Sign in to follow this  
Hoshke1

Paul Lambert, The Catalyst for our Renaissance

I''m off to Villa Park this weekend to see our boys attempt to follow up Saturday''s fantastic result against Lambert''s new team.

While his departure and litigation-packed aftermath have left a bitter taste in the mouths of many fans, I still feel Paul Lambert deserves resounding cheers and applause when he shows his face this Saturday.

I''d hate for my fellow travelling supporters to let themselves down by showing animosity to the man, who has had a major hand in an unbelievable few seasons for us.

I will be eternally grateful for the most recent 3 chapters of our footballing history. I hope this is reflected by our greeting of Lambert on Saturday.

To be fair, it should be a round of applause at the start, then nothing but grief towards Lambert.

Really geting behind Hughton and the team and driving another 3 points in the bag.

I consider myself a happy clapper, I''m going to Villa Park, and although my main aim is to get behind the mighty yellows, I''m looking forward to joining in a few of the more entertaining chants (swear word free - I''ll be with my 8yo son) that will no doubt be aired. 

Anyone know whether Saturday''s result has caused renewed interest in the trip?

Just lots of hugely loud support behind our team, to help us get the win...beating them is revenge enough, then Lambert who are ya...otbc

[quote user="Hoshke1"]I''m off to Villa Park this weekend to see our boys attempt to follow up Saturday''s fantastic result against Lambert''s new team. While his departure and litigation-packed aftermath have left a bitter taste in the mouths of many fans, I still feel Paul Lambert deserves resounding cheers and applause when he shows his face this Saturday. I''d hate for my fellow travelling supporters to let themselves down by showing animosity to the man, who has had a major hand in an unbelievable few seasons for us. I will be eternally grateful for the most recent 3 chapters of our footballing history. I hope this is reflected by our greeting of Lambert on Saturday.[/quote]

Appreciate his part in our rise by all means but, the bloke is managing the opposition and every bone in my body wants us to beat said opposition. I no longer care about Paul Lambert or what he does, he is no longer part of Norwich City and I won''t be part of some love-in for him.

What else shall we do? Half and half scarves? Cheer Villa goals if they go in?

No. He is the oppo manager, just like Wenger was last week, our duty is to do everything and anything we can to encourage our team to beat his. Cheering him and clapping him will give the wrong signal out to our boys, get behind Hughton, he''s our man now.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]

[quote user="Hoshke1"]I''m off to Villa Park this weekend to see our boys attempt to follow up Saturday''s fantastic result against Lambert''s new team. While his departure and litigation-packed aftermath have left a bitter taste in the mouths of many fans, I still feel Paul Lambert deserves resounding cheers and applause when he shows his face this Saturday. I''d hate for my fellow travelling supporters to let themselves down by showing animosity to the man, who has had a major hand in an unbelievable few seasons for us. I will be eternally grateful for the most recent 3 chapters of our footballing history. I hope this is reflected by our greeting of Lambert on Saturday.[/quote]

Appreciate his part in our rise by all means but, the bloke is managing the opposition and every bone in my body wants us to beat said opposition. I no longer care about Paul Lambert or what he does, he is no longer part of Norwich City and I won''t be part of some love-in for him.

No. He is the oppo manager, just like Wenger was last week, our duty is to do everything and anything we can to encourage our team to beat his. Cheering him and clapping him will give the wrong signal out to our boys, get behind Hughton, he''s our man now.

[/quote]

Anyone who remembers the game at Colchester will know that Lambert feeds off outright hostility and uses it to motivate his team. My view is that we should ignore Lambert and get behind Hughton in a very vocal way. If we get a goal up the Villa fans will do the demolition job for us in any case.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Anyone who remembers the game at Colchester will know that Lambert feeds off outright hostility and uses it to motivate his team. My view is that we should ignore Lambert and get behind Hughton in a very vocal way. When we get a goal up the Villa fans will do the demolition job for us in any case.

[/quote]Well said. I''ve changed it for you by the way... [;)]

and if they beat us will you still clap and cheer Lambert at the end? He has gone, so we move on, all those cheering and clapping him on saturday might as well go sit with the Villa fans!!!!

Its been said several times -  he is the opposition now.    We don''t want to help him at all before or during the match.   As Gareth said - ignore him.  Whatever the result we can cheer or boo him - but after the match.  

Imo its the responsibility of our fans to do everything to help our own team - best way imo is to shout "there''s only one Chrissy Hughton" - over and over and over.    Give out that  message loud and clear - to our team and to Lambert.    Let AV and their manager see that we are focusing on our team -  not some ex-manager - whatever he did for us.

Save the "niceties" till after the match.

