Sign in to follow this  
Graham Paddons Beard

Highest paid director at NCFC

[quote user="Timmah"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Highland Canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Thank you Highland. Now could you point me to where I can find Hughton''s compensation to Brum because it''s not in note 29 Contingent liabilities.

[/quote]

Nutty - Hughton was appointed in June so any compensation would relate to the next accounting period. It probably won''t be separately disclosed as Hughton is not a director. I guess we''ll have to wait and see next year. I accept the point that we might have expected this to be disclosed as a post-balance sheet event. I wonder if the distinction is that the disclosures made represent the transfer of players registrations which are capitalised as intangible assets in the balance sheet. I suspect that football managers even on 3 year contracts are not treated in the same way?

As regards Lambert he resigned during this accounting period and the claim/counter claim relate to last season when he was employed by the club - hence the contingent asset note.

[/quote]

As a bog cleaning bingo caller I know I''m out of my depth in this exalted company but I''m sure I remember that the cost of terminating Gunny''s contract (£100,000) was included in post balance sheet events 2009.

[/quote] Nigel, why do you try and have your say about things you clearly do not understand. It''s like reading a Smudgy ramble about football. Utterly clueless. At least you know your place I suppose bog cleaner.[/quote]

I know. But I dream of being an accountant........

It''s fun to charter an accountant
And sail the wide accountancy,
To find, explore the funds offshore
And skirt the shoals of bankruptcy!

It can be manly in insurance.
We''ll up your premium semi-annually.
It''s all tax deductible.
We''re fairly incorruptible,
We''re sailing on the wide accountancy!

Much more fulfilling than being clean round the bend..

Sorry but I''ve no idea if the way Hughton''s compensation has been treated is different to previous appointments.

If the issue of the accounting treatment for Hughton''s compensation to Birmingham is of particular interest, shareholders have the forum of next month''s AGM to raise questions.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Sorry but I''ve no idea if the way Hughton''s compensation has been treated is different to previous appointments. If the issue of the accounting treatment for Hughton''s compensation to Birmingham is of particular interest, shareholders have the forum of next month''s AGM to raise questions.[/quote]

I often notice differences in these accounts. Not wrong doing, just that when you try to make comparisons you find you can''t.

My bingo calls are the same every year. There''s always 1 or 2 little ducks[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

My bingo calls are the same every year. There''s always 1 or 2 little ducks[;)]

[/quote]Quack, quack... you certainly need one.You''ve got to pick a pocket or two boy, you''ve got to pick a pocket or two!

[quote user="shefcanary"]

GPB - these shares were issued at the same time as the Ordinary Share issue in 2003-04 when the club were pushing for promotion and was aimed at raising funding for what eventually was used to buy Huckerby.  At the time I bought 4 ordinary shares and 1 B Preference share (£100 in both cases), and so would assume many others did similarly.  So most holders I would assume are "rank and file" supporters at the time.  Not saying that there aren''t high profile people who have them, but that share issue was aimed at ordinary fans rather than an attempt to sell the club! 

The shares hold no voting rights, but rank over ordinary shares on winding up.  Holders are also entitled to a dividend every year.  I''m still waiting for the dividends from last year but I assume they are discussed in the accounts and hence the reason for your question.  The dividend is fixed at £4.70 - so small that I would expect many don''t even bother to cash them ''cos parking to go to the bank to cash them probably costs more than that!!  So ultimately although there is a cost to them, in real terms that cost is decreasing as shares are sold back to the club and holders move and forget to update records with the club.

[/quote]

Thanks Shef. Very interesting. I must have the other sort of shares, as I dont get a dividend (and my pitiful amount would certainly not be worth car parking costs)