Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Credit to Turner

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I guess it''s just the differences between people. I reckon if you randomly selected 100 fans from the crowd at Carrow Road on Saturday and randomly selected 100 posters from here who weren''t at Carrow Road you''d get the same percentage of numpties. There would be a "Wiz" or "Smudger" amongst the attendees and a "Ricardo" amongst the stay at homes. That''s just the way of it!

I''m interested to hear that the booing came from the same areas that the maybe coin could have come from. Perhaps the same person is involved in both events?

[/quote]

I''ll have a £100 with you now that if you randomly selected 10,000 fans from the crowd on Saturday that not one of them was Wiz.

[quote user="Timmah"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I guess it''s just the differences between people. I reckon if you randomly selected 100 fans from the crowd at Carrow Road on Saturday and randomly selected 100 posters from here who weren''t at Carrow Road you''d get the same percentage of numpties. There would be a "Wiz" or "Smudger" amongst the attendees and a "Ricardo" amongst the stay at homes. That''s just the way of it!

I''m interested to hear that the booing came from the same areas that the maybe coin could have come from. Perhaps the same person is involved in both events?

[/quote]

I''ll have a £100 with you now that if you randomly selected 10,000 fans from the crowd on Saturday that not one of them was Wiz.

[/quote]

Can I add Smudger and have a win double[:^)]

[/quote]Ahh but where can you find approximately 10 complete idiots together on a Saturday afternoon when NCFC are at home?I hear that they were in their usual place this Saturday.As for the coin, that came from ''E'' block where you sit.  Didn''t you see who it was?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Ahh but where can you find approximately 10 complete idiots together on a Saturday afternoon when NCFC are at home?

I hear that they were in their usual place this Saturday.

As for the coin, that came from ''E'' block where you sit.  Didn''t you see who it was?

[/quote]

I wonder if the police got any tip offs from helpful and concerned citizens?

[quote user="Beauseant"]

I wonder if the police got any tip offs from helpful and concerned citizens?

[/quote]Why would they be concerned about your whereabouts?  Do they offer free personal protection services to idiots?

[quote user="Smudger"]Do they offer free personal protection services to idiots?[/quote]Shame they weren''t around to offer that service when Leeds were in town![:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]Do they offer free personal protection services to idiots?[/quote]Shame they weren''t around to offer that service when Leeds were in town![:D][/quote]If I told you to put your head in my oven would you do it for me?

[/quote]

Ahh but where can you find approximately 10 complete idiots together on a Saturday afternoon when NCFC are at home?

I hear that they were in their usual place this Saturday.

As for the coin, that came from ''E'' block where you sit.  Didn''t you see who it was?

[/quote]

No I didn''t see what was thrown or where it came from. I just saw the referee pick something up. You obviously know more than me on both counts. Yet you were apparently in Braintree. Good eyesight Smudge[8-|]

Now this trip to Braintree. I reckon you were sent on a wild goosechase for a change from the police. Much as it would have been to all our benefits Braintree''s not a tree where you can pick yourself a new brain. So we''re stuck with you and the old one[:''(]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Timmah"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Timmah"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Lambo"]

Disgusted he was booed before KO.

Our fans are morons at times, the second a player has a few bad performances they get booed and slated endlessly (Morro last season being a good example) it helps nobody, yes Turner hasn''t had a brilliant start but he''s played more PL football than most of our squad for a reason, he''s not a bad player, infact I think him and Bassong have all the makings of a good CB pairing.

"Supporters" should support our players when they have a dip in form rather than kill their confidence more than it already probbaly is due to said loss of form.

Rant over.

[/quote]

Totally agree.It came from lower Barclay / snakepit direction. Whoever it was should hang their heads in shame.[/quote]

I''ll second that. Probably the same contingent who''ve had their knives into Hughton since day one. Turner was woeful at Fulham and against Liverpool, but he has good Premier League pedigree. Brave decision by Hoots to go with him, but even braver from the player to turn in a performance like that. Hopefully he''ll kick on from here and the booing idiots will go back to supporting whoever it was they followed before the City bandwagon became fashionable.

[/quote]

What year did the bandwagon become fashionable?

I''m not a booing idiot but I''d be interested to see whether I''m classed as a "Jonny-come-lately" type. How long do you have to have been going before you''re entitled to an opinion.....

/[;)]

Everyone''s entitled to an opinion. Are you suggesting that booing our own players before a match is a democratic right? Genuine question.

I''m delighted to see people joining the fold at any time and idiocy is not directly correlated with longevity, but I think that that type of response was unacceptable. However, that''s just my view...[;)]

[/quote][/quote]

Well, I suppose technically, if you pay your money you are entitled to voice your pleasure/displeasure as you as an individual see fit. There have been occasions where I have dug out other supporters for giving stick to players, normally Holt or Hoolahan in recent years, indeed at Spurs this season I had a full on row with a bloke about Holts contribution in the moments leading up to him laying on the goal.

