Sign in to follow this  
crabbycanary

Fans going to Villa

For those that are going ( and I am going to pre-empt this!) When (if!) things go our way on the day, what original songs will fans have for Paul Lambert, as we all know, as much as we will focus on our own team and Manager, there will be an element attending, who will want to pass their thoughts on LOUDLY.

We heard ''Paul Lambert''s Claret and Blue Army'' back in May. It may come to ''Paul Lambert''s haven''t a clue Army''?

Any others?

Its old news now for me now, I''ll be concentrating on Chris Hughton''s green and yellow army, and hopefully enjoy the smug satisfaction of playing a part in getting a relegation on Mr Lambert''s CV.

[quote user="morty"]Its old news now for me now, I''ll be concentrating on Chris Hughton''s green and yellow army, and hopefully enjoy the smug satisfaction of playing a part in getting a relegation on Mr Lambert''s CV.
[/quote]

Can''t disagree with that Morty, but just as night follows day...........(or is it the other way round :))

[quote user="crabbycanary"]

[quote user="morty"]Its old news now for me now, I''ll be concentrating on Chris Hughton''s green and yellow army, and hopefully enjoy the smug satisfaction of playing a part in getting a relegation on Mr Lambert''s CV.[/quote]

Can''t disagree with that Morty, but just as night follows day...........(or is it the other way round :))

[/quote]I''m not saying I won''t join in with the odd chant though lol.[;)]

When Mike Walker came back to CR with Everton the dismissive chant ''Is this what you left us for?'' was used, I''m hoping it gets an outing on Saturday.

As many as possible "There''s only one Chrissy Hughton"   "Chrissy Hughton''s Green and Yellow Army"  is all we need.   Best way to keep thinks positive for our players is to ignore Lambert all together - until the final whistle.   Then hurl what ever abuse/adulation to him as appropriate................

Ironically Villa fans are less likely to be singing "Paul Lamberts claret & blue army" on Saturday as they did in May. They''re hardly in a position to gloat about it in the position they''re in with the "fine" job he''s currently doing. If we score the first goal, we''ll soon see/hear how pleased they are with their appointment?!?

Cant wait for the game now, if we do well, which expect us to, it will be interesting to see how the Villa fans react. It will be hard not to join a few Lambert chants.

I expect it to be a bit lively ''banter'' wise, what with Hughton being a former blue

I would hope anything directed at Paul Lambert will be in good humour, not hate filled. We had some good ties together and I ww would look right plonkers if chants were overlaced with bitterness

However to Lambert

"You should have gone to West Ham"

to the Villa fans

"You''re going down with Lambert "

I expect the Villa fans to be particularly supportive of PL throughout the match regardless of how the game is going for them, and would love our fans not to mention him at all......that would be class!

If we''re a couple of goals to the good i''d love a rousing rendition of "Lambert! What''s the score?, Lambert Lambert, what''s the score?"

Roll out the Sammy Clingan one if we win or draw "Paul Lambert it could have been you".  Followed up by "there''s only one Chris Hughton" etc

I''ve got a ticket, so I''m looking forward to it. It''ll be the first time I''ve been to Villa Park since 15th April, 1989, so, in an odd way, it''ll be possibly a slightly refective moment for a short while.Anyway, if we get the lead, how about:"Thought you were Burnley !!We could have thought you were BurnleyThought you were Burnley... ""Wanted our HughtonYou really wanted our HughtonWanted our Hughton"[Villa''s target manager before Lambert & McLeash, was, I think, Chris Hughton.]