Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers Week 10

Tempted by Maritimo in the Portuguese Cup, but decided finally on a trip to Lithuania.Ekranas to win at home aganst Dainava.Ekranas top; Dainava 7th, but there is a big gap between teams such as Ekranas and the rest, including Dainava, who have conceded 12 goals in their last four games.Good luck to all!

Out of interest Purple, do you just go by league tables and form in these obscure leagues? Or do you find more detail, such as injuries, suspensions etc?

I use soccerstats.com (or sometimes BBC if I just want to look at the English leagues) when choosing my selection, they don''t have all the leagues on there, but have form tables etc?

I don''t think I would have the confidence to pick a game in Lithuania for this thread just on some league tables. Would happily put them in my own accumulators, because I never win (apart from my first accy, I picked 12 teams in the 1st round of Europa league qualifiers in 2010, won £83). I''m much better on the horses, I reckon we should have a mini league on the side. Barzalona and George Baker are my lucky jockeys.

Sorry all have been on holiday for a couple of weeks and forgot to leave Nutty any selections. Anyway back to business and a belated well done to Bump.

This week I fancy Fulham to get the better of Villa so that''s my selection...

Fulham v Villa....Home win.

Nutty the 10th is good with me thanks. Oh and a massive best of luck to Kathy this week and all my fellow pups.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]Again sadens me....but cant see past an Arsenal win

Good luck one and all[/quote]Let''s hope we''re wrong mate! [;)]

Keep''em coming PUPs! I will do my final selection sixish if this is OK NN?

My own pick this week is in the Portugese league - Olhananse to be beat the oddly named 10 Dezembro please.

Man Utd to beat Stoke for me, Stoke never quite seem to be as threatening away as they are at the Britannia and Man Utd tend to deliver at home.

Good Luck Kathy and all pickers!

[quote user="Kathy "]

My own pick this week is in the Portugese league - Olhananse to be beat the oddly named 10 Dezembro please.

[/quote]

Sixish is fine Kathy. But I may not be around until later this evening because rumour has it I may be allowed out for a couple of hours[;)] So beware of Anderlecht because I just noticed that this is a Friday night game kicking off at 7pm.

Hi League One for me -  Swindon to beat Scunthorpe. Good luck gang.

They let me down in week one, but they are a better side now.

Liverpool win at home to Reading for me, even if they have only one striker.

Snake

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Kathy "]

[/quote]

Sixish is fine Kathy. But I may not be around until later this evening because rumour has it I may be allowed out for a couple of hours[;)] So beware of Anderlecht because I just noticed that this is a Friday night game kicking off at 7pm.

[/quote]

I''ll leave it longer then and get more picks to choose from [:)]

Scoured the European leagues for ages this week but can''t find a better pick than Mr Chops wonderful, wonderful

pick, looks like a good one,  so I''m with Copenhagen as well.

Good Luck Kathy and all PUPs

MC

Man Utd to beat Stoke for me please

Good Luck Kathy and pups [:)]

Well  I short listed 4 matches and three have been chosen by other pickers and as I have backed them all along with Gillingham to beat Swindon in a quadruple.

So Gillingham to beat Burton will be my selection please

PSV to beat Willem II for me this week.

I''m looking forward to Kathy bringing in another winning line for the Pups. Despite her position on the Pups Canary Challenge League[;)] form is temporary but class is permanent! Best of luck to all you Pups too![:D]

Also, is there some way to see a league table to see how we''re all doing so far?

Thanks.

[quote user="Boyo"]Also, is there some way to see a league table to see how we''re all doing so far? Thanks.[/quote]It''s on last weeks thread further down the page Boyo'', but don''t bump it up as it will be confusing...

Thanks everybody for taking the trouble to come up with your very diverse selections. I''ve had a good look at them all and decided on my final six. Several of you suggested away wins as your naps. I''m not going to use those I''m afraid as I''m always a bit nervous about going for the away team as football can be a funny old game. I''ve also had a good look at the predictions of the hundred percenters which have to be taken seriously.

So after much deliberation:

Real Madrid v Celta Vigo (Ginger, Tilly) home win.

PSV v Willem II Tilburg (Yankee, Bor, Bump, Beau, Statto) home win.

PSG v Reims (Swindon) home win.

FC Copenhagen v Brondby (Chops, Meth) home win.

Olympiakos v FC Xanthi (too nice a place to have a decent footie team) (NYC) home win.

And finally, taking into consideration Nutty''s liking for Brest, Lyon to pummel them.

Fingers crossed and thanks again everyone. Sorry if I havent picked yours.

KB

Good Evening everyone and apologies for lateness. This week my Mear Kat and I will be supporting:

MMMK - Troyes -v- MARSEILLES AWAY WIN

MM - PSV -v- Willem II HOME WIN

Good Luck Kathy and all our PUPs

Nutty, I know that you don''t like too often to bring up the subject of donations which will allow this initiative to continue to be adequately funded, but I hope you don''t mind me raising it asking that you give us all a status. How many weeks into the future are we currently funded and what does that leave us still requiring in terms of number of weeks/amount? It would also be appreciated if you could show the status of current funding broken down between RECEIVED and PLEDGED. Thanks. 

[quote user="Kathy "]

Thanks everybody for taking the trouble to come up with your very diverse selections. I''ve had a good look at them all and decided on my final six. Several of you suggested away wins as your naps. I''m not going to use those I''m afraid as I''m always a bit nervous about going for the away team as football can be a funny old game. I''ve also had a good look at the predictions of the hundred percenters which have to be taken seriously.

So after much deliberation:

Real Madrid v Celta Vigo (Ginger, Tilly) home win.

PSV v Willem II Tilburg (Yankee, Bor, Bump, Beau, Statto) home win.

PSG v Reims (Swindon) home win.

FC Copenhagen v Brondby (Chops, Meth) home win.

Olympiakos v FC Xanthi (too nice a place to have a decent footie team) (NYC) home win.

And finally, taking into consideration Nutty''s liking for Brest, Lyon to pummel them.

Fingers crossed and thanks again everyone. Sorry if I havent picked yours.

KB

[/quote]

Thank you Kathy. I like your strategy and I think you have done a terrific job with these. Back to back wins look very much on the cards. I''ve placed the bet with Bet365 and the potential return is £30.89. Here are the details : -

Bet Details

Date/Time

Stake

Return

Real Madrid @ 1/10
PSV @ 1/12
PSG @ 2/9
Lyon @ 1/3
Olympiakos @ 1/6
FC Copenhagen @ 4/11
6 Folds, 1 bet * £10.00

19/10/2012 22:02:31

Total for this period

We kick off tomorrow in Greece with Olympiakos at 3:15pm followed by PSG at 4pm, Real Madrid at 5pm and PSV at 6:45. Hopefully we will still be in the hunt on Sunday when Lyon kick off at 4pm and then Copenhagen can bring home the bacon in Denmark at 6pm.

Good luck everyone. I hope Brest don''t get on my t*ts and stop us welcoming Kathy into the bosom of our PUPs family in our hall of fame[:S][;)]