Sign in to follow this  
Ernie

Hughton, Turner, Holt, Clean sheet, Bassong, Tetley, First win

So much crap has recently been posted on here I decided not to bother to respond as in my experience in football things can change very quickly.  Hughton was regarded as our number one choice as manager and very much respected in the game surely that couldnt have all changed overnight, no of course not.  Turner completely rubbished by so many just showed why hes been a premiership player for so long. Holt, well haven''t people learned yet not to be so quick to write him off, 3 in 3 against Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal say no more.  Defensively and tactically spot on with a well deserved clean sheet in fact we looked comfortable.  Bassong and Tetley look like absolutely superb buys by........ oh yeah Hughton.  Now we have got our first win and a monkey off our back against a top four side I see no reason why we cant push on yes its still going to be a tough season but there''s a long way to go with plenty more up''s and down''s but lets all enjoy this excellent win for now.  Cheers 

Ernie, pretty much totally agree, I haven''t posted much really as some of the stuff on here has been ridiculous, I don''t mind constructive criticism or people being worried about our start but posts have gone well beyond that.

Really happy for Turner, he''s been rubbished by many and I hope he now kicks on from this and proves everyone wrong.

Spot on, agree with both, I''ve also been giving this place a distant berth to avoid all the crap and didn''t want to get drawn into the mire that some were inhabiting - i''m all for good open discussion but it really was getting stupid from some quarters.

I''m sure certainly many raised an eyebrow at the news Turner was starting, but he has clearly put work in to put his dodgy start behind him, and did so with a fine display - Bassong was also excellent and let''s hope it is the start of a successful pairing that will flourish. To single out anyone seems unfair as they all put in a great stint, but given how everyone was on Turner''s back, he deserves it.

Good to a man today. Turner gave food for thought with a decent display, should have scored, great foul when viroid spun him too. Johnson and the Tea-Bag protected beautifully, Bassong was a rock and Russ and Garrido showed an assured touch and supported the attackers.

Pilks and Bennett had their moments, Bennett tracked back brilliantly throughout and earned his stripes, Hoolahan was deft and clever as always but also fought hard, and, well, Holt is Holt. Legend.

A lot of people have questioned the heart and desire of us under Hughton but today, they can all F O