Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

The best 11 (IMO)

Who thinks this would be the best 11 if we were to stay up?

Green

Edworthy  Shackell  Charlton   Drury

Stuart(bentley)   Francis  Holt
                                          Huckerby
          McKenzie   Ashton

Not me. 

If we stay I up I would be very disappointed if we dont sign several new players - Eddy, Holt and Leon should have no place in a second season premier starting 11.

OTBC

[quote]Not me. If we stay I up I would be very disappointed if we dont sign several new players - Eddy, Holt and Leon should have no place in a second season premier starting 11. OTBC[/quote]

No, i meant if we were going to survive relegation. In that the team for the rest of this season to keep us up. Sorry

I would certainly take out Holt.  Eddy has been part of a relegated team 3 times right?   So why is he still part of our defence?  Probably as there are no better options, come back Helveg quick.

For me it would be

Green

Helveg     Shackell    Charlton  Drury

Jonson    Francis     Stuart      Bentley

Ashton       Huckerby

as Bent''s is likely to be out longer then choose from Brennan or McVeigh, but please no Holt.

Shackell proved he is going to be a good player for the future so we might as well heap as much experience on him now, especially playing with helveg.

how about

green

(bypass it)

saffri francis bentley jonson holt stuart

huckerby mckenzie jarvis ashton

defence looks the same anyway

green

edddy shacknell charlton drury

jonson(bentley) saffri francis hucks

ashton jarvis

Holt and Francis were really poor against Man City. Why not try Huckerby as a central midfield player?
Francis scores a lot, but I''m sure Huckerby can score many goals if used in the central midfield.

This is my suggestion:

Green (although he''s been poor recently)
Eddy - Shackell - Charlton - Drury    (I think Fleming is the worst defender in Premier League)
Stuart - Safri - Huckerby - Jonson
Ashton - Leon

When fit, Helveg can replace Jonson. He can play in all positions.

Leon and Ashton were great Monday. But I don''t think Leon can keep playing like that.

I''m really sorry, but we will be relegated (it hurts to write this). Some of our youngsters should also be given chances (Jarvis and Crow).

I''m undecide with the defenc because i''d like to see charlton and shackell there, but i think doherty has done well as has drury at left back recently. Injured players included I''d have:

Green

Helveg    Shackell     Charlton    Drury

Bentley    Francis     Stuart   Huckerby

McKenzie  Ashton

After seeing them vs Man city i think Mckenzie and Ashton can form a great partnership.

I''m with you FV about the central defence, perm 2 from Charlie, Doc, and shacks and after mondays performance I would go with Charlie and Shacks.  How can we stick with Flem when all three playing partners have out-performed him week in week out. 

Allowing for availability I would have the following team for the remaining 10 games 

Green

Helveg  Shacks Charlie  Drury

Bentley Stuart Francis  Jonson

Hux Ashton

With injuries/suspensions hitting the chlesea game Eddy keeps his place for injured Helveg, McVeigh in for the suspended Jonson and Safri pushes stuart wide for Bentleys injury and if not recovered Leon for Hux.

OTBC

that''s a bit of left-footed defence ZLF - but probably wouldn''t cause any more confusion than currently.

I would rather hope we bought someone so we didn''t have to play MJ (I''d rather play Brennan on left-side) but you probably guessed that !

I had not considered the ''footage'' of the defence but is probably no more unbalanced than most defences with 3 right footers?  Otherswise as I have posted elsewhere perhas we should give youth a chance and let Doc and Shacks get on with it?

I am with you on the MJ issue - a replacement is needed (may be not if we get relegated)  but of the current squad of players he is better than the alternatives (Mullers, McVeigh, Henderson?  no thanks)

OTBC

I had not considered the ''footage'' of the defence but is probably no more unbalanced than most defences with 3 right footers?  Otherswise as I have posted elsewhere perhas we should give youth a chance and let Doc and Shacks get on with it?

I am with you on the MJ issue - a replacement is needed (may be not if we get relegated)  but of the current squad of players he is better than the alternatives (Mullers, McVeigh, Henderson?  no thanks)

OTBC

Replacement for Jonson hey???

If we go down we stick with him as i''m sure he''ll do well in the championship, thats IF he wants to stay. If we stay up or even if we go down i would like to see us sign Jason Koumas who i rate very highly. I think he would do well for us in our midfield especially as he can play anywhere across the middle. He is a great passer and can provide the service to our strikers that Jonson can''t. in fact, the only players who seem to be able to in our current squad are Hucks and Bentley. 

''cesc, as I said Jonson may not need replacing if we go down - as with Leon, Eddy Et al he can probably do a very good job; in the prem we need more as an attacking force than we have seen.

As far as the best team to keep us up then Jonson is the bst in that position.

OTBC

We''re shipping goals like they''re going out of fashion so why not try for the old boring 0-0 over the next few games. Shame all the squad aren''t fit but in that vein try this......

GK: Green
LB: Charlton
LCB: Shackell
RCB: Doherty
RB: Edworthy
LM: Brennan
LCM: Safri
RCM: Stuart
RM: Helveg
ST: Ashton
ST: McKenzie/Huckerby/Jonson

With the fullbacks playing in the wide midfield areas as well they have a chance to interchange with the players behind them. With Safri and Stuart in the middle of the park you have two holding midfield players prepared to grind out the defensive work.

Who cares about scoring anyway we only go and concede too many at the other end.