Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Inconsistent refereeing yet again!!

thought Lee Probert was awful yesterday with the way he booked Holt for mouthing off but didnt feel that Santos warranted a booking for mouthing off to the linesman shortly afterwards!!! Yet another ref favouring the big team!!!

The Bradley Johnson yellow was prob fair, but why Holt and Wes get yellows for decent or unsportsman like conduct, christ knows what the two hand push in the last 5 on Pilks was worth ?!! Oh yeh, nothing ref got a good eye on that.Heard nothing about the Wes offside yet, think that lino had a worse 90mins than the ref a couple of really late calls on Gervinho who at one point was offside before the player picked up the ball let alone released it !!

I thought, just before the Tettey injury there had been hardly any stoppages, surly only a couple of mins added on. Play couldn''t have stopped more than a couple mins for that, so they pulled at least one minute from nowhere.

But then we did pretty much play only 5 mins, and there was a stoppage in stoppage time, so he could have gone on another 30 seconds or so.

I don''t think they actually do 30 seconds per sub, its a myth.

I remember one game with only 2 mins added on with 6 separate subs.

We were time wasting from abo0ut 65 minutes lol, the 5 minutes added on didn''t come as much of a surprise!

[quote user="baldyboy"]thought Lee Probert was awful yesterday with the way he booked Holt for mouthing off but didnt feel that Santos warranted a booking for mouthing off to the linesman shortly afterwards!!! Yet another ref favouring the big team!!![/quote]Having apologised to Hughton and the team yesterday I''m so glad you still found something to moan about.....[:D]

You set this thread up to detract from the fact you''ve been über negative about this team and our manager. You celebrated with that team you panned yesterday. Never forget those who aren''t cut out to handle the tough times like this guy. Never forget the weaklings that haven''t got what it takes.

only yellow we got that I felt was fair was Turners last-man challenge, where he didn''t get the ball but he HAD to do the challenge IMO and took a good sacrifice in getting the yellow for it.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Depending on what Holt and Santos both said they did/didnt deserve yellow cards!

[/quote]

Were you a banana in the 70''s ?

Been watching the matches today and the refereeing has been pretty awful again. Just general inconsistency in refereeing all around is becoming a bigger joke as each match is played.

Unless you want the game stopped every 30 seconds to look at the numerous video replays available you are bound to get some inconsistency and wrong decisions.

No doubt your comment was made after watching a replay of an incident a few times. Even then there are ocassions when ''pundits'' still have opposing views.

I wonder how many players made more mistakes than Mr Probert yesterday?

I am no referee lover, or of the cash they pick up in local football, but after refereeing a few games myself I realise that it is no different to playing in that sometimes you would have a good game and sometimes a poor game.

The only difference is that if a player makes a mistake, the player is punished and if a referee makes a mistake .........  the player is punished.

Surely the most inconsistent part of the performance of Probert (anyone remember his dreadful performance when Derby were here s out five years ago?) was his big club kowtowing. Ramsey committed half a dozen fouls, some meaty and if he''d been in a yellow shirt would have been lucky to get only a yellow but not even a talking to.

I remember the same thing with Jonny Evans last season

I don''t think I''ve EVER seen Probert have a good game for us, he always appears to be horribly biased against us and gives some truly awful decisions in favour of the opposition.Must be a binner...