, but were not taking advantage.

I haven''t seen a card for dissent in ages.

Thought refs had given up booking players for that. Hucks used to get booked every other game.

bookings, width, pace, no snodgrass out of place, players with right feet on the right, left footers on the left, good passing, strong tackling

did someone else pick the team this week? :O :P

has been like watching a different team so far

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Yeah, he is class. Always has been.

Missed loads of games for EVerton due to injury.

If Everton still had him, in their current team they''d definitely be top four. .[/quote]yeah actually took a pay cut to play for arsenal - dont see that very often in the modern game

hitting panic balls (NOT ED) to noone at the mo - under a bit of pressure - need to keep calm and a foot on the ball

We didn''t take advantage of our little spell in charge of the game.

Arsenal are trying to get back into it, but aren''t hitting top gear yet. We can hold on to this if were careful.