Booing isn''t the way I would choose to express my feelings but if other people do I guess that''s their prerogative. They don''t annoy me half as much as all the Jarrold/Watling Venables'', Mourinho''s, Ferguson''s and Wenger''s who sit there shouting "SWITCH IT" at any given opportunity or my personal favourite "FORWARDS!!!" normally followed by "KEEP IT ON THE DECK!!" just after we''ve lumped it, you''ve guessed it, forwards.

[/quote]

You''re not somewhere near Block M by any chance? There''s a guy there who screams "SWITCH" at every opportunity, however inappropriate, the best example being a game last season where Leon Barnett was penned by his own corner flag!

[/quote]It''s marvellous isn''t it?  At the last game I went to, I was wedged between a very very fat man who kept shouting "WORK RATE!" with no trace of irony, and a kid who switched on his mp3 player when we went a goal down.

No I didn''t see what was thrown or where it came from. I just saw the referee pick something up. You obviously know more than me on both counts. Yet you were apparently in Braintree. Good eyesight Smudge[8-|]

Now this trip to Braintree. I reckon you were sent on a wild goosechase for a change from the police. Much as it would have been to all our benefits Braintree''s not a tree where you can pick yourself a new brain. So we''re stuck with you and the old one[:''(]

[/quote]Now I quite like that, good work Knobby [Y]You have the mind of a crook.  Such a shame about the body!I wouldn''t say that I knew more than you about this event though as you were in the exact vicinity of where the coin came from and like you say I was in Essex.  I find it strange that nobody in ''E'' block saw where the coin came from and you say it is me that needs theier eyes tested.Now I may have a suspicious mind but that all sounds rather suspect to me.

[/quote]

Now I quite like that, good work Knobby [Y]

You have the mind of a crook.  Such a shame about the body!

I wouldn''t say that I knew more than you about this event though as you were in the exact vicinity of where the coin came from and like you say I was in Essex.  I find it strange that nobody in ''E'' block saw where the coin came from and you say it is me that needs theier eyes tested.

Now I may have a suspicious mind but that all sounds rather suspect to me.

[/quote]

I didn''t say nobody in EBlock saw what it was and where it came from. I said I didn''t. And despite asking on here it appears nobody else did. But yet you, who were miles away, know everything about it.

Now I used to say my Mother-In-Law knew the lot but you definitely put her in the shade.

I didn''t say nobody in EBlock saw what it was and where it came from. I said I didn''t. And despite asking on here it appears nobody else did. But yet you, who were miles away, know everything about it.

Now I used to say my Mother-In-Law knew the lot but you definitely put her in the shade.

[/quote]Didn''t your mother in law like you?  Perhaps it was those odd shirts that you wore?Now perhaps somebody did see where the coin came from, but if I were you then perhaps I would keep hoping that they haven''t.Now what''s for tea.  Is it goose or Lappinitup?

[/quote]

Didn''t your mother in law like you?  Perhaps it was those odd shirts that you wore?

Now perhaps somebody did see where the coin came from, but if I were you then perhaps I would keep hoping that they haven''t.

Now what''s for tea.  Is it goose or Lappinitup?

[/quote]

My mother-in-law reminds me a lot of you only she''s sharper and wouldn''t crap on her own.

I''m sure if you really thought it was me who threw whatever was thrown you''d know the number to report it..

My mother-in-law reminds me a lot of you only she''s sharper and wouldn''t crap on her own.

I''m sure if you really thought it was me who threw whatever was thrown you''d know the number to report it..

[/quote]Harsh.What makes you think that I would expect the police to do anything for me?  The only thing I ever remember the police doing for me is stop their car and offer to turf me out in the countryside and give me a beating when cuffed.  You really think that I would trust these kind of people with anything?Do you have that number?  Something tells me that you might need it one day.

[/quote]

Harsh.

What makes you think that I would expect the police to do anything for me?  The only thing I ever remember the police doing for me is stop their car and offer to turf me out in the countryside and give me a beating when cuffed.  You really think that I would trust these kind of people with anything?

Do you have that number?  Something tells me that you might need it one day.

[/quote]

More words of a coward.

These kind of people still protect you despite your comments. Tarring them all with the same brush is shameful but I have learned to expect nothing else from you

More words of a coward.

These kind of people still protect you despite your comments. Tarring them all with the same brush is shameful but I have learned to expect nothing else from you

[/quote]No police officer has ever protected me from anything.  I have seen lots of corruption from lots of officers though.Perhaps some of us are more in need of protection than others and perhaps I am a nasty person who the general public should be protected from?  It doesn''t change my opinion on the experiences that I have had with the long arm of the law though.Now where has that barking mad friend of yours gone?  I wasn''t serious about him sticking his head in the oven you know?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]Do they offer free personal protection services to idiots?[/quote]

Shame they weren''t around to offer that service when Leeds were in town![:D]
[/quote]

If I told you to put your head in my oven would you do it for me?

[/quote]

MEGA Lol!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I thought Turner played well.

[/quote]

Yes,he did.Pretty solid.Shame the header was badly aimed.

The entire back four played well individually and together. Interestingly three of those four were signed in the summer the other one signed in League One.

