Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Message from Dani Pacheco

Like others have said I''d prefere to see him here over Chris Martin, nothing personal against Chris but he''s a Championship player at best IMO, capable of coming into the side when needed to do a job but that''s it. Pacheco has the potential to be a good PL player, however his best position is off the strikers, a role that already has Hoolahan, Butterfield and Howson competing for it.

Perhaps Pacheco hasnt been given a chance by 3 Liverpool managers because he simply isn''t good enough for the premiership?

But Jas, haven''t we got a squad with a large number of players who previously weren''t seen as good enough for the Premiership? (albeit they were mostly not at Premiership clubs previously)

Yes, Pacheco is better than some of the players in our squad. But they are not making the bench and, with the quality of player we now have, he would struggle to make the bench.

As Jas said, 3 Liverpool managers have now had a chance to closely evaluate him.

Is that really the type of player, as much as he probably wants to be here, we should now be looking to buy?

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Yes, Pacheco is better than some of the players in our squad. But they are not making the bench and, with the quality of player we now have, he would struggle to make the bench. As Jas said, 3 Liverpool managers have now had a chance to closely evaluate him. Is that really the type of player, as much as he probably wants to be here, we should now be looking to buy?[/quote]

As I said in the beginning - if Hughton thinks he can make a premiership player out of him - then yes.

Lambert fancied him, so if Hughton fancied him too that would be a good basis for taking a modest punt on him.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Yes, Pacheco is better than some of the players in our squad. But they are not making the bench and, with the quality of player we now have, he would struggle to make the bench. As Jas said, 3 Liverpool managers have now had a chance to closely evaluate him. Is that really the type of player, as much as he probably wants to be here, we should now be looking to buy?[/quote]

As I said in the beginning - if Hughton thinks he can make a premiership player out of him - then yes.

Lambert fancied him, so if Hughton fancied him too that would be a good basis for taking a modest punt on him.

OTBC

[/quote]Lambert didn''t fancy him enough to buy him though....

[quote user="The acolyte"]Get rid of Harry broken legs Kane and Chris drunkard Martin and bring pachecho. We need some players who WANT to be here.
[/quote]

How do you know this?[:^)]

When Raheem Stirling and Jonjo Shelvey are keeping you out of the team, not to mention the rest of the shower of sh*te that is Liverpool FC, and when you''ve been in the reserves under many different managers, I think it''s time to find a new club.I''m not convinced Pacheco is that good and would rather we bought a striker.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]When Raheem Stirling and Jonjo Shelvey are keeping you out of the team[/quote]I''ll stop you there Chops, Stirling is a classic winger and Shelvey is a central midfielder, neither of them play upfront or behind a front striker, so in no way are they keeping Pacheco out of the team, the one who''s doing that is Suarez!I''d argue that Pacheco wouldn''t cost a particularly big fee (I''m guessing approx 750k tbh), and whilst we already have Wes and JB who can play the ''hole'' role, I wonder how much long Wes has with us and Pacheco and JB would represent our future in that position.I also firmly believe that he''s one of those players that helps massively in the dressing room even if they don''t play regularly, just like Crichton did many years ago. Never really played but was apparently great for morale, and that''s a boost that can''t be underestimated in value either.

Hoolahan will run out of legs within the next 3-4 years, Pacheco, in my eyes, could be moulded into a perfect replacement