Sign in to follow this  
Dusk1983

Your MOTM?

Can''t argue with the comments but I was really impressed with Elliott Bennett. Great work with Russ and worked so hard with some great defensive work. Should have taken on a shot second half but for me we really missed him when he was out injured.

[quote user="Wiz"]Bradders was my MOM, but I couldn''t argue against anyone tbh.[/quote]

You don''t deserve a say. End of.

Thats a bit mean isn''t it Timmah.

We all know Wiz is very OTT with his opinions from time to time.

But basically, he''s just a Norwich who worries about his team. The old girl who sits behind me spends half the game (every game) moaning, once we were wining a game by 4 or 5 goals and she was still moaning. But she just gets worried that we won''t win. Thats all Wiz is doing to be honest. He''s extreme with his opinions, and he''s annoyed me before, but he''s still a Norwich fan and still deserves an opinion.

Wes for me today, at his best, and if Trappatoni was there and doesn''t start him next game he should be sacked. Bassong, Tettey, Jonno, Holty, well..... Everyone! No poor performances today. Everyone deserves huge credit.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Thats a bit mean isn''t it Timmah.

But basically, he''s just a Norwich who worries about his team. The old girl who sits behind me spends half the game (every game) moaning, once we were wining a game by 4 or 5 goals and she was still moaning. But she just gets worried that we won''t win. Thats all Wiz is doing to be honest. He''s extreme with his opinions, and he''s annoyed me before, but he''s still a Norwich fan and still deserves an opinion.[/quote]Totally agree. Yes, he''s a rambling moron, but he''s OUR rambling moron.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Hoolahan for me, because part way through the second half when he was doing his twisting and turning and those little pirouettes, I actually stopped and thought, fuuck this is Arsenal he''s doing this against, I want to have sex with him[:$][/quote]Blimey nbs, it must have been you who I heard shout out "up the Arse". [:S]

The only starter who hasn''t been mentioned so far on this thread is Garrido.

There now he has.

And all on ''em is about right as Ricardo wrote.

OTBC

I would imagine that all players will get at least a 9 out of 10 from the EDP tomorrow, Bassong was superb, but I felt Wes was a level above that!!

[quote user="Dusk1983"][quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"]Turner for showing he can actually play without messing up.[/quote]I think Bassong to Turner is like Carvalho (or Cahill) to Terry. Bassong has the positional awareness to complement Turner''s grit and commitment.[/quote]I thought Turner was a revelation yesterday but if praising him involves comparing him to John Terry, maybe we should all get back to slating him.MotM?  Hoolahan was everywhere but at his frustrating best - what was that quick free kick, ffs? - and I was hugely impressed with Bassong and Tettey.  Bassong by a rizla paper from Tettey and then everyone else.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Thats a bit mean isn''t it Timmah.

But basically, he''s just a Norwich who worries about his team. [/quote]Or is he a trouble-making knobhead who gets his kicks out of insulting management and directors when things are going badly?

After all the comments that have been made about our manager just for one moment think of his signings in for MOTM yesterday. Bassong, Turner, Tettey.

He realised what was needed and has gone out and improved our squad immensely.

just reading through all the posts it is obvious that it is impossible to get a definitive answer to the MOTM question, so i will say all equally as good as each other-except ruddy, who had the easiest match i can remember a city goalie having for a very long time. this was said with tongue in cheek before i get vitriolic responses.

Definitely Hoolahan for me. Without him in the side we would probably not have won. Collymore chose Tetty BTW.

[quote user="star_manic"]just reading through all the posts it is obvious that it is impossible to get a definitive answer to the MOTM question, so i will say all equally as good as each other-except ruddy, who had the easiest match i can remember a city goalie having for a very long time. this was said with tongue in cheek before i get vitriolic responses.
[/quote]

I think you are pretty much spot on to be honest.Not denigrating our performance,but Arsenal made Ruddy''s life easy yesterday.

Almost impossible to choose, but for me there were four players who really were exceptional ....Bassong, BJ, Holt and Hoolahan, with all of the others being almost exceptional OTBC

Garth Crooks has put both Garrido & Bassong in his team of the week

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20021915

LEFT-BACK - JAVIER GARRIDO, NORWICH

Javier Garrido

An excellent performance from the Norwich full-back. He more than played his part in reducing the Gunners to very few chances - it is not that often that Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger congratulates the defensive performance of the opposition.

Did you know? Helped prevent Arsenal scoring for the first time in six Premier League games.

CENTRE-BACK - SEBASTIEN BASSONG, NORWICH

Sebastien Bassong

The former Spurs defender has not had an easy ride since arriving at Carrow Road. Norwich have already suffered three heavy defeats this season and might have feared another one against Arsenal, but Bassong was instrumental in Norwich keeping a clean sheet. He made some excellent interventions in a fantastic defensive display by the Canaries.

Did you know? Has made more interceptions than any other Norwich player this season (10).

That''s quite a stat for Bassong!!

A whole series of great performances but I thought Johnson was brilliant today. He justseemed to be in the right place so many times winning the ball or making crucial interceptions so many times when I was getting worried!

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"], could have easily gone to Ruddy,
[/quote]

Disagree.

Although it was obviously a great team performance I think Ruddy would have to be the last of the starting 11 to be considered MOTM. Partly because he had very little to do in the way of shot stopping but also partly because he shanked a few kicks quite nervously and parried an Arsenal cross into a very dangerous area.

I''m not saying it was an awful performance from the big man but I don''t think he should ever have been a contender for MOTM.

I guess it''s all down to interpretation but I thought that parry (one in 2nd half) was actually superb, and showed a brilliant presence of mind. Had he not done that giroud was coming in for a tap in (like he did at west ham a few weeks ago when the keeper didn''t come)

Agreed on his distribution though and not just Saturday, I believe he was at fault for ''that'' goal v Liverpool however every bodies favourite whipping boy took the flack.

Overall a proven solid premiership goalkeeper who will one day play for a club in top 4 (my money on Chelsea) we''ve fallen on our feet slightly