Something seems to rub off on whoever plays beside Bassong,first the second coming so to speak of Barnett and now the vastly improved Turner.Maybe a game or two beside Bassong for Ryan Bennett will realise his potential as a Premiership CB.

Whittaker was playing tonight so we should see him sooner rather than later.More defensive options.

Some have put the improvement in Turner not just down to playing beside Bassong but also playing on the right side where he is between Martin and Bassong. If this unit continues to perform as Saturday and indeed improve for playing time, I don''t see the need to move Martin inside.

Bassong, Turner, Bennett, Barnett and Ward not even in the 25,Ayala out on loan and STILL people clamour for a full back at centre half with a winger at right back!!!

Jesus wept. Martin did well at CB last season as COVER. He is still a full back. If Hughton decides that Martin should be first choice centre half I will be both amazed and surprised. Oh, and wrong!!! But I suppose stranger things have happened..

[quote user="Timmah"]Bassong, Turner, Bennett, Barnett and Ward not even in the 25,Ayala out on loan and STILL people clamour for a full back at centre half with a winger at right back!!! Jesus wept. Martin did well at CB last season as COVER. He is still a full back. If Hughton decides that Martin should be first choice centre half I will be both amazed and surprised. Oh, and wrong!!! But I suppose stranger things have happened..[/quote]

People ''clamour'' because RMartin was clearly our best central defender last season.

And he is probably better than all but Bassong in this season''s squad.

The issue really is that we have not had adequate cover at RB so he has been needed there - although I have advocated for the best part of a year now that EBennett has the makings of a fine RB - and we are yet to see Whittaker.

The overarching issue in my mind is that we must settle on the best spine for the team. Nothing is more fundamental and crucial. So from what we have available now my thinking for the spine is:

GK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Ruddy

CB,,,,,,,,,,,,Bassong

CB,,,,,,,,,,,,RMartin

CM,,,,,,,,,Tettey

CM,,,,,,,,,Johnson

CF,,,,,,,,,,Holt

If Turner can really hack it and make the position his own over the next few games then fine, he will have earned his spurs  (so to speak  [;)] No problem.

Barnett has stepped up a bit and Ward provides useful cover. RBennett and Ayala are at the moment for the future in prem terms.

OTBC

Sorry Bly but Ward cannot be used as cover as he is not in the 25 man Premiership squad. Oh do keep up.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Timmah"]Bassong, Turner, Bennett, Barnett and Ward not even in the 25,Ayala out on loan and STILL people clamour for a full back at centre half with a winger at right back!!! Jesus wept. Martin did well at CB last season as COVER. He is still a full back. If Hughton decides that Martin should be first choice centre half I will be both amazed and surprised. Oh, and wrong!!! But I suppose stranger things have happened..[/quote]

People ''clamour'' because RMartin was clearly our best central defender last season.

The issue really is that we have not had adequate cover at RB so he has been needed there - although I have advocated for the best part of a year now that EBennett has the makings of a fine RB - and we are yet to see Whittaker.

The overarching issue in my mind is that we must settle on the best spine for the team. Nothing is more fundamental and crucial. So from what we have available now my thinking for the spine is:

GK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Ruddy

CB,,,,,,,,,,,,Bassong

CB,,,,,,,,,,,,RMartin

CM,,,,,,,,,Tettey

CM,,,,,,,,,Johnson

CF,,,,,,,,,,Holt

If Turner can really hack it and make the position his own over the next few games then fine, he will have earned his spurs  (so to speak  [;)] No problem.

Barnett has stepped up a bit and Ward provides useful cover. RBennett and Ayala are at the moment for the future in prem terms.

OTBC

[/quote]

Russell Martin is nowhere near the best centre half in this years squad, nor was he last year. Keep watching highlights and I''ll go home and away and make my own judgment.

He did ok as cover. That''s it.

Lamberts first choice centre half was......?

Anyone......?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Sorry Bly but Ward cannot be used as cover as he is not in the 25 man Premiership squad. Oh do keep up.[/quote]

He can be brouht back in in January if desired.

Why don''t you discuss the football sometimes - or is it that you don''t really understand it?

OTBC

[quote user="Timmah"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

GK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Ruddy

CB,,,,,,,,,,,,Bassong

CB,,,,,,,,,,,,RMartin

CM,,,,,,,,,Tettey

CM,,,,,,,,,Johnson

CF,,,,,,,,,,Holt

OTBC

[/quote] Russell Martin is nowhere near the best centre half in this years squad, nor was he last year. Keep watching highlights and I''ll go home and away and make my own judgment. He did ok as cover. That''s it. Lamberts first choice centre half was......? Anyone......?[/quote]

''Fraid you''re wrong, I see every match live or slightly delayed. Close ups and replays are a constanrt bonus.

Bet you didn''t even see the way Bassong took care of Oxlade-Chamberlain when he came on.

OTBC

P.S. We also get far better and more comprehensisve live TVcoveage of Olympic Games and World Cup Finals etc than you - and have done so for a long, long time now.

Careful where you''re coming from..........