[quote user="baldyboy"]and if they beat us will you still clap and cheer Lambert at the end? He has gone, so we move on, all those cheering and clapping him on saturday might as well go sit with the Villa fans!!!! [/quote]Nobody has said that?All people have (rightly) said is that instead of getting on Judas'' back, we should back the Hoot instead.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]

[/quote]

Anyone who remembers the game at Colchester will know that Lambert feeds off outright hostility and uses it to motivate his team. My view is that we should ignore Lambert and get behind Hughton in a very vocal way. If we get a goal up the Villa fans will do the demolition job for us in any case.

[/quote]

The Villa fans are backing Lambert and will not be getting on his back if they go one down, the general feeling up there is they are happy with the way they are playing and they are giving him a bit of time!

Concentrate on ourselves would be my motto rather than wasting energy or time singing derogatory songs about Lambert.

We would be nowhere without that man and his desire to get us to the premier league, the very least he deserves is a dignified appreciation of his efforts at full time.

The way he left us is similar to the way he joined us and we should accept that and not be bitter. Lets not try the cauldron of hate routine that Colchester tried at their ground. It looks pathetic.

I would have issue with your thread title, I''d argue McNally is probably technically the catalyst for our success.

Paul Lambert was a great manager for us and is rightly in the hall of fame for what he achieved here in three seasons. He got constant recognition for his success when he was our manager, clapped, sung for and praised by 1000''s of supporters culminating in that award.

He''s no longer here and every supporter is entitled to treat his exit as they feel necessary. Ex players usually get a good reception when they were well thought of at a club and return to play, however ones that left under a cloud usually get roundly booed.

He has left now under pretty murky circumstances and each supporter is fully entitled to treat him in the manner they feel is appropriate in my opinion. As I said he got the praise and recognition when he was here.

The support at Carrow Road on Saturday was spine tingling. The incredible noise from all the stands gave the team, who must have been tiring, the energy to get over the line without conceding. That''s why I am firmly in the camp of putting all our effort into getting behind the team. The only message Lambert deserves will come from our team in the shape of a resounding defeat. Don''t give him any opportunity to feed off our attention. The stakes are too high.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Imo its the responsibility of our fans to do everything to help our own team...

[/quote]

ldc, on the rare occasions I can be bothered to attend a match at the most I indulge in occasional and very desultory clapping, usually if a member of the opposition has been chivalrous. I suspect this doesn''t quite reach your standard of "everything". What more do I need to do?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Has any part of the crowd sung "there''s only one Chrissy Hughton" yet?

[/quote]

In the last few minutes at White Hart Lane.

I''m not suggesting that we cheer Lambert at all. We are on his (new) home turf, so there will be plenty of Villa fans doing that anyway.

I agree that we should be focusing on our team and concentrate the majority of our chants on Hughts and our boys.

However, I would hate for our fans to roundly boo Lambert. As many have said, it is not our responsibility or our want to support him any longer, but to attack him would be a mistake IMO.

[quote user="Hoshke1"]I''m not suggesting that we cheer Lambert at all. We are on his (new) home turf, so there will be plenty of Villa fans doing that anyway.

I agree that we should be focusing on our team and concentrate the majority of our chants on Hughts and our boys.

However, I would hate for our fans to roundly boo Lambert. As many have said, it is not our responsibility or our want to support him any longer, but to attack him would be a mistake IMO.[/quote]

I agree with this 100%.  Lambert has always been good at getting results from the pressure games e.g. vs the scum and vs the other promoted teams last year.  We should ignore him.

If we manage to go a goal or two up, he''ll probably get a hard time from the home fans.  Here''s hoping...

I think the general view is ignore Lambert, we''re Norwich fans, not Lambert supporters or haters. Correct?I''d be happy if this was the case. I think he probably deserves a 5 second ripple of applause - if he doesn''t get it no matter. But if he gets booed, it stirs up the home support, the home team, and makes us look small time like Colchester.So lets just get behind our boys.

Screw Lambert, it''s all about the 11 players wearing the City shirt and the men sat in the correct dugout. That''s all that matters now. Get behind the players and the manager and let''s push for at least a point away at what will be a tough game (many people seem to believe we''ll win this, i''d love it but i''m not as confident)As a mark of respect, let''s not attack Lambert, he was amazing for us whilst it lasted. Don''t be bitter, believe that in Hughton we can move forward. Judging by the signings Hughton has made so far i''m quite excited (Bassong, Tettey & Garrado particularly) and even the so-called crap signing came good on Saturday. Believe!

OkOk Paul ,,, so you dont want us to  give you stick ..we get it !

I think you will be disappointed ..... Judas