Team for Arsenal?

Mine would be...

Ruddy

Martin barnett bassong garrido

Fox Johnson

E.Bennett hoolahan pilkington

Holt

Subs: bunn, r.Bennett, tettey, howson, snodgrass, Morison, Jackson

I agree with that team to be honest. I''m sure many would prefer Tettey to Johnson though.

Think we really need to give Fox a game.

Ruddy

R.Martin Barnett R.Bennett Bassong Garrido

Fox Johnson Tettey Lappin

C.Martin

Because Hughton is SO defensive... 

It is interesting how the ''one up front'' tactic is now more accepted. It was in various selections touted on here before the Liverpool game.

Hughton was widely criticised for this, and by using Holt a lot in that role, after the pre-seasons and the Fulham game by many ( me included.) It now seems to be becoming more accepted amongst us.

I too would prefer Tettey to Johnson, if Fox is to play. The former would seem more of a goal threat to the back of the net from a distance rather than a threat to that old boy drinking his Bovril in the back row of the Barclay that Bradley''s hot-shots seem to be.

If we are two up with 25 minutes to go (well!!) then bring on the dreaded Bradley Johnson.

One up front is ok when defending but when attacking there should be three or four at least getting forward to make the most of the opportunity of possession. Personally, at home I prefer 442 as the emphasis should be on all-out attack with wingers, especially as we have only 3 points out of 21.

[quote user="paul moy"]One up front is ok when defending but when attacking there should be three or four at least getting forward to make the most of the opportunity of possession. Personally, at home I prefer 442 as the emphasis should be on all-out attack with wingers, especially as we have only 3 points out of 21.[/quote]

Me too, but with reservations for when certain teams come here and Arsenal are one of them. Evenso, this does need to be counter-balanced by more attacking intent from midfield (and ''wing backs?'') Hoolahan? Snograss? Surman Bennett/Pilkington. The jury is still out for me. 

4 4 2 or 4 5 1 we still need to get higher up the pitch to give ourselves more options in the final third.

The 4 5 1 against Chelsea was quite defensive due to Bradley Johnson filling in at left mid. I''d like to see Hughton give Snodgrass/Pilkington a go on the left with Benno on the right. This would give us greater options on the attack.

Team I''d like to see:

Ruddy

Martin  Bassong  R. Bennett  Garrido

Fox  Howson

E. Bennett      Hoolahan          Snodgrass

Holt

Ruddy

E. Bennett  Martin  Bassong    Garrido

Bj Tettey

Pilks             Howson          Snodgrass                                             Holt

Ruddy,Rudd, Steer,

Martin,Whittaker,Barnett, Turner, Bassong, Tierney, Garrido

Holt

[quote user="Proper Charlie"]

Ruddy,Rudd, Steer,

Holt

[/quote]

You forgot Bunn, anyhow there''s too much attacking flare there for the Hoots, according to some analysts on here.

and mine would be...

Ruddy

Martin barnett bassong garrido

Fox

E.Bennett hoolahan pilkington

Holt   Jackson 

The new world -                             RuddyWhittaker        Bennett     Bassong     Garrido                          Fox     Tetty        Bennett      Butterfield         Pilkington                           Jackson

How about.....

Ruddy

Martin  Barnett  Bassong  Garrido

Fox    

Bennett       Hoolahan      Pilkington

Holt        Jackson

thinking about it - stick the unused, reserves & youth out, going to get battered either way, might as well rest the first choice and stop the moral getting completely destroyed before villa & stoke

1-4 arsenal

even with the first team out there

Ruddy

Fox  Tettey

Pilks             Hoolahan          Snodgrass                                             Holt

[quote user="Highland Canary"]

Ruddy

Fox  Tettey

Pilks             Hoolahan          Snodgrass                                             Holt

[/quote]

Yawn....winger at right back, right back at centre half...why don''t we start Declan Rudd up front with Lappin too.

Timmah, did you ignore the games last season in which R.Martin played CB, and pretty much always looked better than he did at RB?

[quote user="Proper Charlie"]

Ruddy,Rudd, Steer,

Holt

[/quote]

This is my favourite team ever!

Nope. But did you ignore the fact that we conceded more goals per game when he did play there? He did ok but as I''ve said elsewhere, all it really shows is how much we miss Naughton and if KN was still here, Norfolk Cafu wouldn''t get much of a look in.

If a change at centre half is required then play Bennett.

We conceded goals all season, I really don''t think you can blame any individual player for that.

Different back four nearly every game, lots of injuries in defence, De Laet, Barnett and Ayala making a goal conceding mistakes/poor decisions nearly every game. Martin playing CB for the first time at Norwich. Naughton playing LB, Bennett having to play RB.

The defence was a mess. I really doubt the goals conceded with Martin at CB were that much higher than with him not playing there.

And Naughton wasn''t all that, he was hardly playing at the end of the season... Yes I would have liked him back, but I think Martin is still very much underrated by many Norwich fans, as a RB and seemingly as a CB as well.

Well, it''s all about opinions Pele, I guess ours differ here. I think Kyle Naughton is a far better player than RM. And, I hasten to add, take nothing away from Cafu, he''s as solid as they come and a decent footballer. That''s just my opinion.

I''m still wondering why Ryan Bennett (record signing?) is sat twiddling his thumbs, shouldn''t we be letting him, as a player with huge promise, make the mistakes that the others are making?

[quote user="Timmah"] I''m still wondering why Ryan Bennett (record signing?) is sat twiddling his thumbs, shouldn''t we be letting him, as a player with huge promise, make the mistakes that the others are making?[/quote]

He is a player with some promise, he is definitely not a player with huge promise.